Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

black current thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
i like Fountain head BY ANNY RAY RAND i learned so much from the Character HOWROAD ROARK i really suggest any book lovers to read that and also i like Harry Potter very much ha even DAVANCI CODE was nice i just love reading can any of u suggest some good books i have a nice and small library for myself
mistletoe thumbnail

Would recommend some of my favourties :

Catch-22 / One of the best books written on the ravage and destruction caused by War!

Inscrutable Americans / You can't flip one page without doubling yourself with laughter!

The Good Earth / Heartwarming and immensely uplifting! It won Pearl Buck a much deserved Nobel for Literature!

A Suitable Boy / It is one of the most encompassing novel ever written in English! Immensely readable inspite of running into almost 1500 pages!

A 100 Years in Solitude / AMAZING! Any amount of words fail to describe this classic!

Lots more coming up later on....

Cheers,

MT

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Dear MT!!!
Thankyou for ur suggestions.I'm planning to put a post after somedays in which I'm going categorize all the books suggested by all of you and their weblinks if possible.Hope this idea works and helps people like me.
cheers,
Mythili
lighthouse thumbnail

Excellent idea Mythili. 👏

MT- Great to hear from you. As always you bring a lot of insight with your posts. Looking forward to more of you.

Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i love reading!
i think books which have had a impact on me are:
Lucas by Kevin Brooks
A Child called IT

my favourite books are:
entire Harry Potter series
Lord of the Rings
Tess Gerritsen Books

Tazmanian_Devil thumbnail
Goog topic!

Reading is a life line for me. I don't think i have gone a single day since i was 9 without reading a book!!

I read for pleasure mainly. Reading has always been a way to expand my horizons and discover new places

I think the books that have made the most positive impact on my life are the harry potter series. I discovered these books when i was going though a really unpleasent phase of my life. I had just started secondary school and everything was changing soo fast around me and i also was being bullied . I spent my breaktimes on my own in the library and that is when i discovered the magical world of harry potter. Reading then gave me hope and it was also a form of escapism.

some of my favourite books are Da vinci code. It got me thinking about my beliefs and religion. This book has been the topic of some very interesting and thought provoking discussions for me.

Macbeth and Jane eyre are also my fav books.

saniyaa thumbnail
well i do read wen i get tym n i enjoy it too, i read a book in school called Of mice and men 4 my english gcse and it was such a sad book, it shows lots of aspects of real lyf and all
ritzbitz thumbnail
I am not into reading... and none of th e books have created any lasting impact on me ...but one book that changed my views about "karna" was "Mritunyjay" ...that gave a different perspective about Karna...

i keep learning and growing from day to day experiences..
cheeze thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I love reading but mostly Romantic novels.

The only book that had some impact on my life was "NIRMALA" by Munshi Prem Chand. I loved this book and it made me see life in a different perspective.
tropic thumbnail
I love reading books. The recent books I have read are the Kite runner, Angels and Demons, Da vince Code, A bed of red flowers.

Paris 1911. This book is a history, it made me understand the causes of World War II, Bosnia war of mid 90s and the present day Iraq war. Also love reading travel and adventure books.