Did any book create impact on you?

Posted: 17 years ago

Dear Friends!!

My topic for the debate is

"Did any book create impact on you?"

Do you read books ?

Did any book change your life?

Did any book save you from problems?

Did any book help you in removing your confusions or did it add much more confusion?

or Do you say we read books but we don't take the content seriously?

Kindly put your views in your leisure.

with best wishes,

Mythili

Yes books to impact our minds...

The book that impacted me the most is 'Bhagawad Gita'..Both Lord Krishna and Arjuna impacted and continue to impact my life in a very positive way...I keep going back to Gita to seek solutions for a lot of situations...
I read a book recently that may not have changed my life, but certainly helped change the way I thought about certain things. It's "We need to talk about Kevin" by Lionel Shriver, and it really made me think about the so-called "blame culture" that we have as a society these days. A kid who massacres his fellow classmates is often stereotyped as "ill" or "ignored" or responidng to certain pressures in his/her life. But the child in this case did not come from a broken home, was not neglected and never bullied. Then why did he commit such an act? It made me wonder whether people can be born] evil. If it is circumstances that create evil acts, then how does Kevin's action justify that claim?

Even after putting the book down I couldn't get it out of my mind.
Bhagwad Gita for modern day life... by Krishna Bhatta
yes i luv reading n the monk who sold his ferrari n the ultimate gift r 2 buks tht hd an effect on me i became more positive n a stronger person.
Originally posted by kaira

yes i luv reading n the monk who sold his ferrari n the ultimate gift r 2 buks tht hd an effect on me i became more positive n a stronger person.

Wow, 'the ultimate gift'..Even I read that, and I must say its a grrreat book..Gives a good insight into life's utmost priorities...

Dear Friends!!

Let me answer my questions:

My topic for the debate is

"Did any book create impact on you?" Yes!!!

Do you read books ?Yes!!!

Did any book change your life? Nope!!! But changed my views on life.

Did any book save you from problems?Yeah!! The book "Tough times don't last Tough people do" helped me really.

Did any book help you in removing your confusions or did it add much more confusion?

"An Autobiography of Yogi " and commentries on Living By J.K

or Do you say we read books but we don't take the content seriously?

Some times for fun most of the times seriously.

with best wishes,

Mythili

Do you read books ? Yes, but only my IT books 😛

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

A few books of Rajneesh. (Anyone who thinks that they are on right path to figuring out life, should read at least 5 of his books (any five) just as a challange and then ask if one still believes in everything that one did before reading them) A book I would recommend is ironically 'Books I have loved.' In it he talks about books as widely differnt as Alice in the wonderland, Gita, My experiments with truth, Johnatahn livingston Seagul, Diwan-e-Ghalib and Quran. It is amazing how wide his interests were and how well he could grasp everything from philosophy to  poetry to quantum physics.

Now that you mention Rajneesh , I remember trying to pick up one of his books but did not know enough or cared so did not bother.

I think I will now. Just curious why 5 books? 😕 and which ones would you recommend.? I am guessing he wrote many books and I would have hard time trying to pick 2.

I hope his books are better then Deepak Chopra's 

Yes I read books..I'm a complete book FREAK!

No...I don't like reading books that "impact" my life..for me reading is escaping from real life, and entering a world where anything is possible. It is a way to escape, and forget everything.

Personally, if I were to read a book that would impact or change my life, it wouldn't be reading. I like to read to enter a completely different world, away from my daily life. I like to be in the shoes of a character, see a new world from the eyes of a different person. That is reading for me.