Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The admin has said more than 60% traffic is from India.

What about exact detail of registered members who log in and post? How many registered members are from India compared to registered members from other countries?

atominis thumbnail
Since another topic was locked, please lock this one too.

We can distinguish between satire and outright bashing.

We posted links of topics and posts as proof of blatant bashing. It was bashing and not genuine criticism. And mods had never taken action on those. Yet admin gave us example saying all things are not anti India etc.

I must say I am on IF since 4-5 years now and have never complained. I and others have nothing against IF. But inaction on generalisations and regular bashers is not fair.

Being moderator is not easy, I know. But it is questionable if threads on celebs get acted upon but threads clearly bashing a whole populace go on. Now there are threads satirising Indian English or debating justice system, no one objects to such threads. It is perfectly fine to debate, satirise etc.

But we are educated, experienced and mature enough to recognise outright hate!

Is it too much to ask for a basic respectable decorum to be maintained in a forum?

If it is then please delete my account and that of others in that thread as well.

I am sorry if I bothered the team. Kindly ban me then.

Originally posted by: atominis

Since another topic was locked, please lock this one too.

We can distinguish between satire and outright bashing.

We posted links of topics and posts as proof of blatant bashing. It was bashing and not genuine criticism. And mods had never taken action on those. Yet admin gave us example saying all things are not anti India etc.

I must say I am on IF since 4-5 years now and have never complained. I and others have nothing against IF. But inaction on generalisations and regular bashers is not fair.

Being moderator is not easy, I know. But it is questionable if threads on celebs get acted upon but threads clearly bashing a whole populace go on. Now there are threads satirising Indian English or debating justice system, no one objects to such threads. It is perfectly fine to debate, satirise etc.

But we are educated, experienced and mature enough to recognise outright hate!

Is it too much to ask for a basic respectable decorum to be maintained in a forum?

If it is then please delete my account and that of others in that thread as well.

I am sorry if I bothered the team. Kindly ban me then.

Dear atominis,

As mentioned in my earlier 2 posts that sometimes we may have missed as its not possible to moderate all the posts and as a member one can always report the post. If the moderators are not active one can always connect to the Channel Mod and GMs through PMs and we can always address the issue. 

I don't think anyone in both the topics disagreed "that basic respectable decorum to be maintained" and that is what our site's Code of Conduct says.

Peace. (I hope this matter ends here 😊)

Regards