Did any book create impact on you? - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HoneY_BeE thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
My Favorite book so far is Interpreter of Maladies( Short Stories) by Jhumpa Lahiri..all the stories are absolutely touching and Jhumpa is great..i can read it any number of times and not get bored...Yes books do influence me.
lovelyprincesst thumbnail
yes i do read book n m crazy abt it..

well ma choice of books are wierd..
i startd with enid blyton's secet seven n famous five, thn to sweet valley high, daniel still, sydney sheldon n mills n boons...

recently i like fictions alot n i do sometimes continue reading M&B books.

I read books coz i like reading n enjoy them earnestly..

none of the book has thought me anything coz nothing is reality in the books i read but the recent one i read was Da Vinci Code by Dane Browm n it was great reading n together with it, m not confused but just tht my mind is in debate n it has brought me a question is it true abt the Gail or its just fiction n upto today i didnt get the ans πŸ˜›

i like reading alot n i m not choosy.. it all depends on ma mood πŸ˜›
Hend thumbnail
I can not imagine my life without books, I consider my books my real treasure .
Yes, I think books have an impact on our lives , for me, the books that have a significant impact on my life is( Da Vinci code) and
( By the River piedra I sat down and I wept )
I love read books from different world literature
Reading books gave my fantastic treat .
Leoaugust13 thumbnail
a child called "IT" was the first book which created a greatttt impact in me 😊
**Tinkerbell** thumbnail

Excellent Topic πŸ‘ πŸ‘

I read a wide variety of books from novels, histories to biographies to childrens books, anything that   tickles my fancy really πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ...
Through life you read alot of books however i think anybook that as you grow older and you can still remember and you re-read and it still has the same effect  has surely made an impact on you....there are a few that leave me in awe even today..however one book in particular will remain an all time favouriteand that  is " The Lion the Witch  and The Wardrobe...by C.S.Lewis" a true wonder, and gives children a new insight into the imagination and even as an adult i will never forget the impact that book made in my life......another book i truly liked was "Lovely Bones" a truly touching book, gave writing a new edge as it was written in a very different way.......

A Book isnt there to impact your life its there to give you an escape from reality, i always feel a book is a safe haven from the real world when you need time out...i think the true meaning of safe haven was found in the Harry Potter novels...I felt that all the novels in the series so far played with every emotion a human can possess, and for an author to have that hold over a reader is certainly a remarkable and exceptional writer ...i dont think i will ever forget, the Harry Potter  books they certainly have made an impact on me and will always remain an all time fave...infact i will pass them on generation after generation...these three books will always hold a special place in my heart and on my bookshelf...

But i believe life itself is infact like a book...each chapter of your life is pre written, so i guess in actual fact everyday is a page, everyday that you have been through has a very important impact on your life as a whole...

Edited by **Tinkerbell** - 17 years ago
catcat thumbnail
I did,nt realize this section existed...came across by accident.

Hey I have read so many books since I picked my first one a very long time back. Different books at different stages of my life have certainly influenced me (not changed me mind u) at that point of time and perhaps played a part in shaping my personality/thought process.

Also an addendum.... what I found interesting is that when I reread a book after a gap of 2-3 years, I found that I interpreted it differently.....certain new insights. I still enjoy doing that.

Good topic to ruminate upon.//CAT
Misfit_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Leoaugust13

a child called "IT" was the first book which created a greatttt impact in me 😊

That's such a sad book!
klahoti thumbnail
The BridgeAcross Forever - Richard Bach
God of small things
The Notebook
The Guide
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I am crazyyy when it comes to books...loveee reading! I have to sign off now...will share my fav book and inspirations later😳
mistletoe thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Dear Friends!!

My topic for the debate is

"Did any book create impact on you?"

Do you read books ?

Oh Yes! All the time!

Did any book change your life?

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand!

Did any book save you from problems?

Notes to Myself by Hugh Prather! (Its the most inspirational book ever written!)

Did any book help you in removing your confusions or did it add much more confusion?

or Do you say we read books but we don't take the content seriously?

It depends on the sort of book we read and also on the way we percieve reading! I take reading not only as a hobby but also as an intergral part of my life and hence I read very seriously! In course, I do end up imbibing a lot of things that are conveyed by the Author and also ignoring some things!

Kindly put your views in your leisure.

with best wishes,

Mythili