Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
The thing is someone has to take the unitive to create the thread. So much hard work, commitment, team work, and dedication goes behind the scenes of these threads. Why did you see a Paryushan thread for the first time? Because I wanted to create it knowing that there are not many Jains that I know on IF. But just thought it was something new and a thread that hasn't been created before by the CC team, probably because no one knows about it. So my point is that someone has to step up and take the initial step/initiative. I had to quit the team because it was a bit too time consuming for me. But I love making these types of creative threads and it was fun being a part of the team, working with amazing individuals, and leaning something new about India everyday.

About the sports... If you want I'll create a Sania Mirza thread...it all comes back down to taking the first initiative and interest level.
Well I was going through the entire thread and there are some good points that we would certainly take it up.

a) However some of the claims that NRIs dominates here is overstretched cause as per the latest analytics data we get more than 60% traffic just from India. And with the increase in India's Internet penetration we expect that to go further up.

b) We welcome suggestions on how we can balance the site traffic which is at times worrying cause over 80% of our visitors are Females. As per me guys like more of Sports / Tech / Reality Shows and if we can improve that on the site may be that would work better.

c) People like India-Forums because its a balanced platform and it does not encourage hate / abusive posts against any caste / community / country. Everyone is welcome who wish to participate in discussions or share their views in a socially acceptable manner adhering to our site policies.

d) Honestly speaking it never crossed my mind when we placed a few popular English shows above the Indian shows and it is in no way an indication of any assumed biases. It just happened that on our layout we could accommodate it in next to other General Forums. It was more like a quick fix.

e) People can be critical about certain policies like the recent one on Net Neutrality or a Ban on Beef in Maharashtra but a broad generalisations is not encouraged. 

f) If there is an issue which is not being handled at Viewbie / Moderator level please get in touch with the Channel Moderator / Global Moderators.

Regards,
Vijay
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Thank you, Vijay ji! Handling a site certainly ain't an easy task, so kudos to you and your team!
atominis thumbnail
Thank you admin.😊
I understand it's not easy to handle such a large site but it would be nice if some changes were made and member concerns taken into account. 

I do not know if there are less Indians but the massive deluge of hateful and ignorant comments made me wonder if there was lack of actual ones from India? I might be mistaken but there are reasons I felt this way.

The policy of generalisations might not be encouraged but it happens. A lot. And goes on unabated. 

I am not at all against debating issues on India, even questioning and criticising. But there is a difference between critcism, query and outright bashing and gross generalisations. That happes a lot which definitely should be dealt with strictly. 

Mostly we get mocked instead and are made to leave. One member I know, felt so demoralised that she wants a self ban now and wants to leave the site, just because her views were mocked so harshly. A basic norm should be there for debating any issue but with respect.

Though I will make sure to contact higher level mods from now on if usual reports don't help.

The sections like Punjabi channel, Mytho channel are not as obviously highlighted as foreign sections. Hence that comment. 

I thank you for response. And hope our suggestions and concerns will be at least looked at. 

I have nothing against IF. Or users of any nationality or gender. Infact it's an addiction of sorts and it's only hoped to see it better. Just request for a basic decorum and more variety. That's all.

Thank you again.
Edited by atominis - 9 years ago
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

The thing is someone has to take the unitive to create the thread. So much hard work, commitment, team work, and dedication goes behind the scenes of these threads. Why did you see a Paryushan thread for the first time? Because I wanted to create it knowing that there are not many Jains that I know on IF. But just thought it was something new and a thread that hasn't been created before by the CC team, probably because no one knows about it. So my point is that someone has to step up and take the initial step/initiative. I had to quit the team because it was a bit too time consuming for me. But I love making these types of creative threads and it was fun being a part of the team, working with amazing individuals, and leaning something new about India everyday.

About the sports... If you want I'll create a Sania Mirza thread...it all comes back down to taking the first initiative and interest level.

So people should take interest in India related stuff no?

I appreciate the initiative of those who do. Infact it was nice to see threads on deaths of Indian artistes like Rajesh Khanna and Sadashiv Amrapurkar being GAed and not just threads on Hollywood stars alone.

It is not about me wanting a thread on Saina and Sania being #1. It was an example of how Indian milestones can be highlighted.

If anyone wants to create such a thread, then good. But I just talked of it as example.  Not that I am listing specific threads I want made.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
^ sure people should take interest in things related to india. But you or I can't force anyone to take that interest. Many people are lazy to create threads that are long and time-consuming. If you're passionate about something, then create the thread and request it to be GAed. I assure you, if the thread is appropriate it will be GAed. The CC team can't create all the threads. Sometimes we can too. GA threads have limitations too. Not every thread can be GAed. But my whole point is that threads can be created by anybody. It's not restricted to certain people. If you want a Sania Mirza thread, YOU create it. YOU take some effort and time to do so. I'm sure people will respond. Someone has to make the move.
atominis thumbnail
Those on "India" Forums have no interest in India?

Anyway, I didn't know anyone can create a thread and request it GAed.

I lack knowledge on embellishing such threads. So I stay back. Even celeb birthday thread I made till now was quite rudimentary. I am new to such things. I can write but graphics and all, I lack knowledge on these.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
^ The Crazy Creative team usually takes care of all the major festival threads. The lesser known ones, like Paryushan, are not made because no one knows about it. But if a non-CC member knows about a festival than they can create it and request it to be GAed. You just want to be sure that no threads are duplicated cause then your hard work goes in vain.

Celebrity birthday threads, natural disaster threads, etc that you see GAed are mostly always made by non CC members. All you have to do is request them to be GAed. If they cannot be GAed you'll be given a reason as to why not.

Every thread doesn't always need graphics. Build a team. Collaborate. Work together. Don't show laziness. Educate those who don't know much about India.
atominis thumbnail
I always try to educate in any way I can.

I don't know who is good with graphics.

But yeah if we can make threads then good.

Not lazy, just that I didn't know the rules and technicality behind it.

For eg, if I had to make a thread on Ambedkar Jayanti then in which section it would be made? I don't know about permissible sections either.

This is first time I learnt anyone can make a thread! I thought ordinary users can only make birthday threads.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
^ There are many people who are good at graphics. Just check out the 'Avatar and Signature Shop' section of IF.

If you're unsure of which section to make a topic in, make it in the most appropriate section that you believe. If all else fails, make it in the 'Chat Club' section. If the moderation team of that section thinks it needs to be moved then they will inform you and move it. Or they'll just move it.

Of course anyone can make a thread. It would be highly unfair if only a certain group of members could make a thread. The only thing you must remember is that a) you don't want any duplicate threads. So if you have any doubts, talk to a member of the CC team to make sure they don't already have a thread planned out b) remember that not all threads can be GAed. For example I made a congratulatory post for India coming to the semi-finals. But unfortunately that thread couldn't be GAed because then it would unfair to other teams that made it to the semi-finals and their threads did not get GAed. So remember there are limitations. But talk to a GM and they'll get your thread GAed if appropriate. :-)