Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

I recently watched it for the first time. Very sweet movie. A rare film that is realistic and natural. Captured middle class life in India perfectly. Yes, I admit the pace is slow. If you get past the pace, this is a great feel good family film.

.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Nice film, but very slow paced. Would've been far better at 90-100 minutes of run time.  Edited by Humsafar. - 9 years ago
A_la_mode thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yeah i loved this movie. Neetu & Rishi were excellent & the story is very simple, real. 
atominis thumbnail
This and Khosla ka ghosla are the most authentic films on urban middle class in recent times.
This is such a sweet and happy film!

Yes everything was real. Especially getting non veg dishes if relatives come to visit, trying for KBC and other contests, lucky draws to win something. Keeping money in small places around the house. 

Rishi Kapoor reminded me of a relative I had...

Home was also authentic. Those shelves, the TV and fridge covered with sheets. Lot of fridge magnets etc. Loud neighbours, relatives who just judge price of your dress and jewellery at a wedding. 

In a true sense a slice of life film.๐Ÿ‘

Among the few films you can watch anytime with family. I love it!
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Do Dhooni Chaar is such a heartwarming film..Its Rishi's best performance IMO..On that note, where the hell did this Habib Faisal go? None of his films post DDC have managed to match its brilliance..I expected a lot more from him after watching Do Dooni Char tbh..
HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Do Dhooni Chaar is such a heartwarming film..Its Rishi's best performance IMO..On that note, where the hell did this Habib Faisal go? None of his films post DDC have managed to match its brilliance..I expected a lot more from him after watching Do Dooni Char tbh..

I think he only made Ishaqzaade after this? What other films did he make?

The problem I had with Ishaqzaade was that there was no emotional connect. Like colourful plastic flowers, which were beautiful to look at, but had no smell (emotions).
rogerrocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: OrganizedChaos

I think he only made Ishaqzaade after this? What other films did he make?

The problem I had with Ishaqzaade was that there was no emotional connect. Like colourful plastic flowers, which were beautiful to look at, but had no smell (emotions).

Yeah i think he only wrote for BBB, LVRB & Bewakoofiyan post that..He is directing DEI right?
HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Yeah i think he only wrote for BBB, LVRB & Bewakoofiyan post that..He is directing DEI right?

Yes. I liked almost all of them. Didn't really care for Bewakoofiyan. Is it that bad?
DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
It was a brilliant movie indeed! Watched it umpteen times...
rogerrocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: OrganizedChaos

Yes. I liked almost all of them. Didn't really care for Bewakoofiyan. Is it that bad?

No idea..I din like the trailer so i din bother to watch it ๐Ÿ˜†