Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
Feminism is not women trying to be like men. If that is how you understand feminism, you have misunderstood it.

Similarly, feminism does not perceive men or women to be superior. If you feel feminism puts men or women in a higher place, you have misunderstood it.

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Feminism is not women trying to be like men. If that is how you understand feminism, you have misunderstood it.

Similarly, feminism does not perceive men or women to be superior. If you feel feminism puts men or women in a higher place, you have misunderstood it.

You were careful enough to avoid statements like "Why women want to be like men? Because the traditional roles notwithstanding, men's role is considered more important and relevant." bcoz that in itself eulogizes masculine qualities & degrades women's status & also confirms gender stereotypes..but not all pro-feminists feel this way as has been proved in this thread itself..feminism for most women means comparing themselves with men & then arriving at conclusions of what is right & what is not..such parameters are itself faulty..feminism in its TRUEST FORM & HONEST MEANING has only one purpose which is reflected in its definition.."fighting for women's rights" ( it does not include a fight for LGBT issues or a fight for men's rights ).. all this saintly exaggeration of what feminism actually stands for is just that-an exaggeration , but if u feel feminism stands for all those things,u have clearly misunderstood it.. when u talk about a fight against benevolent sexism which affects men you arent talking about feminism anymore , its a completely different issue altogether..u r talking about Human Rights then..and when u say that world's leading feminists donot define feminism that way or this way , it is an individual opinion of that feminist person owing to his/her own personal sense of justice & has very little to do with feminism..but the fact that they too promote such saintly notions under name of feminism yet again reflects the fact that they too are deluded & are only intent on providing feminism a goody-goody image..thats all..if they really understood what feminism stands for they wouldnt be deluding themselves like this & wouldnt be calling themselves feminists instead they would have opted for some other term to describe themselves , how about 'Humanists' ?😆..following 'Humanism'?😆..i think thats a better term than Feminism 😛..why fool themselves calling feminists following feminism ?..😆 
Once again i repeat , things like Feminism ( or even LGBT rights movement) were/are a necessity in the initial stages of the fight against unfair attributes of the world for many many reasons but eventually it reaches a stage wherein it starts to eat away its own cause..and thats when it becomes a problem..and thats when it needs to be tamed properly..in an ideal world there wont be any  feminism , or LGBT rights , only Human Rights..
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: light_year

How many people support it on this forum. Independent women , strong women ,fiesty lady, libral women, women empowerment, women based movies. I think this is new trend on social media in india. How many of us see so much support for feminism in real world. 

There's nothing to support.. women have been oppressed in many ways on different levels, and they ought to be treated like a human, rather than a woman.

@bold --- I think it's the herd-like behaviour of people.

Feminism, the concept/label itself is cross.

The background for this has to be understood.. women who were the vulnerable and oppressed sought to be treated like a human, not on par with man. THAT isnt feminism, it is humane-ness. IDK why the very label of feminism arose in first place, when all women wanted was gender neutrality and equality...from voting rights to reproductive rights. It is something which a basic human must have... how can one label that as feminism??

This does not encompass nudist movements, going out at 2 in the morning etc which I think were stupid demands...no matter how much freedom a women gets, it is a fact that her physical constitution is not as strong as a male...thus it's common sense that being a girl, one cannot do some things(this applies for men as well, who cannot do certain things owing to their gender).

The society has to be blamed for the extreme "feministic" expressions. Women, were constantly looked at as the weak, the irrational, the lower etc, which was extreme in itself, and this naturally offset another extreme, that is our "feminism" . It often happens - people rebel (sometimes in irrational ways) when they're pushed beyond a limit. I'm just trying to justifying the extreme movements led by some activists.

If there was gender neutrality, all these confused concepts wouldn't have arose. 

@red --- I dont see that as 'feministic'... it should've been the normalcy. Unless you define 'liberal' as smoking, nudism, etc, which I find ridiculous in both the sexes. A woman with career as her topmost priority is looked at as 'career-oriented/ambitious women', whereas it is ought to be normal for a man.. This labelling of women as 'independent/fiesty/ambitious' should stop. She's a human, she wants a secured life, thats that... now I dont understand where there is feminism in that? Firstly, one must stop examining a woman so much, saying she's got feminist attitude if she wants to lead life on her own terms.

I cannot say anything about feminism ~ the very concept is very confusing/misconstrued, I support mutual respect between genders and gender neutrality. It's 21st century, women are ought to be seen as a social being, rather than a gender. I hope I made sense :/
@ Angel-likeDevil ( sorry if u dont mind could u give me ur IF name , I am Akash 😊 )
The things that you said in the above post made perfect sense to me !..👍🏼 .. that happens to be everything that i have been ranting about so far in this thread....u summed it up perfectly..⭐️ 👏

Originally posted by: Quixotic5

@ Angel-likeDevil ( sorry if u dont mind could u give me ur IF name , I am Akash 😊 )

The things that you said in the above post made perfect sense to me !..👍🏼 .. that happens to be everything that i have been ranting about so far in this thread....u summed it up perfectly..⭐️ 👏

Hi there Akash, thankyou thankyouuu! :)

My IF name is ALD, Angel, Devil, or you can call me anything you wish actually 😛 
What if some females like to be feminine? Woud that be anti-feminism?😕

Originally posted by: zorrro

What if some females like to be feminine? Woud that be anti-feminism?😕

You know 'gender' is a social creation. Sex of a person is by birth. So, if a woman is comfortable being 'feminine', it's her choice... the VERY CATEGORIZING of some things as 'feminine' and 'masculine' is what should go away in the society.

Then, I'm sure the society would look beautiful...have people who are original. Take a lottt of load off the men and women's minds. Society would be much happier as an entity.

I think every man and woman have feminity and masculinity in them, originally.

It's just the labelling that's creating all the trouble. Girls' ego wont accept when she's told she is little bit masculine(looks, mentality, behaviour, mannerisms)...likewise, a man's ego will also be hurt, when someone says he's 'not man enough'. It is THESE societal 'norms', this social milieu that's creating all these confused perversions manifesting in extreme surreal ideas. I think the pysche of man must change... he should stop looking at humans as 'woman','man', 'feminity', 'masculinity', 'girl power' and so on. Feminity, masculinity, or balance of both in a person should rather be appreciated.. when you find it beautiful... but why the hell has 'feminity' become a norm??
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 9 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

For the nth time, feminism is not about masculinity and women wanted to be like men.

Feminism is about equality for all people. Feminism is about doing away with traditional notions of masculine and feminine. Feminism is about empowering men and women to be themselves without having to be forced to act in a certain way or be held to differing standards.

If someone believes all people are equal and to be judged by their own merit while rejecting different standards based on gender- then they are a feminist.

For the nth time, feminism is not about masculinity and women wanted to be like men.

Feminism is about equality for all people. Feminism is about doing away with traditional notions of masculine and feminine. Feminism is about empowering men and women to be themselves without having to be forced to act in a certain way or be held to differing standards.

If someone believes all people are equal and to be judged by their own merit while rejecting different standards based on gender- then they are a feminist.

awww RTH 🤗

Oh My God !... Feminism simply put is " fight/ movement aimed towards uplifting the status of women  " .. i have already put forth the standard definition of Feminism once before on this thread , feel free to check it once again ( if at all you need to )...

For the Nth time , Feminism is exclusively a woman-centric movement that was/is a necessity to do away with evils of an out n out patriarchal mindset ..

It is puzzling , people (feminists) are so hell bent on making this concept gender non specific when it clearly is gender specific ! its even in the name "FEMINISM" !..this appears to be just desperate attempts of deluded feminists throughout the world to provide feminism an universal appeal & nothing else..

@ Red : WHAT ?..😳.. correction please , if someone believes women are equal to men and should be judged by their own merit while rejecting different standards based on gender that affects women - then they are a feminist...there is a difference , if you really wanna c it.. 🤓
Edited by Quixotic5 - 9 years ago