Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shutter thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -Zara-

Thank you! I thought I'd get tomatoes at the first commentπŸ˜†, but this was lovely! *hugs*
xxx

Oh well, my comments don't really deserve the first spot on the first page, but what to do????😳 I had just logged in and I found this... I am just glad that it was better than getting rotten eggs thrown at by such an amazing writer...πŸ€—πŸ˜†

Like DIyaS said in her post "A fairytale happily ever after is too tame for this couple"... And it cannot be any truer than it is going by Rudra's intensity and volatile temperament!!!!

Clap
SherryGS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

I loved this. If they were going to go strictly Othello then this is how it should be. Pain, anger, loss. I found this exhilarating, not depressing. Its hard core and more in tune with the original concept of RR. Nice work.

AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

@Bold - Glad to hear that I was not the only one affected by the 'response' to that piece! Lol. :p
Ended thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelTeen

@Bold - Glad to hear that I was not the only one affected by the 'response' to that piece! Lol. :p

No worries sis. I hear you. πŸ˜‰
x
Ended thumbnail

Originally posted by: kate_austen

Zara,

I looked at the comments and sternly told myself not to read  the story. I'm a sucker for happy endings you see. But i couldnt stay away...curiosity almost killed me..so i came back and read your story. MY GOD..WOMAN ( pardon my lang).You nailed it...πŸ‘πŸ‘ THIS IS RAUDRA!!  RUDRA's Raudra. For once, im okay with the ending because i cant imagine Rudra in a world without Paro. It'd be body without soul.😳

aww glad you read even though you like the happy ending stories ( who doesn't,lol) But even more happy that you liked this piece. πŸ˜ƒ Thank you

x
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful OS Zara. Brought out the feels of Othello. Only I like Rudra more than Othello . And you ve really tapped into the feel of the promo "Paro nahin to Rudra nahin". Let's just hope that it doesn't come to thiz in the serial. Much love to you 
Happytwinkle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
mindblowing one
loved it
thanks for the pm
svijaya77 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh wow! Loved it!! If Rudra had been portrayed truly Othello-like, then I can totally picturize this happening 😲

Great piece of writing...πŸ‘

Viji

Ended thumbnail

Originally posted by: napstermonster

Here's the thing. That could happen. The man Rudra is --that could happen, the shock, the immediate manic reaction, the flaring fury prompting a split second decision that he, then, cannot, live with. And the way Paro would absolve him--tending to her Major Saab, even as her life blood flows out of her body, until the very last moment of her breath. Yes, that too, could happen.

And that is what makes this an incredible, incredible piece. I'm not saying that because its a Navarasa piece, and you are my very own. No. If I could dismiss it, for its implausibility, I could move on with a shrug and a quick comment saying..."nice job." that would be easier, given the fact its ripped my heart out, and that didn't feel so good. But its like an accident, yeah? Like a tragedy you know you want to avert your eyes from, but cant? Its a piece that should be reread, not because you don't understand it the first time through--- because it does have simple language, gorgeous, straightforward location, even a sly symbolic use (handkerchief--doll..I see what you did there, you smart thing!) but that is not its main fascination. Its the fact that- he WOULD do this, even now, even today. And this reaction is so much a part of his darkness, his love is so entwined with his obsessive need for her, his refusal to countenance any existence without her, is so frightening--this could happen.

I cannot thank you enough for taking the initiative, you and Anky, for restarting the Navarasas--the fact is, people have been waiting on me and Noyoti, and we have thankfully ceded ground to you writers instead of selfishly holding up the line, so thank you so very much for getting this done. And secondly--thank you, my love, for being---true. True to the man we seen onscreen, the actual deep trauma behind Rudra following his wife around, behind his need to be the only one she sees, cares for, worries about, touches,. A man jealous of his own mother's demands upon his wife's time--yes, the shades of mad devotion do get flipped around in real and reel life, to shades of mad rage doing an unspeakable thing. Thank you for unflinchingly bringing that out----this was an act of Raudra, indeed--pure bind rage that does not stain Paro's innocence, but ends Rudra's life--as ---poetic justice--- it should.

The simplicity of it, the length of it---I didn't see the emotion coming. It didn't try to be clever, sly, it did not try to load the narrative down with background or story telling. It didn't need to--that was the power of the concept--and of you. It packed a wallop, because of spare prose, simple story-telling--and psychologically accurate insight.  AND that is why, Baisa, I'm glad I'm alone in my bedroom, re-reading this tonight. I discounted your instructions from the author's note about the tissues. I'm regretting that, Baisa. This could happen.

Thanks Baisa for your comment. I'm glad you thought it was good as I honestly do feel if the CV's truely do go down the Othello route at the end, this OS could be close to it.πŸ˜†
Thanks again.
p.s you caught the part about the doll and handkerchief. Yay!πŸ˜†
x
Edited by -Zara- - 9 years ago
anisa79 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Omds!! Soo depressing but beautifully written!