Simone Singh AT - New pics, AD + EHT reunion pg 88-90

Posted: 9 years ago

<div align="center"><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#660099">Actor, Model, Anchor, Emcee, Talk Show Host, Narrator, Beauty, Fashionista, Socialite, Style Icon, Columnist...Maverick...</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#660099">Many facets, One Woman...</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#660099"></font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#660099">Welcome to the Appreciation Thread for Simone Singh - the versatile actor who's made audience love her and loathe her in equal measure & who's managed to capture imagination of audience in any shade of roles she's portrayed be it the docile Heena or the steely Sakshi Goenka</font>.

</a>AT made with permission from lilindiangurl13
</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">Banner by .SmokeySilence.

<a href="http://www.glitter-graphics.com">
</div><div align="center"><font color="#CC0099">WHY THIS AT?</font></div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- Because many of us admire Simone Singh's portrayal of Sakshi Goenka. Her acting, nuances, dialogue delivery, voice modulation, style, expressions, body language, gait and the whole gravitas she brings to this character.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- Because Simone Singh is a reclusive star, not on any social networking sites and there is no way to reach her to convey appreciation to her. Hence this AT is a small token from us in appreciation for her work in Ek Hasina Thi (and beyond).</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- Because Simone is also a very choosy actor, hence our effort for appreciation of the work she is doing in her spectacular comeback after 7-8 years. It's a small introduction and insight into a talent and timeless beauty called Simone Singh.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- Because Sakshi Goenka is an intriguing character, full of layers, contradictions and while we love to hate her, we do get curious about her actions and we look forward to how Simone portrays the journey of this mysterious character.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- Because we aim to have a one stop source of sorts for everything Simone and a meeting place for all those who admire her work.

</div><div align="center"><font color="#660099">MEMBERSHIP:</font></div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- Send PM to AT Admin (atominis) with "Simone AT" in subject line if you wish to join. Only liking posts etc will not have your name added to Members' List.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- All issues related to membership should be discussed <font color="#FF3300">only via PM</font>. If you want to be removed from Members' list or have issues on being removed or not being added, discuss all that only via PM.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- Please DO NOT post in AT until and unless your name is added to Members' List.

- AT can be opened only by authorised members.

</div><div align="center"><font color="#FF0000">RULES:</font></div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- Follow IF COC.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- ONLY members listed in Members' List can post in the thread or like posts. Do NOT post if your name is not in Members' List. Please PM the AT Admin and wait for your name to be added before you start posting in the AT.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- <font color="#990000">If you do not like Simone Singh or her work & portrayal, and if you CANNOT separate her current onscreen character from her real self then KEEP AWAY from this thread. No haters allowed.</font></div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- No fighting.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- No abusive language against any member of this AT/forum, actor, character etc.
</div><div align="center">- Comparisons between actors or characters is NOT allowed in the AT.
</div><div align="center">- <font color="#0000FF">Given the kind of character that Simone plays in EHT, it is bound to elicit impassioned responses. Criticism is allowed but make sure to keep it constructive. Be careful with the words used.</font></div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- No bashing of Simone, other actors and characters. Bashing will result in warning.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- <font color="#CC0033">This is SIMONE SINGH APPRECIATION THREAD.</font> Not only a character AT. Hence discussion, sharing of information on Simone's work done beyond EHT presently/previously are allowed.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- Discussion about Simone's personal life is permitted but speculative gossip is strictly prohibited.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- Keep discussions centred around Simone. Do not discuss general aspects of EHT which do not relate to her, in this AT. Discussion on EHT is allowed as long as it somehow relates to Simone.
</div><div align="center">- General as well as satirical analysis, discussion and feedback on show and other characters/actors should be kept out of this AT and posted separately on main forum.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- DO NOT bring issues of main forum, external websites, FCs/CCs or other sections of IF etc on this AT. The AT has specific decorum that has to be maintained.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- Posting images/videos/articles on Simone, from past and present is allowed but try to check if it has already been posted on the AT. Avoid posting same things repeatedly.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- Avoid quoting more than thrice as it increases loading time.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- NO spamming. Or just making multiple one word posts.

- NO mocking physical appearance of any actor.
</div><div align="center">- If you find anything amiss in AT, any wrong information or wish to make suggestions, add new info then please feel free to contact AT Admin.</div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">- If you have issues with any member regarding this AT, please PM the AT Admin and DT, use Report button instead of taking matters in your own hands.</div>
<div align="center">
- Members found flouting rules or creating problems will be given a warning. And will be asked to leave the AT if they persist despite warning.

- Please keep discussions clean and healthy.

FINALLY...

</div>

[!NOCOPY]

Edited by atominis - 9 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Simone Singh was born on 10 November 1974 in Jamshedpur , to Sikh-Bengali parents, (father) cricketer Daljit Singh and (mother) Krishna. She has a younger sister named Dipannita. She spent her growing years in Jamshedpur and Bangalore.  She is a trained Kathak dancer and can play the guitar. She used to sing and perform on stage in school and college and her talent was noticed even then.

After completing her degree in English Literature, Simone worked at a TV production house in Delhi for two months and did some modeling assignments. She later came to Mumbai to meet a childhood friend and figure out her next move. For a lark she dropped her portfolio at a production company called Plus Channel and got selected for roles in A Mouthful of Sky (her  debut show, India's first English language fiction serial) and Sea Hawks.

From thereon there was no looking back for her as she went on to perform in some of the most popular and acclaimed shows of that time such as Swabhimaan (first Indian serial to complete 500 episodes), Jhoota Sach, Thoda hai thode ki zaroorat hai, Chitrahar, Superhit Muqabla, Gaatha, Hello Friends etc.

However, the show that made Simone Singh a household name nationwide was Heena (1998) on Sony TV.  Simone played 18 year old Muslim girl who discovers after marriage that her husband is in love with an other woman. The show was about trials and tribulations in married life and was lauded for shedding light on concept of "Talaaq" in Islam. Heena was the highest rated show on Indian Television at that time and still holds place in Top 5 most watched shows of Indian Television in 2000s decade as per  TAM & IndianTelevision.com. The serial Heena and as heroine Simone Singh also gained popularity abroad as Heena was aired in different countries like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Middle East, Maldives, Malaysia, USA, UK etc.  It earned her several awards, honours and nominations and till date she is remembered as "The Heena Girl". Heena ran for 5 years on Sony TV, making it the longest running Muslim social drama on Indian Television. Simone Singh became the Face of Sony TV as Heena.

Besides TV shows, Simone was also a popular model in 1990s and 2000s, appearing in several commercials such as Lakme, Pantene,Nirma, Samsung, Santoor soap, Ultra Doux Shampoo  etc., music videos -  Asha Bhosle's "Parde mein rehne do" with Bikram Saluja and Jagjit Singh-Gulzar's "Shaam se aankh mein" with Jimmy Shergill.

In 2000, Simone got married to filmmaker Farhad Samar in a quiet ceremony at her parents' home town Chandigarh.

In 2001, Simone forayed into movies with Ek Rishta A Bond of Love where she played Priya, Amitabh Bachchan's daughter and Akshay Kumar' sister. The same year she did a cameo in Karan Johar's blockbuster Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham in which she played Rukhsaar, Kajol's neighbour and best friend. This was her most popular role in movies as she shared screenspace with stars like Kajol and SRK.  In 2002, she appeared in Haan Maine Bhi Pyaar Kiya as Abhishek Bachchan's friend. Her other release that year - Sur earned her critical acclaim and she won Stardust Best Supporting Actress Award for her role.

In 2003 she did a cameo in Karan Johar's superhit Kal Ho Na Ho where she played Camilla, Saif Ali Khan's girlfriend who is a golddigger. This was another one of her popular appearances in movies. In an interview, Simone said, she did movies and roles like Camilla to break free from image of Heena.

The same year Simone Singh became the first Indian actor to present an award at International Emmy Awards in NYC. It was considered a landmark for an Indian television actor on a global platform.

Meanwhile she kept doing TV shows - Tum Pukar Lo, Aandhi, Kasshish on Zee TV and hosted non fiction shows like Kosmic Chat on Zoom TV, Blockbuster on Channel  9 Gold, The Lounge on CNBC-TV18.

In 2005, Simone served on the jury of the first International Emmy Awards held in India.

Her most appreciated and critcally acclaimed performance in movies came in 2006 film Being Cyrus, where she played a grey shade role of Tina Sethna. The English language film was directed by Homi Adajania and Simone shared screen with actors like Boman Irani, Saif Ali Khan, Dimple Kapadia, Naseeruddin Shah. Her co star Dimple Kapadia complimented her "for stealing the show".

In 2007 Simone hosted Mission Ustaad on 9X, a one of its kind musical reality show co-produced by the United Nations to raise awareness about Millennium Development Goals.

Simone's last role in fiction serial was in Viraasat on Star One as Anoushka Lamba (2007) where she was paired opposite Aman Verma. Her last cameo in movies was in Ram Gopal Varma's Rann (2010) as Priya Malik - Shankalya.

Simone Singh has been hailed among the most beautiful and stylish women in India by magazines like Elle, Verve, Vogue, Femina and websites like Rediff. Her contemporary Sangeeta Ghosh named her among most stylish women on Indian Television and producer Ekta Kapoor described her as "well spoken and stylish". 

Simone Singh has featured in fiction and nonfiction shows across all major channels such as Doordarshan, DD Metro, Sony, Zee TV, Star Plus, Star One, Zoom, CNBC TV18, 9X, Channel  9 Gold etc. And featured in a couple of movies from 2000 to 2010.

Simone Singh also emerged as  a sought after emcee with events like Sansui Awards, Laadli Media Awards, Indian Telly Awards to her credit, along with several other events including product launches.

She is a socialite and fashion icon. She's a favourite across fashion blogs, still called the most stylish star on TV, and listed among hottest female Page 3 faces in India (recently by MensXP e-zine).

Simone was also one of the judges in the Bangalore round of ZEE India's Best Cinestars ki Khoj in 2004. She served on the jury of Vogue Beauty Awards in 2011, HT Mumbai's Most Stylish Awards (2012-2013), Kashish Mumbai International Queer Film Festival (2012-2013).

She is a contributor to magazines like Vogue, Hello! , Verve, Upper Crust, Elle, You and I etc., on lifestyle related topics.

She has also been a narrator and lent her voice to a documentary, Narmada: Power to People (2011).

Simone spent last few years hosting talk shows such as Leap of Faith (ET-Now, 2010), spending time at home and taking spiritual courses etc. She maintains she has never planned anything and was never  too ambitious.  "I am a dabbler, a dilettante. I never had the ambitious streak in me. I never wanted to be in news courtesy some quotes. Offers have always chased me, including film leads. I kept on refusing them for I never wanted to be an actress. Sounds cliched, but in my case it's really true." (quote in The Hindu, 2006)

She is said to have refused several offers on television after Heena since she did not want to get stuck in daily serial routine with no work life balance. She is choosy about roles and subjects of shows she takes up.  In her interviews, she maintains she is happy with the kind of work she has done. 

HER NAME - "Simone" is French for "The Beautiful One"

BIRTHDAY- 10 November, 1974

SUNSIGN - Scorpio

HEIGHT - 5'1"

FATHER - Daljit Singh, former Ranji Trophy cricketer, qualified coach, BCCI Chief curator

MOTHER - Krishna, a Bengali

SIBLING - Dipannita, younger sister

SPOUSE - Farhad Samar, producer, filmmaker, author

SCHOOL - D.B.M.S. English School, Jamshedpur, Convent of Jesus and Mary, Delhi

HOMETOWN - Has roots in Chandigarh, grew up in Jamshedpur, Bangalore and Delhi and finally came to Mumbai

FAVOURITE ROLES  -  She does not have any favourites as such but says she enjoyed playing Rupal in Sea Hawks and Madhulika in A Mouthful of Sky.

FIRST SHOW - A Mouthful of Sky

FIRST JOB and SALARY - Was a third assistant director and also helped with the costumes for a show in Delhi. Got paid 3500 bucks.

MOST FAMOUS ROLE ON TV - Heena

MOST FAMOUS ONSCREEN PAIRING - With Anup Soni in Seahawks

MOST FAMOUS APPEARANCE IN FILMS - In Karan Johar's Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (2001) and Kal Ho Na Ho (2003) as Rukhsaar and Camilla

MOST ACCLAIMED ROLE IN FILMS - As Tina Sethna in Being Cyrus (2006)

FAVOURITE ONSCREEN LOOK - Heena and Camilla in Kal Ho na Ho

ENDORSEMENTS  - Lakme, Garnier, Ultra Doux, Ponds, Nirma, Santoor, Pantene, Samsung, Punjab Jewellers, Everest Masala, Meena Bazaar etc.

FAVOURITE PASTIME/HOBBIES  - Spending time with family, being at home, travelling with husband, reading, cooking, baking, shopping

FAVOURITE SMELL - Smell of wet earth after first rains

FAVOURITE FEATURE - Her favourite feature of hers is her nose.

FIRST CRUSH - Vinod Khanna (after she watched him in a movie)

FAVOURITE ACTOR - Russel Crowe

FAVOURITE BEAUTY/STYLE ICONS - Madonna & Audrey Hepburn

FAVOURITE VACATION SPOTS - Goa, New York and Europe

TALENTS - Simone sings well, is a trained Kathak dancer and can play the guitar. She also has a flair for design and is personally involved in styling her look for projects she works in.

FAVOURITE CUISINE  - Italian. Also loves Japanese, Thai and Chinese.

BEST ADVICE - We live in a world that is overly focused on appearance. And while it is a blessing to be beautiful, people might also be touched by your kindness; therefore enjoy your sparkling wit or be informed by your intellect. After all, physical beauty is only one part of a well-developed personality, and there are other qualities that can make us unique.

[!NOCOPY]

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

SIMONE SINGH ON ROLE OF SAKSHI GOENKA AND WHY SHE CHOSE THIS AS HER COMEBACK ROLE:

In Simone Singh's own words - she was thinking of returning to television and could not refuse the offer when she was approached with the role of Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi as it was a very strong and author-backed role. She said she likes to challenge herself and took up Sakshi Goenka's role as she had never done a negative role before. "The role of Sakshi Goenka was very enticing as she is rich, powerful and dominating. It is a very fascinating role yet there is a dichotomy about her. There is a certain kind of mystic aura around her as everyone close to her is intimidated by her personality. She can do anything to safe guard her family and her softer side is only visible when her family is under threat" - Simone Singh quoted in Times Of India. 

"The part of Sakshi Goenka was narrated to me as a strong, powerful, author-backed character with shades of grey and that was a draw for me as I'd never played a role like this on TV before," Simone said. "Sakshi Goenka has a dark side to her but is also a complex, nuanced personality. She is not one dimensional in any way and I wanted to imbue her character with humanity and charm," she said. Considering that actors doing TV get typecast, Simone is not apprehensive playing a negative role. "This never occurred to me at the time I accepted the part. The way I see it, I have had the opportunity to play diverse characters so far, simply by being judicious in my choice of roles, so I don't have any worries on this count," she said. - BollywoodLife

Ek Hasina Thi also marked the return of Simone Singh's jodi with Ayub Khan (who plays her husband Rajnath Goenka) with whom she was earlier seen in Aandhi and Kasshish on Zee TV.

Simone Singh, as Sakshi Goenka has been getting rave reviews from all quarters for her looks, style, one liners and performance. The "Sakshi Goenka" dresses and jewellery have already become a hit among viewers in real life within few months since Ek Hasina Thi went on air. "Sakshi Goenka dresses", "Sakshi Goenka jewellery", "Sakshi Goenka Hairtstyle", "Sakshi Goenka sarees" and "Sakshi Goenka necklace" have even been included in suggested keywords on Google search indicating the rising popularity of all aspects of her character.

Simone is getting a good response from the audience, family and friends. "I have been getting appreciative calls and messages from friends and colleagues. People I haven't seen for years have gotten in touch to say they have loved my performance. Audience feedback has also been positive for our show," she said, in an interview.

Six months of the show going on air and Simone Singh has already been named #1 Villain on TV by Zoom Telly Talk, won the Indian Telly Award and the Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress in a Negative Role for her role as Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi.⭐️

EK HASINA THI TEAM ON SIMONE SINGH & HER CHARACTER SAKSHI GOENKA:

Sidhharth P Malhotra (Producer)Simone Singh is the fulcrum of our show. Her portrayal of Sakshi Goenka will make people forget the Heena in her. Simone Singh's role will stun one and all. She's my favourite on the set. 

Sanjeeda Sheikh (Durga Thakur) - Simone Singh is a pretty lady who is mind blowing and a fantastic actor. They (Simone Singh and Ayub Khan) pamper me a lot and take care of me every time. (TellyBuzz Interview)

Ayub Khan (Rajnath Goenka) - The face that launches a thousand ships...
Simone is a great co-star.
Beautiful, talented and gorgeous,  it's been a pleasure working with her (Simone). (Twitter & Indian Telly Awards 2014)

Bhupinder Singh (Dr Dayal Thakur) -Sakshi Goenka is the biggest success of this show in my opinion. She is a powerful, wonderful, enigmatic actor. I enjoy watching her. I think she's fantastic! I have enjoyed working with her. (TellyBytes interview)

Kishwer Merchant (Raima Maheshwari) -  Simone (Singh) is perfect for Sakshi (Goenka).(Twitter chat)

Poonam Preet (Kangana Goenka) - My favourite character is Sakshi Goenka. (Twitter)

REVIEWS AND ACCLAIM FOR SIMONE SINGH FOR THE ROLE OF SAKSHI GOENKA IN EK HASINA THI:

The Daily Eye Simone Singh's Henna image is now relegated to oblivion; as Sakshi Goenka she redefines the mother on television. She is menacing, exudes arrogant sophistication, and tigress-like will kill for her cub (Shaurya); she dotes on her son overlooking his failings with indulgence. Sakshi has conniving and sly maneouvres down to a fine art. She is her husband Rajnath's best ally in manipulating social consent.  From now on, Simone Singh's signature image will be Sakshi Goenka.

BollywoodLife - Simone Singh as Sakshi Goenka overpowers Ayub Khan who plays Rajnath Goenka. Her presence sends chills down the spine.There's no doubt that Simone looks gorgeous in Ek Haseena Thi, but her style, sarees, jewellery and hairstyle will be emulated all over. After doing positive roles all her life, this new avatar of Simone takes the cake.

JustShowbiz.com Credit for all the critical appreciation for Sakshi Goenka goes to the woman behind it - Simone Singh, a phenomenal actress; she lives the character of Sakshi with utmost perfection justifying it thoroughly. In fact, it won't be incorrect if we say she is the show-stealer of "Ek Haseena Thi".
Sakshi Goenka so far is indeed a milestone in the history of grey characters.

IndiaOpinesSimone Singh in a negative role as Sakshi Goenka is the surprise package.

FuzionProductions - Simone Singh...has worked wonders as the cynical Sakshi Goenka of Ek Hasina Thi.

SpotlightXOXO Simone Singh plays Sakshi Goenka, mother of Shaurya (the guy who rapes Durga's sister). Simone's character is full of grey shades and she's superb in her villainous portrayal. Simone has a powerful screen presence and the character she is playing is shown to be a cunning and materialistic lady. Yet when it comes to Shaurya, she loves her son unconditionally and goes to any extent to protect her son from all problems. Simone does a wonderful job!

DNA India  Simone who is back on the small-screen after nine years and best remembered for her role in and as Heena, is in a completely different avatar. Beautiful and sophisticated she plays the shrewd and manipulative Sakshi Goenka with elan. Her serene expression with a subtle arch of her eyebrow is enough to convey that she holds the threads of family and business.

Indian Express - The most interesting and powerful performance is by Simone Singh. Her attitude and elegance comes across distinctly in her character of Sakshi Goenka. Singh is back on small screen after a long time. Her long break on the television has definitely not impacted her performance. In fact, her character is the most powerful and well-sketched. 

Available list of works
- TV Shows

1990s*:

FICTION

A Mouthful of Sky (Madhulika, Doordarshan/DD Metro, 1994/1995)

Seahawks (Rupal, Doordarshan/DD Metro, 1994/1995)

Swabhimaan (Gayatri, Doordarshan, 1995)

Thoda hai thode ki zaroorat hai (Chandni, Sony TV, 1997)

Gaatha (Star Plus, 1997)

Ajeeb Dastaan hai Yeh (Anita, 1997)

Jhootha Sach (Zee TV, 1997)

Heena (Heena, Sony TV, 1998)

Hello Friends (Zee TV, 1999)

NON FICTION SHOWS AS HOST in 1990s :

Chitrahar

Superhit Muqabla

(Both on Doordarshan/DD Metro, mid/late 90s)

*Complete information about work done by Simone in 1990s is not available online, hence the list might not be fully correct or exhaustive*

Late 90s-2000:

Rishtey/Love Stories (episodics) - Zee TV

Star Bestsellers - Star Plus

(Exact year of airing of episodes not confirmed)

2000s**

FICTION

CID (special appearance, as Heena, 2001)

Tum Pukar Lo (Zee TV, 2001)

Aandhi (Chandni, Zee TV, 2003)

Talaash (Sahara, 2003)

Kasshish (Pia, Zee TV, 2005)

Viraasat (Anoushka Lamba, Star One, 2007)

NON FICTION SHOWS AS HOST in 2000s:

Blockbuster (Channel 9 Gold, 2000/2001)

Sare Jahan Se Achcha (Zee TV, 2000)

Kosmic Chat (Zoom, 2004/2005)

The Lounge (CNBC-TV18, 2004)

Change Your Outlook (CNBC-TV18, 2006)

Mission Ustaad (9X, 2007)

Down the Memory lane: Filmfare Awards Flashback (Zoom, 2008/2009)

**List of works done by Simone Singh in 2000s might also not be fully complete as exact information of all work done by her on television in early 2000s is not available online

2010s

NON FICTION AS HOST

Leap of Faith (ET NOW, 2010)

Life & Times of a Star (Zing TV, 2011)

FICTION

Ek Hasina Thi (Sakshi Goenka, Star Plus, 2014)

***Simone has also hosted shows in English language on TV channels abroad in last few years. But exact list of shows is not available online.

MOVIES

2001 - Ek Rishta: A Bond of Love (Priya Kapoor)

2001 - Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (Rukhsaar)

2002 - Sur: A Melody of Life (Divya)

2002 - Haan Maine Bhi Pyar Kiya Hai (Meghna)

2003 - Kal Ho Na Ho (Camilla)

2003 - Ssshhh

2005 - Being Cyrus (Tina Sethna)

2007 - Delhi Heights (Saima)

2008 - Bhram: An Illusion (Vinita D. Rawal)

2008 - Via Darjeeling (Preeti R. Sen)

2009 - 99 (Jahnavi)

2010 - Rann (Priya Malik-Shankalya)

2010 - Marigold (special appearance)

2010 - Gumshuda

(This is a partial list of recognition received by Simone Singh over the years. This is by no means complete or exhaustive as very little information is available from the 90s till mid 2000s and Simone's profiles are not updated anywhere online)

2001 - Indian Television Academy Awards - Nominated - Best Actress - Heena Nawab Mirza - Heena

2001 - Sony-Ponds Sampurna Naari Award - Nominated - Heena Nawab Mirza - Heena

2002 - Stardust Awards - WINNER - Best Supporting Actress - Divya - Sur: A Melody of Life

2002 -Indian Television Academy Awards - Nominated - Best Actress - Heena Nawab Mirza - Heena

2002 - Indian Telly Awards - Nominated - Best Actress in a Leading Role - Heena Nawab Mirza - Heena

2003 - MTV Style Awards - Nominated - Most Stylish Female on TV

2003 - Indian Telly Awards - Nominated - Best Actress in a Leading Role - Heena Nawab Mirza - Heena

2003 - Became the First Indian to be invited to present the International Emmy Awards at NYC

2005 - Member of jury for International Emmy Awards

2005 - Sony Aap Jaisa Koi Award - WINNER - Heena

2006 - Named among Top 10 Sexiest TV Soap Stars by Indiatimes

2006 - Hawa Productions Motion Picture Awards - Nominated - Best Supporting Actress - Tina Sethna - Being Cyrus

2007 - Named among 50 Most Beautiful Women In India by Femina

2007 - Voted among Top 10 Most Stylish Women in Mumbai by DNA

2009 - Named among India's 50 Most Beautiful Women by Femina

2010 - Named among India's Most Beautiful People by People Magazine India

2011 - HT Mumbai's Most Stylish Awards - WINNER (TV category)

2011 - Named among India's Most Stylish Women by Rediff

2011 - Named among 50 Most Beautiful Women in India by Femina

2013 - Named among Grand Dames of Style by Verve for featuring consecutively for 3 years on Verve's Best Dressed Hall of Fame 

2014 - Indian Telly Awards - WINNER - Best Actress in a Negative Role - Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi

2014 - Chosen as #1 Villainous Character on TV as Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi by Zoom Telly Talk

2014 - Indian Television Academy Awards - WINNER - Best Actress in a Negative Role - Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi

2014 - Named #1 Best Actress on Television for year 2014 by Indian Tellywood Forum for role as Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi

2014 - Named Best Actress of the year on TV by Television World (Television-World.com) for Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi.

2014 - Voted Hottest Mom on TV by Times of India as Sakshi Goenka for Ek Hasina Thi

2014 - Listed among Top Actors who made Impact on TV in 2014 by Fuzion Productions - Simone Singh for her performance as Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi 

2014 - Voted Best Vamp of TV of year 2014 in poll by Tellychakkar dot com as Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi.

2014 -  Simone Singh, Ayub Khan & Vatsal Sheth named Best Villains of TV by Fuzion Productions - for Sakshi Goenka, Rajnath Goenka & Shaurya Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi

2014 - Nominated in shortlist for Forbes Most Powerful Celebrities of India (TV category) for year 2014

2014 - Listed in Best Comeback by an actress on TV by Telly Tadka for Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi

2014 - Listed in Best TV Vamps by Telly Tadka as Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi

2014 - Listed in Most Stylish TV Moms by Telly Tadka for Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi

2015 - India TV Forum Awards - WINNER -  Best TV Villain - Simone Singh as Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi

Featured among 50 Most Stylish People in India by Elle Magazine consecutively for 5 years in early 2000s. 

Featured in Femina's 50 Most Beautiful Women in India almost every year since 1999.

Regularly featured amongst the Best Dressed and Most Beautiful List in several magazines like Verve, Femina, Vogue, People and Harpers Bazaar over the years till date.

Simone Singh in title track of Heena (Sony TV serial, 1997/1998):

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CctO7sSmIMI[/YOUTUBE]

Heena - Official Showreel from Sony TV - with song, clips and dialogues (1998):

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuFsAoEFAFo[/YOUTUBE]

Simone Singh's interview on Movers & Shakers with Shekhar Suman (Late 90s):

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVUXQ5vRXRE[/YOUTUBE]

Simone Singh's ad for Lakme from year 1999:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJznk0Me7lo[/YOUTUBE]

Simone with Jimmy Shergill in Shaam se Aankh Mein Music Video by Jagjit Singh & Gulzar (late 90s):

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UsReAi_LIU[/YOUTUBE]

Simone Singh with Bikram Saluja in Parde Mein Rehne Do remix music video feat. Asha Bhosle (late 90s):

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=sSj7dMzIMaw[/YOUTUBE]

Simone in a song from Ek Rishta (2000):

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2cpoXyKx-Wc[/YOUTUBE]

Simone as Ruksaar in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (2001):

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=d2NaiG_LDKg[/YOUTUBE]

Simone Singh as Talk show Host: Behind the Scenes of movie based talk show Blockbuster with Bollywood Stars (early 2000s):

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=DbnTaSN4v_I[/YOUTUBE]

Simone as Camilla in Kal Ho Na Ho (2003):

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=XFalSHf6Yuo[/YOUTUBE]

Simone in title track of her Zee TV serial Aandhi (2003):

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=LHgjIg1aSX0[/YOUTUBE]

Simone in Santoor Soap ad (2005):

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=rxiCFhhuYxc[/YOUTUBE]

Simone Singh with Saif Ali Khan in a scene from Being Cyrus (2006):

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=lDXENV--TWw[/YOUTUBE]

Simone in Garnier Color Naturals Ad (2010/2011):

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=piYvLHHhis8[/YOUTUBE]

Simone in Everest Masala Ad (2013/2014):

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ka2YiaCqfUc[/YOUTUBE]

Ek Hasina Thi - First Look (2014):

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=pcAxBFvLm8M[/YOUTUBE]

Sakshi Vs Durga Clash - Promo - Ek Hasina Thi:

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=m0RVIruwz1A[/YOUTUBE]

Simone speaking to E24 on her role as Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi:

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vv4vxeB0Q-g[/YOUTUBE]

Simone speaks on Ek Hasina Thi completing 100 episodes:

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=p82wekmun4w[/YOUTUBE]

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

AT Creator and Admin - atominis

AT Banner - .SmokeySilence.

Write ups in intro, biography, filmography & compilation of info/pics/videos - atominis

Slideshow in Intro - atominis

Collages in Biography, Filmography, Comeback sections - atominis

Fan art in Fan Creations Section - taaniroyal, -Eris-

TomJerry007,
  Serena.V
mithilarids, 
nidhirohan, 
natville25,
 Pallavi25, 
FeistyQueen, 
atominis, 
Angela_Grokes, 
ecrivain, 
divyadollar, 
MS-meghasharma, 
-deepali17-, 
dabhlover, 
AryaDrayCoByrne, 
severus1, 
taaniroyal, 
nsapo, 
VIMAL.M,
 daredevil94, 
BeingBlunt, 
..Christine.., 
jkrocks, 
ronshaan, 
anu_rulz, 
ani_gr, 
Rainbowcatxso, 
samrudhi.r, 
rutu83,
 Japonica, 
sweetystubborn, 
ILoveDrama, 
asmk, 
shamil, 
harinisriram39, 
Mallika-E-Bhais,
 .Wanderer., 
-DEvil_Heart-, 
.TomJerry. ,
 RedRose07,
 TheGadabout, 
.SmokeySilence. , 
SayaneeH.Lecter,
 ibelieveinpink,
 tvdekha, 
-Orchid-, 
whitewitch,
 Manzz
Elasingh
.Mohabbatein.
nikita_88
swirly
zenjoe
-Crescendo-
Dazee
BhabhiKiBehna
VintageWine
18mypride
avyarima
shrutiravi
Few words!

This AT was supposed to be made in July but kept getting delayed for various reasons. Creations were awaited, my net collection is slow, laptop had to be repaired and for a long time I used to browse only via mobile, I also took lot of time to make collages myself, I did not know anything about making or running an AT and browsed many ATs myself to see how it worked and lot more time was spent in researching pics, videos and information on Simone Singh. I wanted the thread to be comprehensive and cover most of information on life, work and achievements of Simone.
Then I was also in two minds whether to go ahead with the AT or not as I generally do not make or join ATs on any forum, was thinking of quitting to watch EHT anyway and also wondered how AT would be perceived as Simone plays a negative character.

Finally after consultation with few forum friends I decided to go ahead with this. I am sorry to those who were waiting for this thread  earlier. Sorry for being late. But I hope you like whatever is shared here or will be shared in future.😳

This is NOT a celebration or justification/glorification of Sakshi Goenka's deeds. This AT is a celebration of SIMONE SINGH's WORK as Sakshi Goenka. So if you're a hater or don't understand our rationale behind this AT then please don't even bother peeping in here. Thank you.

Simone is a reclusive actor, does less work, is not on any site, so a meeting point for all her admirers is missing. Plus many are rediscovering Simone with her work in EHT, hence this thread is just an introduction for all those who knew less or nothing about her. In fact I am also one of those who rediscovered Simone!😊

I was not a fan of Simone from childhood. I only have vague memories of my grandmother watching Heena every week. I didn't understand what was going on in the show.😆

The only thing I knew was this girl looked good and spoke well. That's about it.

When I noticed her in promos of EHT in March this year I wondered if this was the same girl in Heena and films like K3G, shows like Kosmic chat? I wondered how would she do this role. Yes I thought she was miscast in this role!😆

But as I watched every episode of EHT, I had to take my words back! Simone was a total surprise as Sakshi Goenka! 👏
In fact Sakshi Goenka itself was a surprisingly layered character and not just a monotone rude maa/saas - at least to begin with.

I love Simone for her acting, versatility, her style, her dialogue delivery, her command over language be it Hindi or English, her accent, the way she carries herself, the way she lifts even mundane scenes with her screen presence and dialogue delivery...I have often praised her performance in other threads and I maintain I am unable to wean off EHT only for 2 reasons - Simone and final justice for rape victim theme.

I hope we can keep discussing her here and collaborate to contribute and exchange stuff on her, her life and work.

I welcome all genuinely interested members to the AT.😊

Rules have been outlined clearly and I am reiterating that troublemakers will be dealt with strictly. No questions asked.
So those who are looking to rile up members or trash the subject of this AT better drop your idea. There are other threads to vent frustration.

Those who join please maintain decorum and resolve issues amicably via PMs. Please do not create a scene on the AT.

Thanks again and WELCOME!