Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

griffy.fz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago
yes i read books and one which did impact on me was harry potter i kno many would laugh at me and say oh another harry potter fan but harry potter book gave me the power to imagine to write. to imagine most violent things and it also taught me that evrything in life is not goodie goodie
thats it i guess
luv
griffy Edited by griffinmonster - 17 years ago
Virgo_Stars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I really love reading books. Some of my favs are

• God of small things (it had the kind of innocence in its narration and it was sooo totally from the point of view of a small child that i loved it)
  • Lord of the flies(i had read it ages and ages ago but i still remember it. I simply loved its symbolism and the moral of that story and yes it had a huge impact on me)
  • Animal farm (it was suchhh a good book. one of the best i have ever read. It truly is a classic)

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

"Did any book create impact on you?" on book that impacted me is light in august by william faulkner and the harry potter series

Do you read books ? i don't like to read but i like harry potter and just random best sellers

Did any book change your life? books didnt exactly change my life but it did give me a realization of what i have and how lucky i am

Did any book save you from problems? books i read don't necesarrily save me from any problems..they're just leisure reading

Did any book help you in removing your confusions or did it add much more confusion? after reading faulkner, i get totally lost but when reading JK Rowling i never get lost

Do you say we read books but we don't take the content seriously? well it depends on what books we are reading and what the content..if it's something like the Da Vinci Code then some readers might take it serious but books like harry potter, no one should take those seriously

-just my thoughts and views😉

Edited by umi82990 - 17 years ago
rhabia thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Dear Friends!!

My topic for the debate is

"Did any book create impact on you?"

Do you read books ?

Did any book change your life?

Did any book save you from problems?

Did any book help you in removing your confusions or did it add much more confusion?

or Do you say we read books but we don't take the content seriously?

Kindly put your views in your leisure.

with best wishes,

Mythili

there have been many books that i have enjoyed reading, but two books that really got to me were 'Wuthering Heights' and 'Of Mice and Men', great books i say if you have not already them then do so, because everything in it is so great.  I read books now and again actualy very less now as the only things i do read are history books for assignments lolz, i suppose they save me from failing my course 😆 .  I suppose some books are can be taken seriously depending on the genre but personally books are a part of entertainment or knowledge and should not be taken too seriously, yes some books can and do leave an impact but overall read a book and enjoy it.😊

PUNJABI_HEERA thumbnail
i dont reed @ all......4 skool i do ...o i also reed FFz n UPD8z only 😆
Diva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Being a complete reading franatic, there are many books and novels which have left an impact on my memory. Whether fiction or nonfiction, a good book teaches us about life. It leaves us with something to think about, making us ponder over certain aspects of reality which we may not have previously.  Some of my personal favorites are:

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Memoirs of A Geisha by Arthur Golden
1984 By George Orwell
Night by Elie Weisel
Born Confused by Tanuja Desai Hidier
Train to Pakistan by Khushwant Singh
Anthem by Ayn Rand
And ofcourse the ever so famous Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling.

And I could go on and on listing books. I do not know if books help us remove confusion or solve problems. However, books definetely do add new dimensions to our knowledge. They allow us to create our own colorful world through our imagination. Reading also enables one to become a better writer and improves our communication skills.  And I guess at the end of the day, books can also be a form of entertaintment - though many do not see them in this manner.  I would say anyday that a book is a better form of entertaintment than any movie - why let someone else decide how things should be painted?  Why not use one's own imagination to create a world - one which is both lively and unique😛

DollyEdited by Diva - 17 years ago
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hi Friends!!!
I'm really honoured to be in this Debate Forum.Here all the people are of good interests,good ideals.This forum is really informative,each post in this really informative.I will continue to read the posts here and try to rise to all of your standard one day.This forum is a congregation of modern day's Leanardo Davinci's.Members in the forum debate in a wonderful manner on any topic.Some members are very young at age but I'm really amazed by their mental maturity levels.This forum is full of dynamic Uncle's,Didi's and kids like me 😳 .
With best wishes,
Mythili

I will make a note of the books posted by all of you.That note really helps.
Athena90 thumbnail
I love reading. Be it fictional and non-fictional. Be it murder mysteries by Agatha Christie or fantasy like the Harry Potter Series. I'll read most books with the exception Romantic novel and my own textbooks 😳😆😆

Some which really changed my outlook on life and left an impact on me include:

- Animal Farm: George Orwell -- one very powerful book, i did as my lit text when i was 13. i did not understand much then but the more i read it, the more i understood and just fell in love with this novel.

- My Feudal Lord:Tehmina Durani -- every woman/girl should read this book. Esp if u belive in equal right and all, this book, a biography is VERY WELL WRITTEN and would strengthen ur beliefs. Its about a girl who breaks free from her patriachal society

- Tuesdays with Morrie - the advice given in this short novel really can change a persons perspective of situations for life

Others include:
- Red Sky in the morning
- Memoirs of a Geisha

and many more

MNMS thumbnail
Mythili ji.... u are a kid???😲😲

If this is the truth... tub to main abhi paida hi nahin huyi 😆

Anyways... i think people at DM know that im not into books 😳 {considered as "one of the weird species" by vivacious book readers 😆 }...but i wish to read 😊 .. im sure gonna make a list of all the boooks here..good idea mythili ji 👏 ... really this will help me whenever i will get some time/vacation for reading 😳
diyafah thumbnail
I love the da vinci code...that book i was inspired to take history...and also I bcame a great fan of leonardo da vinci...a mind blowingggggg book!!!!!!! 👏