Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

insouciance thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: pinkdrops2003

ok i disagree with u pachi and abhi cause when ur int he entertainment business u have to learn to live with ppl making these comments because u r in this type of a business now i am not sayin to go to an extend and saying really bad things but talking abt pplz weight's goes and and prolly will stay there. I am not saying that u should alwayz comment on these things but it's there and i dont think anyone can stop sayin it.😳

true pinkdrop..There's no point fooling oneself saying that looks dont matter in this buisness...and when these celebrities can reap all the perquisites(fame,being written about,being  featured in the page 3 section),they must also be ready for the brickbats....If celebrities cant handle the heat,they need to go and do some work where no one would talk about their looks

and what's worse is that..even celebs would agree that they are fat,but the fans...uuuuuuuffffffffffffffff,when one is in limelight, one is posing himself / herself for JUDGEMENT!  They are SUPPOSED to look good and dress well at all times ...Stupid DEVOTEES🤢🤢 always howling and crying about her weight being fine,always howling and crying that the stars dress well,always howling that nothing negative should be said about the star and to top it all,a blackmail.."I AM LEAVING IF ..AS EVERYONE IS CRITICIZING MY STAR...You made people quit the forum and other such gibberish"....C'mon,these people need to grow up,not everyone will worship the stars,not eveyone will glorify.....Some need to stop kidding themselves😛 

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
well put!

i may be hypocrtitical while saying so... but its just better to say something nice, or not say anything at all. Hard to keep such a policy, but... it'll make more than one person feel better... unless if we try to help someone out by saving them from worse condition, but criticizing/negatively commenting someone's appearance... not niceEdited by rachna_5 - 17 years ago
blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I'm glad JP started this topic, because i'd been itching ot say someting about this topic for a whie now.

While looks do matter in the entertainment business, i think it is just plain hurtful to go on commenting about ppl's external appearance ALL the time. As someone rightly pointed out, most of te actors are bathed in makeup so one hardly knows what they REALLY look like. So just as it is silly to go on and on raving about someone's "beauty", it is plain mean to go on and on talking about someone being "fat" or "ugly". How do you know that the person you're talking about is not absoltutely gorgeous in real life?

Secondly, i disagree that the actors are being paid for their looks, and that just because they are celebities we have a right to say ANYTHING about them. Isnt presentability a part of any job? Yet, you wont want someone at your workplace to comment about your looks or your weight! The actors are being paid to ACT, not look a particular way. It is enough if their looks fit the character. Being "gorgeous" or "thin" doesnt matter all that much.
I know one gets a kick out of the glamour in the entertainment business. But one must, for one's own good, know where to stop this obsession with externals. It wont matter to the stars because they may never visit tis forum but it will matter to ourselves: our personal values: whether we want to just go by the cover or actually read the book!
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Well said!!!

See we are not bothered about the hair style of Abdul Kalam ji or size of Jayalalitha ji because we donot adore/hate them on these parameters.Where as hair style of Ram Kapoor or beard of Abhishek matters as they are in entertainment industry.

Cheers,

Mythili

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!! 

I wonder what is the point in not judging someone who earns their bread and butter in TODAY'S ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS!  Please don;t point out dileep kumar and madhubala as those days are GONE!!  World changes and it is great to change with it.  Thin is "IN"  in the entertainment business.  I am not drop dead good-looking, I am not the cutest thing that happened in this world and I am definitely not 36 24 36.  I am a scietist and I don;t care about how FIT I am to DISPLAY MYSELF ON SCREEN .  But if I were to be an actress, I WOULD HAVE AND I THINK ONE SHOULD!!  If I don;t, OBVIOUSLY there will be a certain population of people who will APPLAUD MY TALENT, yet disapprove of my persona.   THAT WOULD BE A PART OF MY JOB😡 IN FACT, To look good in public eyes.  If one wants to enjoy all the lime light, they OUGHT TO BE CAREFUL.  I am not commenting on the star pictures taken at their home in their pajamas / caught off guard, its okay however they look... 
but HOW ABOUT PUBLIC APPEARANCES??? 

How many of you who think and brag about "LOOKS DON:T MATTER" would have given a LEAD ROLE to "JASSI-pre makeover" if you were producers??  Do you think she would have made a great "PARO?? "😡😡😡 , with the same TALENT THAT SHE HAS, which might even be far better than what we got as Paro???  
NO!!  WHY????  Why doesn;t an actress like VASUMDHARA DAS succeed???  She did amazing acting job in HEY RAM..  Why was she never offered to play something meaningful on masala films??
One has to be PRESENTABLE and one has to be two steps ahead (say well dressed Amitabh / Abhishek / other popular stars) Talent is what people will appreciate, but there has to be a sense of PUBLIC APPEARANCE. 

I will end this with my last question..  As I said, I am a scientist.  AM I NOT JUDGED BASED ON my originality, bench skills to perform experiments?? can I make a big deal out of it?  Everyone of us who wants to succeed will be judged.  It makes one strive for PERFECTION. 
Those of you who are DOCTORS,  just because you are in a public place one day , and someone needs medical attention suddenly,  "CAN YOU PERFORM SUB-OPTIMAL?" .. No!!  You have to give you BEST ALL THE TIME!!

Jobs come with their responsibilities.  People who participate as lead roles, have a responsibilty to PLEASURE their viewers.  These days, even being slightly overweight, is sore..  I don;t back that as a person, but MATURITY is in accepting that, if one wants to be successful.

HOW MANY PPL criticise BAAs and BEBEs, and MASIs in serials for being  overweight???  NOBODY!!  That sort of behaviour would be pathetic and bash-worthy.Nobody is that immature.  

If you want to be in lime light, and not subjest yourself to criticism for beng overweight, SHED tose pounds. 
The second aspect is being ugly.  😭😭
Ugly is a RIDICULOUS TERM. 🤢🤢🤢 I will call them "NOT PLEASANT- LOOKING/ PRETTY"  people.  These peole unfortunately never get lead roles in masala movies and soaps..   All they do is perform well!!  But often get roles that are tailored to suit their character. That is sooo wrong, but that's the way it is.

It is okay to accept the things the way they are.  How many movies did Aishwarys Rai bank, while how many films and what kind of roles did MY FAVORITE FAVORITE super-talented SEEMA BISWAS get??  There is no comparison between talent there. Seema is PAR EXCELLENCE in comparison.  Then why is it so?  She would have also played a PHENOMENAL PARO!! but nobody would have asked, and if some producers did, the film would have tanked 😕  And if it is so, they whats this FAKE SUPPORT to overweight, and sub-optimal looks and bragging that "LOOKS DON;t MATTER" 

Well,  Perhaps, looks "SHOULDN'T MATTER", but hell yes, THEY DO!
There are several OTHER PROFESSIONS, if you don;t want Looks-related Criticism.

QT

qt
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!! 

I wonder what is the point in not judging someone who earns their bread and butter in TODAY'S ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS!  Please don;t point out dileep kumar and madhubala as those days are GONE!!  World changes and it is great to change with it.  Thin is "IN"  in the netertainment business.  I am not drop dead good-looking, I am not the cutest thing that happened in this world and I am definitely not 36 24 36.  I am a scietist and I don;t care about how FIT I am to DISPLAY MYSELF ON SCREEN .  But if I were to be an actress, I WOULD HAVE AND I THINK ONE SHOULD!!  If they don;t, OBVIOUSLY there will be a certain population of people who will APPLAUD MY TALENT, yet disapprove of my persona.   THAT WOULD BE A PART OF MY JOB😡 IN FACT.  If one wants to enjoy all the lime light, they OUGHT TO BE CAREFUL.  I am not commenting on the star pictures taken at their home in their pajamas / caught off guard, but HOW ABOUT PUBLIC APPEARANCES??? 

How many of you who think and brag about "LOOKS DON:T MATTER" would have given a LEAD ROLE to "JASSI-pre makeover" if you were producers??  Do you think she would have made a great "PARO?? "😡😡😡 , with the same TALENT THAT SHE HAS???  
NO!!  WHY????  Why doesn;t an actress like VASUMDHARA DAS succeed???  She did amazing acting job in HEY RAM.. 
One has to be PRESENTABLE and one has to be two steps ahead (say well dressed Amitabh / Abhishek / other popular stars) Amitabh looked the same as "khaike paan banaraswala" and as "DON".. Talent is what people will appreciate, but there has to be a sense of PUBLIC APPEARANCE. 

I will end this with my last question..  As I said, I am a scientist.  AM I NOT JUDGED BASED ON my riginality, bench skills to perform experiments??  THose of you who are DOCTORS,  just because yu are in a public place , and someone needs medical attention suddenly,  "CAN YOU PERFORM SUB-OPTIMAL?"

Jobs come with their responsibilities.  People who participate as lead roles, have a responsibilty to PLEASURE their viewers.  These days, even being slightly overweight, is sore..  I don;t back that as a person, but MATURITY is in accepting that, if one wants to be successful.

HOW MANY PPL criticise BAAs and BEBEs, and MASIs in serials for being  overweight???  NOBODY!!  Nobody is that immature.  

If you want to be in lime light, and not subjest yourself to criticism, SHED tose pounds.  Ugly is a RIDICULOUS TERM. I will call them "NOT PLEASANT- LOOKING"  people unfortunately never get lead roles in masala movies and soaps..   All they do is perform well, in roled tailored to suit their character.

It is okay to accept the things the way they are.  How many movies did Aishwarys Rai bank, while how many films and what kind of roles did MY FAVORITE FAVORITE super-talented SEEMA BISWAS get??  There is no comparison between talent there. Seema is PAR EXCELLENCE in comparison.  Then why is it so?  And if it is so, they whats this FAKE SUPPORT to overweight, and sub-optimal looks and bragging that "LOOKS DON;t MATTER" 

qt

👏....You summed up the entire scenario so eloquently👏

Its not all that good to be in denial.......Leading men and women have to look good,no refuting that😊

AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!! 

I wonder what is the point in not judging someone who earns their bread and butter in TODAY'S ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS!  Please don;t point out dileep kumar and madhubala as those days are GONE!!  World changes and it is great to change with it.  Thin is "IN"  in the entertainment business.  I am not drop dead good-looking, I am not the cutest thing that happened in this world and I am definitely not 36 24 36.  I am a scietist and I don;t care about how FIT I am to DISPLAY MYSELF ON SCREEN .  But if I were to be an actress, I WOULD HAVE AND I THINK ONE SHOULD!!  If I don;t, OBVIOUSLY there will be a certain population of people who will APPLAUD MY TALENT, yet disapprove of my persona.   THAT WOULD BE A PART OF MY JOB😡 IN FACT, To look good in public eyes.  If one wants to enjoy all the lime light, they OUGHT TO BE CAREFUL.  I am not commenting on the star pictures taken at their home in their pajamas / caught off guard, its okay however they look... 
but HOW ABOUT PUBLIC APPEARANCES??? 

How many of you who think and brag about "LOOKS DON:T MATTER" would have given a LEAD ROLE to "JASSI-pre makeover" if you were producers??  Do you think she would have made a great "PARO?? "😡😡😡 , with the same TALENT THAT SHE HAS, which might even be far better than what we got as Paro???  
NO!!  WHY????  Why doesn;t an actress like VASUMDHARA DAS succeed???  She did amazing acting job in HEY RAM..  Why was she never offered to play something meaningful on masala films??
One has to be PRESENTABLE and one has to be two steps ahead (say well dressed Amitabh / Abhishek / other popular stars) Talent is what people will appreciate, but there has to be a sense of PUBLIC APPEARANCE. 

I will end this with my last question..  As I said, I am a scientist.  AM I NOT JUDGED BASED ON my originality, bench skills to perform experiments?? can I make a big deal out of it?  Everyone of us who wants to succeed will be judged.  It makes one strive for PERFECTION. 
Those of you who are DOCTORS,  just because you are in a public place one day , and someone needs medical attention suddenly,  "CAN YOU PERFORM SUB-OPTIMAL?" .. No!!  You have to give you BEST ALL THE TIME!!

HOW MANY PPL criticise BAAs and BEBEs, and MASIs in serials for being  overweight???  NOBODY!!  That sort of behaviour would be pathetic and bash-worthy.Nobody is that immature.  

If you want to be in lime light, and not subjest yourself to criticism for beng overweight, SHED tose pounds. 
The second aspect is being ugly.  😭😭
Ugly is a RIDICULOUS TERM. 🤢🤢🤢 I will call them "NOT PLEASANT- LOOKING/ PRETTY"  people.  These peole unfortunately never get lead roles in masala movies and soaps..   All they do is perform well!!  But often get roles that are tailored to suit their character. That is sooo wrong, but that's the way it is.

It is okay to accept the things the way they are.  How many movies did Aishwarys Rai bank, while how many films and what kind of roles did MY FAVORITE FAVORITE super-talented SEEMA BISWAS get??  There is no comparison between talent there. Seema is PAR EXCELLENCE in comparison.  Then why is it so?  She would have also played a PHENOMENAL PARO!! but nobody would have asked, and if some producers did, the film would have tanked 😕  And if it is so, they whats this FAKE SUPPORT to overweight, and sub-optimal looks and bragging that "LOOKS DON;t MATTER" 

There are several OTHER PROFESSIONS, if you don;t want Looks-related Criticism.

QT

qt

you said it QT👏

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: blyton

I'm glad JP started this topic, because i'd been itching ot say someting about this topic for a whie now.

While looks do matter in the entertainment business, i think it is just plain hurtful to go on commenting about ppl's external appearance ALL the time. As someone rightly pointed out, most of te actors are bathed in makeup so one hardly knows what they REALLY look like. So just as it is silly to go on and on raving about someone's "beauty", it is plain mean to go on and on talking about someone being "fat" or "ugly". How do you know that the person you're talking about is not absoltutely gorgeous in real life?

Secondly, i disagree that the actors are being paid for their looks, and that just because they are celebities we have a right to say ANYTHING about them. Isnt presentability a part of any job? Yet, you wont want someone at your workplace to comment about your looks or your weight! The actors are being paid to ACT, not look a particular way. It is enough if their looks fit the character. Being "gorgeous" or "thin" doesnt matter all that much.
I know one gets a kick out of the glamour in the entertainment business. But one must, for one's own good, know where to stop this obsession with externals. It wont matter to the stars because they may never visit tis forum but it will matter to ourselves: our personal values: whether we want to just go by the cover or actually read the book!

i AGREE, I think some people tend to forget that what they say or feel abt some person need not be the same for everyone.The one they feel as beautiful doesn not mean the same for everyone else .

yes a certain actress in "fat" but that does not imply that she doesnt have talent or cannot accomplish anythig or become less beautiful or compete with "slim" people .

the worrying thing that i get offended abt is that theres nothing wrong is pointing out that a certain celebrity is "fat" or that he/she needs to hit the gym but the fact abt making it a s a headline or the title of the post or start a separate thread abt it is disturbing .

see why is so much importance given to the physical aspects of a person,we dont start a thread saying a certain celebrit is "slim " or too thin ,then why should special emphasis be given to the ones who are "plump"

there were certain comments abt an actress who was certainly on the heavier side but then degrading the same actress saying that she cannot dance mainly bcoz of her figure makes the post look so kiddish ,not bcoz of the post but bcoz of thre thoughts of that person. If this is the thought that one has that everyone who is on the heavier side cannot perform or do not have the talent to succeed then what can one say

yes people can post their opinions but the opinions reflects on the thoughts and the nature of the eprson posting abt it . I do agree that bollwood and television give more importance to looks but the other fact is that not many agree to it and say its right and have their own thoughts and opinions abt it .

In my case ,I admire people or like someone not bcoz of their looks but acting and talent is the main criteria for me . Some may not like ajay playing ram bcoz in their eyes ,he doesnt look the role but it may not be the same for others.I infact like to see ajay in that role coz he is a good actor which is the criteria for me for liking an actor/actress .

the sad truth is that looks have gained more importance in bollwood but that doesnt take away the fact that people who are "fat" are not beautiful .

the definition of beauty changes from person to person and what one sees as beauty may not be for the other person and thats the fact . One has to realise that ,there is no need to start a thread with the title "omg she is so fat " ,coz its ridiculous trying to make an issue which is non-existent

shikara thumbnail
Hmmm...I have so many thoghts bubbling after reading all these posts....I dont know where to start...

Firstly, for all those who says ugly and overweight stars dont do well, then why is Kajol such a top actress. Why is ajay devgun doing so well? Why is SRK no 1 ( at risk of being killed by his fans I'm sorry to say I find SRK unattractive).

Secondly, those who talk about actors being overweight dont speak of their physical apppreance but how it makes them bad at their profession... the comment is she's so fat how can she dance or act?

I'm sorry but since when does weight prevent one from performing the craft?

Also, I thought those in the acting profession were supposed to look like their characters?
So tell me how does it look when Bipasha Basu is playing a village belle cabaret dancer with a perfect toned body and cut on her biceps. It looks ridiculous!!!!

shikara thumbnail
Hmmm...I have so many thoghts bubbling after reading all these posts....I dont know where to start...

Firstly, for all those who says ugly and overweight stars dont do well, then why is Kajol such a top actress. Why is ajay devgun doing so well? Why is SRK no 1 ( at risk of being killed by his fans I'm sorry to say I find SRK unattractive).

Secondly, those who talk about actors being overweight dont speak of their physical apppreance but how it makes them bad at their profession... the comment is she's so fat how can she dance or act?

I'm sorry but since when does weight prevent one from performing the craft?

Also, I thought those in the acting profession were supposed to look like their characters?
So tell me how does it look when Bipasha Basu is playing a village belle cabaret dancer with a perfect toned body and cut on her biceps. It looks ridiculous!!!!

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
well, people always seem to find it a problem if ur not slim enough. if ur just abit more healthier looking than the usual stick insect, u get labelled as 'fat'. 😆 😆 👍🏼

wat great imparital fairness this world has! 😆 does being slim mean ur perfect? i dun tink so. pple who are plump usually have much more personality and zeal than the slim people. 😆

thin or fat. all these terms are invented by human beings so tt they can achieve perfection. 😊 but they fail to realise tt if u love urself just the way ur are. no matter if ur plump or thin, tt is already mastering the art of perfection. 👏

till people realsie this, this endless stream of 'fat' comments will keep on making their vicious rounds. 😭