Blast from the Past Thread #26 ** Talk to me ** P 132, Ep 299 - Page 116

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

nandkissore, aur kisske aankhon ke barey mein, aap hi ke... ya phir mere? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† okay, i am serious puddle at seeing my oily haired boy do that number with his eyes and smile, staring at possibly a solid hefty bearded camera assistant or something.

loved the scene.

delighted you love. and watch with love.

song is again atif aslam, he has some really lovely floaty, ruminative numbers... this one is from his debut film bol i think. composed it himself. i feel mohit chauhan and atif aslam both are very barun.

i chose the gana for its beat and soft feel.. then realised the words do fit rather well... khabon ki dor toote na yaar.
hona tha pyaar... hua mere yaar.

I was only referring to HIS eyes... as the whole vm is centered around when he was looking at her in pure delight/ wonder..😊

Yes why wouldn't any one take care of that oily hair/ face.. that's when exactly it feels as if some one went  to Lord Shiva and asked for a self demotion...πŸ˜•

forgot to ask from your 296 epi analysis above, from that Indra story what is the name of that prince and princess born out of curse.. trying to see if I know that story..
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">nandkissore, aur kisske aankhon ke barey mein, aap hi ke... ya phir mere? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† okay, i am serious puddle at seeing my oily haired boy do that number with his eyes and smile, staring at possibly a solid hefty bearded camera assistant or something.

loved the scene.

delighted you love. and watch with love.

song is again atif aslam, he has some really lovely floaty, ruminative numbers... this one is from his debut film bol i think. composed it himself. i feel mohit chauhan and atif aslam both are very barun.</font><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">

i chose the gana for its beat and soft feel.. then realised the words do fit rather well... khabon ki dor toote na yaar.</font><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2"> hona tha pyaar... hua mere yaar.</font>

I know you like Atif. I saw him in concert once along with Shaan. This was the time when the song "tera hone laga hoon" was really big and he started off singing that. All the young things were screaming and swooning and what not! πŸ˜† My parents were there and my dad who I don't think had heard of atif before that, said later on "I like that Atif fellow a lot, better than shaan". The next few days he went around humming tera hone laga hoon! πŸ˜†
He's sung some lovely songs. I think both him and mohit chauhan have a certain quality to their voices which is very appealing.
bhavis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Indi, Indu and Kizh- Are you guys living out of India or are just night anglesπŸ˜•
because you guys discuss it when me here workingπŸ˜›
Edited by BHAVII - 9 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BHAVII

Indi, Indu and Kizh- Are you guys living out of India or are just night anglesπŸ˜•

because you guys discuss it when me here workingπŸ˜›

All of us are outside India, but its well past the witching hour for Indi di!
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

I was only referring to HIS eyes... as the whole vm is centered around when he was looking at her in pure delight/ wonder..😊

Yes why wouldn't any one take care of that oily hair/ face.. that's when exactly it feels as if some one went  to Lord Shiva and asked for a self demotion...πŸ˜•

forgot to ask from your 296 epi analysis above, from that Indra story what is the name of that prince and princess born out of curse.. trying to see if I know that story..

oh it was all in his eyes... so much in it...

i will always miss this acting.

okay, shapmochan... aruneshwar and kamalika were there names in their mortal existence. i am posting the version which has hemanta and suchitra mitra, possibly the two most popular rabindrasangeet artists ever and extremely talented, of course. my fave are debabrata biswas... and kanika banerjee, but i am not an avid listener.

do listen, if you wish too. i had forgotten, indrani gave them a hard time too he he.

kazi sabyasachi, kazi nazrul islam's son is the narrator... love his voice.

most importantly: a fairly pedestrain dance drama with obese dancers is on, i couldn't watch it... love some of the songs... wish i could get you a translation.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQeFfFKOGo[/YOUTUBE]
credit: uploader

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

I know you like Atif. I saw him in concert once along with Shaan. This was the time when the song "tera hone laga hoon" was really big and he started off singing that. All the young things were screaming and swooning and what not! πŸ˜† My parents were there and my dad who I don't think had heard of atif before that, said later on "I like that Atif fellow a lot, better than shaan". The next few days he went around humming tera hone laga hoon! πŸ˜†
He's sung some lovely songs. I think both him and mohit chauhan have a certain quality to their voices which is very appealing.

I know all of you like Atif aslam and Mohit chauhan. These days I seem to like only songs not any singers per se. When he initially came, I didn't like atif aslam at all. 😊 thought he sang 10 besurs in one line.. 😊 later came to know he has a very specialized technique with his vocal chords, called vocal belting, perhaps the style I didn't understand or appreciate much that made me hear besurs in his ganaas..πŸ˜ƒ

but the emotion in his voice is unequivocal. all most all his songs are replete with that.. and are thus lovable..both he and mohit C have very contemporary voices and styles..

glad you could go to see/ hear him  Kizh. and that your father liked him too.

Indi, thanks for that video link. will watch..

Aruneshwar and kamalika ...haven't heard...I don't know this story

Edited by Horizon - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

so cute... your dad walking around singing tera hone laga hoon. i stumbled upon atif aslam by chance when i fell for a song... bakhuda tumhi ho. one evening after hearing it about fifty times, i checked the singer's name and there was this unfamiliar one. started looking for his songs and couldn't get over the voice. i don't know each and every song of his, but evey once in away i get stuck on one of them and nowe my phone is full of him... his coke studio stuff is wonderful as ar many of hs own songs. when i liked bairiya, again no idea he had sung it.

i feel he has range and can sing practically anything.

love his gulabi ankhen, just strumming a guitar and fooling around with the sound.

your dad is so right about that "atif fellow".

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

I know all of you like Atif aslam and Mohit chauhan. These days I seem to like only songs not any singers per se. When he initially came, I didn't like atif aslam at all. 😊 thought he sang 10 besurs in one line.. 😊 later came to know he has a very specialized technique with his vocal chords, called vocal belting, perhaps the style I didn't understand or appreciate much that made me hear besurs in his ganaas..πŸ˜ƒ

but the emotion in his voice is unequivocal. all most all his songs are replete with that.. and are thus lovable..both he and mohit C have very contemporary voices and styles..

glad you could go to see/ hear him  Kizh. and that your father liked him too.

Indi, thanks for that video link. will watch..

Aruneshwar and kamalika ...haven't heard...I don't know this story

hi indu,

oh half the time i have no idea who is singing a song i like... in fact after istarted searching for mohit c songs when barun mentioned him, i realised i had heard many of them and never known the singer's name. i too like ganas. atif does sound a little off key at times, but i sort of like it... now you mention this technique.

the tagore dance dramas were perhaps not based on well known stories but used familiar settings and character types to tell a tale of love and more. i have heard most of them several times as a child, both my parents being very fond of his songs, especially my mother and also seem those dance dramas again and again.

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

episode 296

some things have a sense of intense familiarity. as though already recorded in your memory. you have been there before, the story in front of your eyes is overlapping with a story within you.

295 and 296 took me to that feeling. love's many faces, not always pretty, love's irrational injustice, love's sweet compelling call, love's supremacy... yes, as la had said, pyaar sabse bada hota hai... it has a hold and a healing in it, it sparks and ignites ultimately, past all the tum yahan aayi hi kyun, main tum se mila hi kyun, it's the biggest mistake of my life, etc., ones very dhadkane.

filmi i may sound, but there is a power there that supercedes all. and in submitting to that... such perfect syncing with life. saansey.

everything he said when he left was wrong, especially the barb about shyam... unpardonable really.

yet, all of that was wrapped around that feeling that has come to stay in him.

and she was badly terribly hurt. shocked, insulted, anguished. for days everything had  been in turmoil in their lives. but there had been the joy of finding each other. loving each other. trusting each other. now this.

i felt her heart break. i felt her intense agony.

and i felt his heart break too and his intense pain.

he had done wrong by saying what he did.

she was behaving not rationally by threatening to leave. she has told us about the sanctity of marriage so memorably. would she leave him because he said unpardonable things... or maybe his lashing out reminded her of the many others ever since the night of the terrace.

a marriage, though, is really forever, the way khushi read it and it is beyond forever the way asr loved her...

this was just the hell of living in reality and being human.

i often think of tagore's shapmochan when i see their dance of anguish.

in the court of indra, it seems, the court musician was in love with the dancer and lost his concentration. indra banished them to earth and said they would meet there again and give each other extreme pain, utter agony and yet love each other... in that will be their redemption...

jao mortey, shekhane dukha paabe, dukkha debe, shei... hobey prayashchitta.

snatches of the oft heard lines come back. i used to thrill to that story. he is born truly ugly but a prince and a great player of the veena. she is a beautiful girl,  a princess i think... they have an arranged marriage where he sends only his veena, not a picture. he has fallen in love with her... when she sees him, there is rejection, terrible hurting... and yet in the end, everything resolves itself and love enters the heart... the redemption is done... shapmochan means the erasing of the curse.

even at seven, eight and nine i could feel the pure power of the tale. and perhaps it was a great allegory of life as it's lived where we often wonder about pain and why it is there at all. more importantly it's a delve into the nature of love.

hurt is resident in it i think.

awful egregious hurt even.

must go through fire to find its complete caratage, all 24 of it.

she sat packing her clothes, a tiny forlorn creature on the bed with a little bag. he burst into the room. he knew he had erred terribly. he knew this would not be easy to set right. asr's need for his lover, his woman, his pagal, his chamkili was written all over him and filled every space available.

but she, today passive in her aggression, had erected a cold inert space around her... she had hurt so much, her heart almost closed and it was with rational arguments, even though with tears flowing down her cheek, she blocked his entry into her world.

to his desperate what are you doing... to his pleading you can't go, i won't let you... she gave him such difficult to fight answers.

he was tired, he was drained, he said he had not meant to say those things... he looked so wan, and said, don't do this, not today.

khushi persisted. too badly stung to reconcile, to resolve the pain.

every time she insisted, he grew more desperate. when she said she couldn't bear to hurt anyone, especially him... a world of wretched sad loving passed between two sets of eyes.

sometimes things do get so bad... so quickly.

and no matter what you try... nothing returns to sanity.

arnav singh raizada has never pleaded with anyone to stay back. he has never really sought any joy for himself ever since he has seen his mother die and his own betray him. a dark wall closes around his heart. he wants happiness for his di... even his family. but himself?

but now a shining warm crazy girl with innocent eyes and passionate giving love who pours mango juice in his shoes has thawed the cold, leapt right in with light. in the abyss of an ocean she has spotted a pearl and released it. it shines, it refuses to let darkness gain momentum, it gleams... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

and it makes him want to be happy. makes him want something for himself even. makes him want to live. this quiet sad girl with her black canvas bag, packing her stuff. he can't let her go.

main tumhare bina...

he starts saying what he knows to be true now... without you, i can't...

but she won't let him finish such sentences... that might be her undoing.

wonderful direction by arshad khan. a palpable, dense, tense, moment between lovers, both just saying i love you so much, in the middle of all the nasty words and i will leave you. somehow asr's need comes across more. khushi is doing to my mind what many women have done before in a patriarchal set up where women struggle in there own way, she's closed her emotions, toned down her feelings as much as possible and with her bruised dignity is "managing" this whole thing... mainly her agony, that bereft feeling within.

main tumhare bina...

she cuts in but my stomach has already felt his yielding crying need.

humse bardasht nahin hota, arnav ji
i can't bear it, arnav ji...

what is in those eyes of his. how much can a man need a woman.

ki hamari vajah se di taqleef mein hai...
that because of me di is in pain...

the eyes seem to change and say what! what about... and he says aloud the words.

aur main...
and me?

two little words... what about me... a man's need to be loved, to matter, to not be abandoned... not again. he has never asked for anything for himself... today and only with her, he does.

khushi has perhaps brought down the last of those walls. he can again want happiness and speak of his personal need. he doesn't have to be strong man, i can handle it all, he can be vulnerable... that is her gift to him almost.

i can never express the sheer beauty of this moment...

but khushi was too hurt to hear.

and at last, he had to turn to his old friend, his habitual response pattern, anger, to manage the moment.

the contract came up. she was even more hurt. shocked really. after all that they'd been through... how could he... yes, he is a beast indeed... no prince, he.

which again said to me, to khushi the marriage was real now and not a mere contract for six months. in which case, leaving home as first option after your husband has hurt you may not be the best one. but today everything is meant to go haywire... a day of emotions out of control and loving through hurting.

he took all the name calling, he pretended he didn't care, though he did turn away from her as he threatened dire things. and when she had left the room... words pored through him.

sorry mujhe yeh sab kehna pada khushi, lekin tumhe main kaise jaane de sakta hoon...
sorry i had to do this, khushi, but how can i let you go...

oh the voice. that break in it, the stress on tumhe, the lost feeling.

but iss contract ke poora hone se pehle main tumhe wapas paa loonga... but before the end of the contract, i'll get you back. look at that acting.

later when she stood sad by the pool and spoke to the stars, he remembered of course that very first time she had told him about her conversation with the stars, healed him... tears seem not far away and both their minds go to the moment that tied them... for six months and for eternity. their wedding. the threats, the signs of lifelong commitment... mangalsutra, sindoor, not just anger and violence.

i am sorry, khushi, mujhe maaf kar do, maine tumhe itna dukh pahunchaya hai, but i will bring you back
tumhe wapas jeetke rahunga
aur apne zindagi ka hissa banoonga hamesha hamesha ke liye.

i am sorry, khushi, forgive me, i've hurt you so much, but i will bring you back, i will win you back and make you apart of my life forever and ever.

i am looking at a doer. a man who would make his destiny, if he has botched it, he will set it right. i have loved this essence of a man taking charge and responsibility of his own life in this character. he makes me ponder free will. why we have it... what are we to do with it... what is our say in our life, what is from somewhere else.

in the morning, the cutest of mistakes. in one simple sentence we know who has become really and truly important. when he finds khushi missing, instantly a fear, a worry... rushes around then walks into di's room and without thinking...

di, aapne khushi ko dekha kya?

di, have you seen khushi?

sabse important baat has a way of finding its way and coming to light.

just two things about the new chapter of khushi's birthday now opening. only ms irani can look so pretty and jhalli in that ghastly pink blue velvet monstrosity. and when he walked in, he was, for once, not looking his usual handsome self... a bit haggard, hair oily, skin dank. but the eyes burned. and i was happy to know, it was not just his good looks that got me. actually, he has been looking a little tired, face puffy since his return.

khushi is trying to be happy, and so, acting corny. she has told nothing to her family.

how dare you, khushi... man is here.

jab main tumse baat kar raha hoon toh meri taraf... when i'm talking to you then look at...

he was beginning to lose his cool again. disproportionate anger, uff i wish they had delved into this trait. why when where how of it.

bua ji's revelation has him in shock. then she lands him in a mess: didn't bring a gift?

and again talk starts between two sets of eyes.
you didn't tell me...
why should i ? you hurt me so much.

but 296 was really about the need in a lonely, tough man, who can't do without the love of his life any more. and its most telling moment... aur main?

for months, a song has said asr to me... i didn't even get all the words, what they said or meant, but it was asr.  i felt it land perfectly on the two words. made a vm, do take a look.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoNrnd_6g4&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

mohit chauhan and priya panchal sing, rapping is by tanvi shah and dean sequiera.
music is by sachin-jigar and bezubaan is written by mayur puri.

hai jo lahu mera, behta chala
my blood, it just kept flowing
dekho junoon mera, kehta chala
look at my madness (obsession), it kept saying
khaabon ka tha makaan jo dehta chala
it was a house of dreams that kept falling

bezubaan kab se main raha
i have been without a say (tongue) for so long
begunaah sehta main rahaa
innocent (without committing a sin) i've endured so long

no pains, no fear, no shouts, no beers
i wanna make my life peaceful and cheer
me, you, who wanna live here
so just let me breathe

khwab ka tere qissa hoon

i am a chapter in your dream
tera hi toh main hissa hoon
i am part of you really
mujhko na kar yun juda
don't make me separate from you

can anybody tell on me?
no! no!
you better not stop me
you better not flop me
from who i wanna be
it's my destiny
don't mr. stinner
here comes the winner
play on the bass up in the race

no pains, no fear, no shouts, no beers
i wanna make my life peaceful and cheer
me, you, who wanna live here
so just let me breathe

ka ka boom... ka ka boom... ka ka boom
ho...ya!

meri jagah teri nigaahon mein
my place is in your gaze
ho na ho main chala un raahon mein
there or not, i walk those paths
jo ladkhada gaya kahin
if i stumble somewhere
toh aaoge tum hi toh
then you're the one who'll come
thaamoge tum hi toh
you only shall hold me
phir berukhi... kyun hai mujhse
then why this indiffrence to me
kyun aise bhala ho mujhse khafa
why are you angry with me like this

i edited the song and the sequence varies.

Wonderful is your analysis, always enthralls me.

So painful was his words, how could she absolve so easily! She couldn't. But not for the words only she actually wanted to leave because of the suffocating atmosphere of the house. She just couldn't see him hurt any more. Anjali couldn't stand her, nani put an restraint on her not to come in front of Anjali. Moreover without listening to her side Arnav accused her for nothing. Arnav's priority was always his di, but he still didn't realize that Khushi also became his priority. As you said, he couldn't live without her. and this is called true love. 

When a husband and wife fight . a wife first thinks to leave the house in the spur of the moment. But as you said Arnav just couldn't think his life without Khushi. he can't let her stay away from him just for a day. You are right, he never pleaded anybody to stay back. When Lavanya left, he didn't bother to get her back, unless Khushi compelled him. But he never could let go Khushi, even when he hated her. 

Aur mai... this two words signified a lot. Khushi knew what he meant and what he wanted. She deliberately didn't let him complete. Because she was angry. abhiman is the most appropriate word. How could he say those words to her! 

I didn't know that the scene was directed by Arshad. he is fabulous and obviously the actors executed it with sheer perfection. Uff Barun, how can a man can act so real! yes he was looking a bit tired and sick. But he recouped soon, you will notice the drastic change from 299th episode. as I've been watching the remarriage track in the rerun, I can see the difference. We all say he looked best in Diwali, but during the remarriage time, he looked the best and really fresh. Sometimes he looks so hot that I really start to drool.😳

loved the metaphor of pearl. she is the pristine pearl to illuminate his life, how could he let her go so easily!

I love Tagore, shapmochan is the story you mentioned right! does it have an english version. i can't read bengali.

thanks for the lyrics of the song with the english translation. Beautiful song!
indi52 thumbnail
hi sohara,

thanks for your comments on 296. it was a crazy night... but it felt real. one can question the right and wrong of both sides, we all may have slightly or vastly different views on that but at one level we all identified so strongly with the moment, for i think writers and actors, directors had instinctively picked a very real situation and gone into it completely. it was palpable and almost anyone watching who had ever been in love would have gone through moments similar; echoes within pick up the sounds that feel familiar.

see, i must confess... to me barun in all his different phases, with or without short sides and back hair cut, tired, fresh, young, looking older, hair perfectly gelled or lank and flying, in suit, vest, tee, whatever, just looked beautiful. i use that word because within it is handsome, sexy, hotwa, gorgeous, uff, everything. i find something about him almost transcends his mere physicality.

er, did i say mere? that too with barun's physicality? i die. his physical appeal, his natural elegance, that energy which is quite like no one else's and yes the lopsided lips laughing madly goofioness... all of it is wondrous. but there is something more there. the eyes have it in them... the very feel of the guy has it...  makes him beautiful to me.

you have said before and shown us exactly how fresh and fab he is in the remarriage days, and oh yes 299 onward, again a more relaxed barun... he looks sexy, and will challenge hormones merrily in the coming episodes.

but even now, he just is too good.

i loved ipk for the entire understanding of attraction and romance... the going deeper and showing how different loves have their own stakes and can be a challenge to manage... i also loved ipk for understanding just because there was love, didn't mean there was constant harmony. in fact, because there was love, harmony could in seconds vamoose and gussa jhagada, abhimaan start. that too is a valid phase of loving and a clear sign of pyaar. and it always said, the attraction is beyond  the realm of the rational... making up also is... lovers have a keen abiding need for each other... that speaks louder than right or wrong... and in the end that love asserts itself...

loving can be a most interesting thing. makes us think and act in ways we'd never have thought we could. i really liked that bit in the asr khushi pyaar.  
Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago