Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Priyanka Chopra croons lullaby for Mary Kom

Actress-singer Priyanka Chopra has sung a lullaby in her forthcoming film Mary Kom, a biopic on the five-time World Champion boxer.

"I have sung a lori (lullaby) in the film, which comes in the important part of the film. It's a very intimate conversation between the mother and child and yes, it was fun. It has a good tune," said Priyanka. She was speaking at the trailer launch of Mary Kom.

Director Omung Kumar got ample support from Mary Kom during the making of the movie, which will release September 5.

In the last few years, Bollywood has successfully churned out films based on sportsmen like Paan Singh Tomar and Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.

Many feel that sports based films have become trendy in filmdom, but Priyanka begs to differ.

She said: "This is the first film on a female athlete and it is very disrespectful to say it's a trend."

ViccoTurmeric thumbnail

Sanjay Leela Bhansali: Priyanka Chopra is Bollywood's Answer to Hilary Swank

Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali compared Priyanka Chopra with the Million Dollar Baby actress Hilary Swank. The director insists that only Priyanka could pull off the title role in Mary Kom, a biopic on Olympic bronze medallist and five-time World Champion M C Mary Kom.

Sports drama Million Dollar Baby was the story of a waitress' determined journey to become a boxing champ. Hilary Swank played the protagonist in the film which took home four Oscars. 

"Mary Kom is a very special film and no other actress could have pulled off the role," Sanjay told reporters at the trailer launch of Mary Kom. (Also Read: What Priyanka said about Mary Kom)

"Priyanka is like an 'atom bomb'. She is a power packed talent. Her dedication, passion, and commitment toward her work are commendable. If Hollywood has Hilary Swank, we have Priyanka Chopra." 

Sanjay also compared Priyanka's talent with that of Nutan and Waheeda Rehman saying she is in the "same league" as the veteran actresses. 

Sanjay feels Mary Kom was destined to happen. 

"If a film has to happen, it will happen. For this film, we had no meetings or (script) readings. Omung (the director) was in the lift and told me he wants to make a film on Mary Kom. I said 'yes' then and there. So, I feel the film was meant to happen," he said. 

Directed by Omung Kumar, and co-produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Sanjay Leela Bhansali Productions, the movie will release on September 5.

ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
PHOTOS FROM TRAILER LAUNCH!

ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
INTERVIEWS!

With Faridoon

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdaxaANn3F0&app=desktop[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXvN1nuf-a0&list=UUzR7770PbrKcG9OYGzBep9w[/YOUTUBE]

With Business of Cinema

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQUqfBYFUeQ&app=desktop[/YOUTUBE]

P7News

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSnAuqNdIU&app=desktop[/YOUTUBE]

LehrenTv

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Eiarbc9RM&app=desktop[/YOUTUBE]

News Express
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQXd__FSZgU&app=desktop[/YOUTUBE]

News24

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkopBrAXdJA&index=76&list=WL[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by GundayVedant - 9 years ago
ViccoTurmeric thumbnail

Exclusive: Priyanka Chopra answers fans' questions about Mary Kom!

We ran a short contest under the hashtag #AskPriyanka on Twitter today and received a mind-boggling number of questions fans wanted to ask the actor! Here are the best questions Priyanka Chopra answered personally!

On singing for the first time in Bollywood:

Fan Bhupendra Singh (@ibhupendra) asked, "Have you sung a lullaby in Mary Kom?"

PC says , I have sung a lullaby for the film for my twins (Mary's). It's a beautiful Lori. I am really excited about it because its my first Hindi song. So yay!

On comparison with Hilary Swank:

Fan MY PRIYANKA CHOPRA @piggy_chopps asks "Sanjay(Leela Bhansali) sir compared you to Hilary Swank. Your reaction?"

PC says , "Anything coming from Sanjay sir is a huge compliment. But Mary Kom is nothing likeMillion Dollar Baby (Swank's film wherein she played a boxer). It is about amateur boxing and the life of five time Olympic medallist from India."

Emotional challenge in playing Mary Kom:

Fan Zoya shahid @zoya_shahid asks "Was it as emotionally challenging as it was physically to play Mary Kom?"

PC says , "I wouldn't say Mary has had a hard life. I wouldn't want anybody to feel bad about her. I'd say she has an inspiring life. It has inspired me tremendously. It was emotionally challenging because I had to play a living, breathing person so there was a huge responsibility on me to play the role right."

What is Mary Kom for women?

Fan J Anoshiya Lopez (@jenieLopez95) asks: "How will MK influence women?"

PC says , "It is an empowering film especially for women. Its about Mary who wouldn't settle for less, who cannot be told what her limits are! So I think along with women the film will also inspire a lot of young people of the country to not limit themselves according to what others say."

What will people take away from Mary Kom?:

Fan Stacy (@StacySuperDuper) asks: "What will people walk away with after watching Mary Kom?"

PC says , "Ah! The film is too close to me, I don't know what people will take away from it. I just hope that Mary's life inspires people. To me it gave a lot."

Craziest reaction:

Fan Tanvi (@iamtanvi) asked "What's the best reaction you've received so far?"

PC says , " I remember when I first tweeted the first look of MK I was working on Zoya's film and we were on a boat for a long time. And within three hours, I got some 350 emails, some 600 messages and some crazy number of tweets! We were trending and everything and I didn't even know that this happened within a few hours! So the number by which people liked the film's look was amazing!"

Doing another biopic:

Fan ADITI @AdiPcSunshine asked "WOULD YOU DO ANY OTHER BIO PIC IN FUTURE? OR THIS WAS ONE & LAST?"

PC says, "I am always open to great films. So if another interesting story comes, then why not!"

ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Kinda related to MaryKom!
Faridoon Shahryar @iFaridoon  

Sanjay Leela Bhansali has thrown a belated birthday party for @priyankachopra tonight in Mumbai...

ChelseaForEver thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
The trailer's crossed 2M views. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Sung in the powerful voice of @VishalDadlani, #ZiddiDil 1st song from #MaryKom releases tomorrow! @priyankachopra

ViccoTurmeric thumbnail

Originally posted by: MR.KooL

Sung in the powerful voice of @VishalDadlani, #ZiddiDil 1st song from #MaryKom releases tomorrow! @priyankachopra

Good.. I like it... Eagerly waiting ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
ChelseaForEver thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

FORMER MISS WORLD PRIYANKA CHOPRA FOUGHT WITH REAL BOXERS IN 'MARY KOM'

IANS | Jul 29, 2014, 03.02PM ISTTOPICS: sanjay leela bhansali|Priyanka Chopra|Miss World|Mary Kom 
Priyanka Chopra strikes a pose as she attended Sanjay Leela Bhansali's party recently which was thrown in her honour. 

Actress and former beauty queen Priyanka Chopra fought with real boxers in "Mary Kom", a biopic on the five time World Champion boxer. She says it was not easy to take a full-on punch from professional boxers during the shoot. 

"All my opponents in the film were real boxers," Priyanka said here in an interview. 

"It was very difficult to shoot with them because they are real boxers and they don't know how to fake a punch, they had to really hit you. So I had to get hit a lot and that was really hard," she added. 

Co-produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Viacom 18 Motion Pictures, "Mary Kom" shows Kom's journey from an athlete to a boxer, opposition faced by her father to take up the sport as a profession, training with men, her fearless nature, marriage and so-called end of her boxing career. 

Directed by Omung Kumar, it is slated for a Sep 5 release.