Frequent Posters

Sharmii thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Im scared To post my picture On I-F.
what if people call me ugly? 😆
AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
well let's see--i totally adore abhishek bachchan and i think he looks awesome clean shaven like he did in Dhoom 1 and in the Motoslvr adverts I want him to SHAVE because i think he looks really bad TO MY EYES with the newest version of a french beard/ south indian hero look he's going for--it has nothing to do with his personality--i just want him to shave because its sadd to look at him like that; because i ll surely want a motoslvr when he looks great and his personality comes out in the adverts BUT who in the world will buy a watch from abhi looking like a scary goonda--NO ONE;similiarly if Ash paraded aound looking like she did at IIFA when she danced to kajra Re--with the extra weight-no one would put her L'Oreal billboard on the street; they'd rather put Eva Longoria or Charlize Theron;because people want to look GOOD; and cinema and tv is about putting dreams onto a canvas--so why put not so goodlooking things on a canvas--realism is plentiful on CNN
And when i have John Abraham's dignified appearances in public to applaud at why the heck whould I forgive AA for his public PDA a la post-crazy Tom cruise; or his GIS-ing or his badd dress sense when I have SRK's impeccable dress sense to look at; WHY
and contrary to what is being said--i think it might be the other way round--people who are overweight and not so good looking support stars who are overweight and not so good looking because the stars seem REAL to them--that is the reason Jassi was popular(I am SORRY for the blunt rudeness BUT thats what i think)
And i d rather watch a toned Bips and Ash in Dhoom 2 opposite HR parading his hotness and Abhi than watch smriti irani and mona singh pair opposite Ronit Roy and AA. I pay money for the visual treat that movies like Dhoom 2 promise;no point in denying that;and please watch the song btwn srk and sush in MHN--now that song looks ethereal BUT i would seriously cover my eyes and LEAVE the cinema if that song was picturised on anorexic GIS-ing AA and a plus sized Mona
i disagree that we are immature--i do NOT know mona singh from adams but shilpa shetty performing "pathli kamar lachkake is LOADS better and much more appreciated and true to the song than mona performing it;
Plus if one was to stop us from saying the BITTER TRUTH wouldnt it be fair to ban magazines like people; ban all commercials that focus on looks; and ban visual treats; and have everyone on Tv look like the cast of hairspray--No one would watch anything     
Edited by legallyblonde21 - 17 years ago
if there is to be a ban on commenting on celebrities' appearances let there also be restrictions imposed on music and the number of times the words "pathla" are used; the words "soni" are used' the word "sexy' is used; London and Madrid recently said they ddint want anorexic models at their fashion weeks BUT all the girls who modelled looked greatt and were THIN--none of them were fat! Milan that is the HOME of De La Renta;Dior;Gucci; Armani; etc refused to impose a ban--none of these designers made a size 20 dress; heck go to stores like the GAP & H&M even and one would probably not even find good jeans above a size 14; and if people can wear an Old Navy size 26 and secretly not wish that they looked like Tyra Banks then more power to them BUT there IS a reason the diet industry makes a LOTTT of money!!!
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: legallyblonde21

Cinema and tv is about putting dreams onto a canvas--so why put not so goodlooking things on a canvas--realism is plentiful on CNN 

I pay money for the visual treat that movies like Dhoom 2 promise;no point in denying that;

Plus if one was to stop us from saying the BITTER TRUTH wouldnt it be fair to ban magazines like people; ban all commercials that focus on looks; and ban visual treats; and have everyone on Tv look like the cast of hairspray--No one would watch anything     

You hit the nail with these points....Completely agree with LB…TV/Movies are a visual medium,and we pay money for the visual treat as Sheena put it ....

I would want a celebrity to look a million bucks,that person has to stand out,and has to be several notches above normal people in looks and in persona😃

I pay money to get entertained,and I want to see larger than life people,not just run of the mill mediocres romping about and calling it "performance"...

Now that the release of Dhoom 2 is in the offing,I would surely be paying my $$$ to watch a Hot Hrithik,Abhi and Ash in dhoom 2....Not to watch a flabby Smrithi or a flabby Mona dancing to the tune of Dhoom Machale🤢....Fine,I have no problems with people who are a bit overweight,and are happy the way they are,and wear clothes that cover all the flab,but such people cant harbour bollywood dreams,or a dream to become a model/actress(lead actress ofcourse,not amma roles)....I am paying for wholesome entertainment,and I wouldnt be wanting to watch flabby slobs dance and make a spectacle of themsleves

The essence of these movies is that they for 3 odd hours completely take us on a dream voyage...L_A_R_G_E_R  T_H_A_N  L_I_F_E  Things which normal people cannot do,or look like a diva(which every normal person cant)....Portrayal of larger than life characters is what catapults these actors into superstars..

Its all a fantasy,and that's precisely what we pay for and when we're paying,I want to watch the best.....I prefer to watch Hrithik pull off dangerous stunts rather than watching a Mihir Virani or a Jai Walia pull it off ...Those who are secure they way they look and of their personality wouldnt be jealous of a stunning Ash .. Such people would appreciate,and not say "Its allright to be obese"

I certainly prefer the movies with larger than life characters,I do not wish to watch movies which seem like documentaries..I could as well watch a real documentary if I so want to watch it...If celluloid is meant to be akin to real life,There would be absulutely no fun,one could as well watch a documentary,or news

and those who say that we love our acquaintances who arent the most gorgeous people on earth,I would beg to differ....I love my acquaintances for the people they are,for they way they are friendly towards me,and because of the bond and rapport we share..ANd I dont pay money to watch my acquaintances' faces,or watch them dance..if I'm,then I'd diss their performance too....whereas I do not know these celebrities from adams,all that I know is that they act,and I pay to watch them act...when I pay money,I'm entitled to comment on everything they do in the movie/serial..😊

BTW, healthy actresses,provided they religiously work out,can get the toned look..Its not all that hard to be thin,but it requires alot of work,alot of gymming....and When these people get paid in millions,is it really that hard to hit the gym everyday and be in shape😕....Afterall,its healthy too,and these stars just need to show a bit of motivation and dedication...Cant they do that,not for the audience,but for their ownselves😕

Originally posted by: WorldClassDiva

sorry I have not read all the posts in this thread but I think its ok to comment on celebrities' looks. They're in glamour industry where they are expected to look good. I'm sure there'd be people who'd say "its all about the talent etc etc etc". I'm sorry to say they are either very naive or just fooling themselves.

Because if talent was the only thing that mattered then Bollywood and Tellywood would need a major overhaul.

If these people show themselves to the world, make themselves look a certain way/pull publicity stunts/bring their personal life to the media/appear in public, then they are putting themselves to be judged by people like you and me.

I don't know why this forum is so uptight when it comes to making comments about looks. It is a different story if someone dedicates their whole IF user account to redicule an actor/actress in every single post. (*cough* *cough* that happens quite a lot around here but as long as you're friends with the moderators then its ok)

But commenting about a celebrity's looks and/or weight is normal and isn't harmful at all.

As always,very eloquently put Megan👏👏..

Besides,I think every field has certain sine qua nons…..Just like any person cant become a doctor,just as any TDH cant become a lawyer,I do think that people must have certain prerequisites to become an actor..Good looks(or atleast decent looks,stars must atleast look a tad bit better than normal people,orelse what is the difference😕),acting talent,dancing prowess,affability are some such requisites...It takes all of the above,to be a complete actor,a complete entertainer.....Orelse,we would have the incomplete actors,who would be dissed for the lack of any of the above(or all,as in the case of television actors)

Just my views😛

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Once Again Hi to all of you!!!

I donot see anything wrong in discussing about the height,weight,length,breadth all the parameters of so called Stars.I don't find anything wrong in measuring their hotness(without thermometers) on different scales which don't have units.

My views regarding beauty of ordinary people are:(i did'nt write them,i'm copying from the mail I got)

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.   

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day.

For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find them at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.

The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode, but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows.

The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Once Again Hi to all of you!!!

I donot see anything wrong in discussing about the height,weight,length,breadth all the parameters of so called Stars.I don't find anything wrong in measuring their hotness(without thermometers) on different scales which don't have units.

My views regarding beauty of ordinary people are:(i did'nt write them,i'm copying from the mail I got)

Agreed....and all these parameters(a ka weight,height etc) is confined only for the people in the entertainment field,because they get paid for all that...

I wouldnt look for beauty in a doctor,I would look for knowledge,astuteness,intelligence,kindness,sagaciousness and above all,his experience..I wouldnt be looking for height and weight(But if the doc is a hottie of the opposite sex,I wouldnt mind drooling😉😆)

Similarly,In a teacher,I would look for the depth of subject,the ability to cater to the "not so bright" students,the affability and the teaching prowess...and NOT height,slimness,sveltness,beauty etc

But in actors,I do look for good acting,as well as good looks...

and the biggest misconception is that,people feel that those who judge the actors judge everyone..NO!,...I dont judge how pretty every by-passer on the road is....Nor do I opine about real life people,my friends..But I dont find anything wrong about commenting on actors,as they are paid for that,their claim to fame is their "overall personality and acting prowess"...Would these many people love Abhishek had he been this obese potbellied unhealthy slob...If your answer is no,then it explains everything😛..SImilarly,would people like a rubenesque Priyanka or Priety....

and like anusha said--the G_Y_M exists for a reason--if regular people who: go to university full time; studyyyyy and do well on tests/exams/ reports/papers; get asked to put in hours at their parents' businesses/offices/factories/whateverrr;manage the house while their parents are away on a trip;go to navratri for garba/raas almost everyday; AND still go to the gym for 2 hours (even when on holiday) and have a knowledge of the latest products available in the market then why cant celebrities???VLCC and Leena Mogre would stay open for ppl like smriti and mona and ram kapoor; dentists would love to fix star GIS; or crooked teeth9*cough Ronit Roy cough*;Surily goel wouldnt mind styling AA off screen;Estee Lauder could send anti-cellulite products as complimentary; weight watchers wouldnt mind either...
celebrities have a whole lot at their disposal; can't they use it??are they so dense as to ignore it--and if so then i m sorry but they need to be prepared for being dissed; I would NOT always like to watch a replay of a broadway show where fat people with BADDD clothes are allowed!!

just my views/opinion

Edited by legallyblonde21 - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: legallyblonde21

and like anusha said--the G_Y_M exists for a reason--if regular people who: go to university full time; studyyyyy and do well on tests/exams/ reports/papers; get asked to put in hours at their parents' businesses/offices/factories/whateverrr;manage the house while their parents are away on a trip;go to navratri for garba/raas almost everyday; AND still go to the gym for 2 hours (even when on holiday)

Exactly...WHen people who work/corporates/and students can work out(I have seen loadssssssss of such pople being realy health conscious),cant celebrities work out😕...Their only job is to look good ,and to act well....They invariably crib about their shooting schedules,but are they doing anything more harder than corporates who work their a**es off at offices,or students who study for hours together..NOPE...

Working out should not be considered as a burden,coz then no one would ever succeed...the motivation should come from within,and not after being repeatedly dissed by the media/critics

sowmyaa thumbnail
Good post JP. 👏

Well to be frank to me anyone who talks about anyone's look be it actor/actress or regular people...i think they are just judging things that are not in human hands. you are talking about looks? I have seen people making fun of disabbled as well. I think it is really sad to see people passing comments on other's weight, looks, nose, hair, etc. We have actor like Om Puri, and others who are not that attractive but have proved themselves on screen.

I would say if you like or dislike someone even looks wise it's fine, but to make issue out of it and post it is not something I personally like posting or reading. I have seen lot of older women gather outside their house and talk about neighbours and discuss people...to me this is just same...gossip about people and having fun at other's expense.
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sowmyaa

Good post JP. 👏

Well to be frank to me anyone who talks about anyone's look be it actor/actress or regular people...i think they are just judging things that are not in human hands. you are talking about looks? I have seen people making fun of disabbled as well. I think it is really sad to see people passing comments on other's weight, looks, nose, hair, etc. We have actor like Om Puri, and others who are not that attractive but have proved themselves on screen.

I would say if you like or dislike someone even looks wise it's fine, but to make issue out of it and post it is not something I personally like posting or reading. I have seen lot of older women gather outside their house and talk about neighbours and discuss people...to me this is just same...gossip about people and having fun at other's expense.

Sowmya !!!

I agree with you but  I don't feel anything wrong in making healthy comments on the same actor or actress(who are or were handsome/beautiful already).However I don't support people who simply comment on the beauty which is naturally given by God.I'm not interested in commenting an actor by comparing with another but I'm really interested in commenting in comparing the actor with his/her past physical features that too some considerable level.Thses are just for people in glamour world.

Cheers,

Mythili