Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tvbuf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Good post - very subtly written.

I had to read it a few times to get the gist.

I never bashed Paro, but I know many could never identify with her. I have several people in my family who are seas of calmness and peace and love, so I absolutely loved her character.

At the same time, this forum is comprised of youngsters who say the 1st thing that comes to their minds, and don't always think deeply.  Why is so much weight given to what teenagers are writing in this forum ?

So you are saying Paro was killed off due to the response seen on IF ? 

We are so addicted to off-screen masti bytes that we never matured as an audience to appreciate an off-beat character.

What did the PH hang onto every word being written in this forum ?

I don't think Paro's sanctity was violated. Shantanu did not eye her that way in my opinion, and her condition at the end did not seem as if she has been violated.  Unless you're a member of the creative team and are telling me that she was vioated, I cannot believe it. And why did Shantanu not make an attempt to tell Rudra that he did it ?

And if she had, shame on PH for not giving it even 1 sec's attention.

Why the rush through everything ? Wed SR, Fri pregnancy discovered, Mon gode-bharai, delivery, and 1 month passes with new baby, and Tue death. 

What the heck is wrong ?
SZBR thumbnail

Originally posted by: poppy2009

My two cents, even though I am not a regular viewer of RR, having started to watch it just three days back on the Net. But I have seen some part of IPKKND, so am familiar with Sanaya's work and also with the kind of fandom she has.

While there is no doubt that she is a huge telly star and has a massive fan following, the fact is that television does not work like hindi films. Salman Khan is also a huge star and has a massive fan following, who will make his film cross atleast a 100 crores in no time, no matter how good or bad his film is, no matter who his co-star is and no matter who the director is or what the storyline is!

But in a daily soap, multiple things have to take place at the same time for it to be a hit with the audience, for the show to generate maximum Trp's. And the star of the show is just one part of the whole process, no matter how popular he or she might be. Take for example, Ram Kapoor...when he did Basera on Sony TV, he was fresh out of the super success of Kasamh Se...everyone expected him to do wonders again and break TRP records...the show struggled to even complete 6 months and was a complete flop. But then he bounced back again with BALH...because everything worked this time. He got a great co-star, a good ensemble cast, a good storyline and the show came at a time slot, where it had weak competition.

Similarly, I highly doubt it was Sanaya's portryal in the show that forced the creatives to make such drastic changes to the script and the show! In a way, you are trying to say, that she is responsible for the show not getting enough TRP's, because she was not portrayed as her loyal fans wanted to see her as!

If that was the case, then why did her last show, Chan Chan not fare well? And that was when, she was fresh out of the success of IPKKND. She played a modern, bubbly girl in the show, isn't it?

Sanaya is absolutely wonderful as Paro, even in the few episodes that I have seen, she is mesmerizing in the role...yes, Ashish dominates the proceedings more, but that doesnt' take away what Sanaya brings to the table as Paro!

The show not doing well as expected and not raking enough TRP's has to do more with the timing of the show (pitted against long-running Star Plus shows)...9:30 is usually the time when families sit together to have dinner and watch the TV together...so most people are comfortable watching a show that has as few romantic scenes as possible and is as family oriented and general as possible, so that it appeals to all age groups.

RR is a very strong love story, with many passionate elements...clearly not a show targetted towards families. If it was placed at 10:30 or even 11...I can bet it would have done far, far better than it is doing now!

The creatives and the channel have made the mistake in positioning the show correctly and are now trying to make changes to the script to try and justify their mistake and salvage the show! Maybe they should have kept the original storyline and just tried changing the time-slot...far easier and probably more effective!

Chan chan did not fly for poor story line and again I (we) the fanatics were in hang over with Sanaya's pairing with Barun.

Yes, the creatives should have maintained the original score of show. Positioning it too a more appropraite time would have been another strategy but I (we) the fanatics are also responsible.

Sanaya did more than 100% and absolutely justified in Paro's characterization but you need to look around various online platforms to see in the last six months what kind of commens were thrown ...
SZBR thumbnail

Originally posted by: tvbuf

Good post - very subtly written.

I had to read it a few times to get the gist.

I never bashed Paro, but I know many could never identify with her. I have several people in my family who are seas of calmness and peace and love, so I absolutely loved her character.

At the same time, this forum is comprised of youngsters who say the 1st thing that comes to their minds, and don't always think deeply.  Why is so much weight given to what teenagers are writing in this forum ?

So you are saying Paro was killed off due to the response seen on IF ? 

We are so addicted to off-screen masti bytes that we never matured as an audience to appreciate an off-beat character.

What did the PH hang onto every word being written in this forum ?

I don't think Paro's sanctity was violated. Shantanu did not eye her that way in my opinion, and her condition at the end did not seem as if she has been violated.  Unless you're a member of the creative team and are telling me that she was vioated, I cannot believe it. And why did Shantanu not make an attempt to tell Rudra that he did it ?

And if she had, shame on PH for not giving it even 1 sec's attention.

Why the rush through everything ? Wed SR, Fri pregnancy discovered, Mon gode-bharai, delivery, and 1 month passes with new baby, and Tue death. 

What the heck is wrong ?

A dying person is tortured when the person is touched (it does not need to be sextually) - in a 22 minutes episode we get a lot yesterday and Shantonu clearly said to Rudra about the blood - how did he get the blood unless he used a knife or such? Read my lines and close your eyes then remember each word to portray what was happening.

Fanatics are always small portion but very vocal portion so they played a role - we should have supported RR and Paro without raising non-sense points ...
kalin56 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Dear poster, you shouldn't be so harsh on yourself but kudos to your thoughtful and candid acknowledgement of some of the things that have been done in last 7 months with respect to RR online. 
This is the onlyhindi show I watch but I made a point of watching both the actors prior shows online once I knew about them.I had joined the forum midway through the series to basically see the creative gallery but most comments were of the nature you describe. There was always something the show creators were doing wrong that was highlighted on this forum or others be it pairing the great sanaya with lowly ashish when barun was the only worthy coactor, making her simple when she could be glad doll, bombarding ashish and his wife's twitter just coz they have an account, s and b don't have one, blaming episodes on ashish in jdj etc etc. The CVS were grasping at straws,and some were available to them online since their feedback frm their tweet audiences and online audi to help popularity was a way of masking their incompetence at times as well, and everyone speculating about trps when not many knew the exact reasons why things were happening in terms of rating. 
Honestly the story line was not targeted for that mature regular colors audience that watches other rajasthani shows with traditional story lines. For the spouses and family of border officers who may have related to the plot  at a point the story lines lost track. 
So kudos for your acknowledgment and courage for calling a spade a spade.Hope you stay a fan always and enjoy future works by these talented artists. 
I do want to give a high five to all the positive and neutral posters over the months who have expressed their creativity in various ways and made RR a unique beautiful lovable show. I am a busy professional with 3 distinct passionate parallel careers and can only afford 30 min to tv and I still choose RR and the only show to watch mainly for the wonderful acting. 
I enjoy these wonderful young actors and wish them the best in their careers. 

Edited by kalin56 - 9 years ago
Erika1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I did not read your post as it is too long. But read your topic, so will comment on that, you are not important nor significant to bring about such a drastic change. You are just a small fish in a big ocean. We all are, we are. So if you really think this is true, stop thinking so. 😕😆

hanan72 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Ihad read your post twice for that I understand your point of view unambiguously

RR is my second Indian series that I watch online for SI, the first time I didn't understand the system and why the TRP could not reach the threshold.

Then I realized that the story created was not suitable for the conservative Indian family with these specific values. It was a novelty to have a sensual passion passed on tv. A threshold was reached 

1 - A mother who fled her home with her lover, abandoning her child is a sensitive issue which was unfortunately was badly treated. The public did not understand the marital status of Mala.

2 - The emancipation of Paro (daughter rural) to transmit its free thoughts and that she isn't afraid to express her sensuality with a mixture of shyness was also an obstacle. the young adults have easily was adept for this passion; by against moms and aunts have struggled to follow. Eg the June 20 episode couldn't be watched with family

3 - 1st time Paro was a crater outside to traditional Bahu, but because of low TRP,, the CV have changed the character of Paro  for to attract more audience and  the changes have been fatal for her

4 - As several people have already pointed out in the Forum that the interval of the presentation of the Show 9:30 Indian time was not fit for a show like RR

5 - The winning track Tejawet abandoned  I never understood why?

Finally, I liked the character of SI in Paro, I have zapped some episodes, but I said that SI has successfully her paris to play a totally different character.

I will not judge Myrah. I like to have concrete evidence before trial, patient

YellowBoots thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
You give yourself way too much credit.
SZBR thumbnail
After watching today's episode, am feeling proud that I wrote something so right that some fanatics are reacting. "I knew I was brainless, now I know I don't have a heart either" ...  
Bioinfo_Chaitu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Brilliant post 👏 i always said that i was never a very big fan of sanaya irani , but i liked her as khushi , gunjan and chanchan but i loved her as paro , paro was so dear to my heart that after they killed her the show RR ended for me , i love AS and i'll watch it for him , i liked myrah and i believe that am watching RR2 but RANGRASIYA is no more for me ...i now even have objection of them keeping the title , it just doesnt suit the current track , rangrasiya is very earthly and this modern look have nothing to do with it .
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
All I want to say is as a Sanaya supporter I would like to watch her work, enjoy it and if the content does not please me just abstain from watching and wait patiently for her next show. The last thing I want to do is become a hindrance or headache for her and her team by either wanting to restrict her work with one co-actor, or act in only one kind of shows or a particular kind of roles. By doing any of that I become a roadblock to her shows and ultimately, as you said, may kill her career in the long run.

She has earned her fame and name with her own hardwork and choices and none of us were part of it. I would in future too respect her intelligence and choices and refrain from harassing anyone and if fans (fanatics) have that much power in determining an actor's or show's fate then it is even more important to be prudent with that kind of influence.

That said as a viewer I too have a right to critique the content of shows and have my likes and dislikes. Finally, if the show or the direction it is taking does not please me I have all the power to switch off the TV or seek another form of entertainment at 9:30pm, leaving those who are liking the soap to enjoy it in peace. Everyone does not have to have same taste in shows or similar opinions. At the end of the day it a show to entertain people and bread and butter for the cast and crew.

RR is team work and is as much Ashish's show, Saurabh's show as it is Sanaya's and rest of the cast.
Edited by showviewer - 9 years ago