Users

Frequent Posters

mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

CHAPTER 7

RAJPUTANA GAZETTE

SONGARA PRINCE DOES IT AGAIN!!

For some souls their words are vows and epitomizing this very Rajput code the Songara Prince has once again managed to put the business world in complete awe by finalising a deal of approximately thousand million dollars with GeCone MNC, which currently holds the top position in the list of foreign companies in India. The company known for its clandestine mind games and underhand ways in giving their partners their share of profit seems to have made a complete 360 as according to the recent PR rumours they are giving complete fifty percent profit to the Songara Industries in their oncoming joint venture. Yes readers you heard it right. For the first time in its history GeCone is going to play in fair grounds and the credit for this miracle goes to none other than the reclusive genius and owner of Songara Empire Prince Pratap Songara Singh Suryavanshi. The handsome prince though has remained out of media focus for nearly six years operating behind the cover of his brilliant mind, his earth shattering achievements continue to make him a hot topic in the Rajput Community. Adding to that his tragic romance and current detachment from the cream of the society and his continuous refusals to attend seminars, balls and charity dinners puts a mysterious air on the Prince. His current single status has put him in the top position again in the most eligible bachelors of Rajput Community for three times in the row.

The Suryavanshi family had been approached for comment but have refused to release any statement regarding their estranged family members'success. It might have also to do with the fact that the Suryavanshi Empire itself headed by Kunwar Jagmaal Singh Suryavanshi is too a competitor of the Songara Empire and the tough sibling rivalry between the eldest Suryavanshi and his brothers seems to have evolved into something of a war between the two empires.

Also the continuous successes of the Songara Empire seems to have become a sore spot for nearly most of the older Empires as it seems that no matter how improbable the venture looks like, Pratap Songara appears to have luck in everything, striking gold even in most impossible of all situations.

However in spite of his wins the miracle worker is yet to be seen outside his mansion in the public. Each and every one of his deals has been made from the unplottable Songara Manor, which itself garnered the attention of people far and wide.

Not only the manor, the general public has also started their hue and cry to have a glimpse of their beloved prince, who before his self imposed exile had been an avid public figure.

These all traces their roots back to the tragedy six years ago. Yet even years later the actual reasons of his departure from Suryavanshi Mansion and the circumstances that led to the onset of Songara Empire has remained a closely guarded secret.

What was it that made the genius Rajput leave his family?

Was it a conspiracy enacted by the many envious enemies of the Prince?

What had happened six years ago in the close knitted Suryavanshi clan which had destroyed the beautiful bond they shared?

Why has Rana Udai Singh Suryavanshi never made any effort to reconcile with his once favourite son?

To look at Kunwar Pratap's achievements and miraculous feats turn to page 4.

"The Suryavanshi dynasty - The list of Rulers"turn to page 5.

Kunwar Pratap and Rana Sangram 'Sanga'Singh Suryavanshi - turn to page 6.

The series of losses and deals gone bad for Suryavanshi Empire - turn to page 9

Kunwar Jagmaal Singh Suryavanshi was in a foul temper.

With a glower on his handsome face he dipped his head and gulped down the whisky in a go, slamming the glass with a thud on the ornate desk.

"Calm down brother. What's done is done. No use crying over spilt milk," Sagar Singh Suryavanshi spoke to his hot headed brother in what he hoped was a soothing voice. For his older brother had a voracious temper and more often than not did himself no favours acting upon his plans.

Sagar sighed. Really this Pratap situation was getting more and more bothersome. His mother was right. Simply feeling they had won by driving wedges between him and Dajiraj, was the biggest mistake they had committed only second to the blunder his brother and step - brother Shakti had done to break Pratap's moral by targeting his most loved person.

Sagar winced. That was a mistake they had dearly paid for. It had simply seemed to have made him more determined to reach to the root of the incident, something they had desperately tried and succeeded somewhat to cover up. He shuddered to imagine what would happen when he would come to know the whole truth.

He was broken out of his ponderings by the shattering of the wine glass against the wall shattering into hundreds of pieces.

Both Dada Bhai Shakti and Dada Bhai Jagmaal seemed to have an obsession with breaking wineglasses.

"That bas***d! How dare him? Blackening my name, my achievements. I hate him..." Jagmaal fumed.

What name and what achievements, Sagar felt like commenting but decided as a brother he really shouldn't send his brother to a early death due to heart attack because of excessive temper.

"...and those media harpies think the sun shines out of him. What are we next to him? Dumb goats?"

"Next to him, yes brother," Sagar hastened to answer, "after all he is a genius, Dada Bhai."

Jagmaal glared at his sibling with utter loath.

"Will you shut up? That was a rhetorical question you fool," Jagmaal snarled spittle flying out of his mouth.

Just then a door man entered bowing at the two princes.

"My Lords, the Council has called a meeting and the Chief Advisor wishes your presence."

Jagmaal gave an outraged growl. Sagar quickly dismissed the door man. His brother was already in enough trouble without murder charges being added to them.

"That Chundawat is a menace. He has been after me since all those years ago I took over the reins. That Pratap lover hates me."

"Rawatji is a respected member of the Council Dada Bhai," Sagar reminded his brother, "no matter how much you hate him, please don't provoke him."

Jagmaal gave his bother a scornful look.

"I am not a fool, Sagar."

Saying  so he strutted out of his chambers.

Sagar watched his brother's form getting smaller and smaller.

The peaceful, serious and understanding look he wore disappeared. A sneer lit up his face.

His brother was a fool. Why his mother prized him so much was a mystery to him. With the current condition of the empire in his hands Sagar himself would prefer for Pratap to be the heir.

A bitterness rose in him.

It was always Pratap. Despite how much the Council liked to hide they couldn't completely mask the distaste they felt at the other Princes.

Even his own mother.

It was quite well known to him that Dheerbai Bhatiyani had desperately wanted a son like Pratap. Genius, handsome, polite, courageous, the masses darling Pratap.

Pratap, Pratap, Pratap!

Always him.

He was like an itch which refused to go away.

Dajiraj smiling in pride at his son winning the championships, his mother feeding him his favourite kheer, Badi Maa knitting him sweaters, the masses chanting his name like the next coming of Eklingji, Guru Raghvendra announcing him the best student he had ever taught, her adoring look directed at him.

His heart clenched.

Her beautiful smile adoring her face as she spoke of him. Her eyes lighting up as he looked at him, the heir of Suryavanshi's, the perfect son, perfect friend, perfect heir, perfect student, perfect ruler, perfect lover, perfect husband, perfect, perfect Pratap.

A mocking smile came to his face.

And amidst all, the others overlooked. No one cared Shakti won the sword championship because a year ago Pratap had also won it in record time. Nobody knew or cared to know that Vikram had left his education after graduation losing himself in his passion of painting or that he was counted among the world's top ten artists.. No one bothered that Jagmaal was losing himself to drugs, everybody even their mother was busy with Pratap. No one tried to even get to know the other Suryavanshi heirs after all they had Pratap.

But there was someone. Someone who had brought his whole existence to light with a small curve of her lips. Always promising to be his friend no matter what. But she did not. Even she fell prey to Pratap. Loved him in ways she would never feel for him.

A sneer lit his face as her pregnant form came to his mind. Round and glowing with his brother's child.

Jagmaal might think that he hated Pratap, but he loathed him. Despised him with his whole being. 

Because of him, their mother saw her sons as worthless, and had continuously tried to make them behave and act like him in their childhood. Work harder and harder to be better than him. Because of him their father had never spared a glance at them. And the last straw was when he had stolen her.

His love. His reason for existence. His life.

He had made so many plans, multitudes of plots to finally get her to himself, but just as he was succeeding his idiotic brothers had to step in destroying everything.

Oh how he hated all of them. Pratap, Shakti, Jagmaal. He had always been the brother who had remained in the background, underestimated and ignored.

Sagar Singh Suryavanshi turned to look at the mirror.

The dim light encased his features in a cruel look.

"I will destroy all of you, especially you Dada Bhai Pratap. Even if it is the last thing I do."

AN 3: Hello again to all my readers and a big thanks to those who reviewed, though I could do with a few more of those.

Also in many reviews it has been mentioned that some find my plot a bit confusing. I request them to please mention in their reviews as to which part gets muddled, because since I have got the whole plot mapped out, I cannot seem to be able to understand from a reader's perspective. I will be very grateful if someone points out the parts.

Thanks.

Edited by mistofshadows - 9 years ago
my_angel... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
nice one...👏
...looking forward for the next update...
deeptiya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
loved it...❤️...niki for me its the breath of fresh air...i really liked the choice of ur words... they are exquisite ...and  i am serious in praising u...its awesm... i am glad to read such wonderful piece of work,,,,,,,,,,,  u have done some seriously nice job there girl... .😳... i know its harsh but update as soon as possible... eagerly waiting...and thanx for the pm,,,,,,,,,,,,,😊..Edited by deeptiya - 9 years ago
anjoriii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
oh! it would obviously be me who is getting confused... 😆
you give different people's pov in every update... so i am just not getting, how the story is carried forward, i mean, what is exactly happening... i hope i was able to explain myself...well..i should read it once again from scratch, maybe then i'll understand .. 😛
anjystar thumbnail
waiting 4 d next update !!
mistofshadows thumbnail

CHAPTER 8

The little girl sniffed, her hands twitching nervously as she glanced around at the big brown house that was not home.

Her hands trembled nervously. She didn't want to come here. Not at all. But her mummy had made her pinky promise to come and stay here for some time. She had said that she would get many friends who will play house - house with her.

But no one came to play. Only the big lady came and made many girls and boys  sit on small couches and gave them crayons and paper.

The crayons were sticky and smelly, she pouted. It was green and she didn't even like green because all veggies were green. Yuck!

The little girl was so busy glaring at the green crayon that she didn't notice the two other girls who sat next to her staring at her in a mean way.

The girl in yellow gave a smirk to her friend and slowly sat up from the couch. She silently made her way to the little girl and deftly sneaked out her water flask. She quickly unscrewed the cap and next second...

"AAARRRGHHH!"

Two attendants came running into the class and gaped at the sight in front of them. One of the girls was wet from top to bottom, water dripping from her long braided hair, making her look like a drowned cat, as humiliated tears welled up her eyes.

"What is the meaning of this? Who did this to Miss Suryavanshi?" the attendant barked at the laughing children.

"Madam she throw water on she" one of the children spoke up.

"Its her, Samrat not she. She threw water on her," the other attendant corrected the boy.

The former attendant was not amused.

"And why did you feel the need to throw water on your classmate, Miss Rathore?"

The proclaimed Rathore princess crossed her arms looking mutinous.

"She is Suryavanshi," the child retorted.

The attendants sighed. It seemed that Rathore - Suryavanshi clash had made itself dominant in the youngest generation too, and would probably continue for a long time if the glares sent by the wet Suryavanshi towards the smug Rathore was any indication.

"Detention Miss Drishti Rathore. You'll not be allowed to go to the playroom today."

SPLASH!!!!!!!

The Rathore princess looked bewildered at the sudden outpour on her.

The attendant sighed. "Detention to you too Miss Prithika Suryavanshi."

Prithika Suryavanshi was furious. That mean yellow hippo. She had destroyed her pink princess frock. And it was her favourite one too, she thought miserably.

First day already spoiled. The little girl marched on thinking out ways to make that YH pay.

She stomped on and on not paying the slightest attention to where her tiny feet led her. She will tell her Dadu about her, she decided. Than she will show her how powerful they her.

She was so determined in her plotting that she didn't at all notice the figure that was striding towards her from the opposite direction.

WHOMP!!!!!

"Ow!"

"Uff!"

The little girl rubbed her bruised elbow as she turned to look at meany who made her fall. She was rewarded with dark black eyes glowering at her.

"Can't you see where you are walking?" the boy snarled at her.

Prithika meeped. "You made fall me," she countered.

The boy gave her an incensed look. "Brat. Doesn't even know how to speak properly."

Prithika fell her mouth open at the boy's remark. He swiftly straightened his clothes and did away with any creases resulted in the altercation and was about to go away when she blocked his path.

"What?"

"Tell me sorry."

The boy narrowed his eyes. "Look brat, you are testing my patience. This is kindergarten for the seniors. For a child like you, the play area is on the left wing. Now go and bother your classmates."

Prithika frowned. "I am not little. I will be four soon and you are children too," she argued.

The boy looked infuriated. "I am five, little brat. And its child not children. Children is plural and since you are referring to me who is only one person, it should be child, which I am not."

Prithika's mind whirred. "Are you sick?"she asked concerned.

The boy looked affronted. "Excuse me? Why do you think so?"

Prithika gave him a pitying look. The boy was really sick. "You speak con- fushg- confe- confu..."

The boy sighed. "Its confusing you blithering idiot. And I speak confusing so I am sick?" he shook his head, "you parents must have been drinking when they had you."

Prithika was confused, again. "What is blith-bliter...?"

"Blithering. It means, oh forget it" he backtracked looking at her bewildered expression.

"But you is five. Why do you speak like that?"

"Like what?" the boy asked curiously.

"Like, like" Prithika thought hard, "like you ate a word book for lunch", she concluded triumphantly.

Now it was his turn to look confused. "Word book I ate?"

Prithika nodded. "You know that big black fat hippo book with many many many many many many words."

The boy looked at her stupefied. "Fat hippo book?" he repeated her words faintly.

"Yep" Prithika concurred. "So you eat it for lunch or breakfast?" she asked eagerly.

The boy pinched the bridge of his nose. "Little fool," he murmured, " that hippo book..."

"No" Prithika stomped her feet, "it is big fat hippo, not hippo book."

The boy sighed with resignation. "Fine, that big fat hippo book is a dictionary, where you can find all the words you need. And it is not something to be eaten. It is to be read."

Prithika cocked her head. "But there are many words."

"Yes there are," he agreed, "it is better if you can read and remember them. It helps to have a perfect vocabulary. Reading is very important. You should always suck out all the knowledge from books."

"Can you remember all?" the she asked awed.

The boy gave a wolfish smirk. "You see it is a secret."

Prithika leaned forward eagerly, her eyes shining brightly. She loved secrets.

"I have eidetic memory."

"What is it?" she asked confused.

"It means" the boy confided, "I am a genius and can recall everything I have read perfectly."

"Wow" Prithika whispered.

"I know. My father has it too. Apparently my grandmother had it..."

RING!!! RING!!! RING!!!

"Shit!" the boy cursed. He was late for his calligraphy class, all because of the stupid brat. He turned to dash away when a tiny hand grasped his hand in a death-grip.

He turned to see innocent blue eyes blinking up at him with a beaming smile.

"My name is Prithika. Prithika Suryavanshi."

The boy gave her a long look. "Amar Pratap Songara. You made me late first time in my life. I hope I never see you again." Saying so he wrenched his hand away and raced up the stairs.

Prithika Suryavanshi grinned. She had a new friend, albeit a surly one. Maybe she would have to feed him chocolates everyday.

A thought striked her mind. What was he had said? Suck out knowledge.

"Hmmm!"

"Prithika" Vikram Singh Suryavanshi looked at his daughter in amusement, much to the shock of the whole Suryavanshi clan which had been staring at the tiny Suryavanshi, stupefied, including his Dajiraj, "what are you doing?"

Prithika glanced at the gaping faces of her Dadu, Dadis, Uncles, Aunts, her bewildered mother and finally looked at her father who stared at her with identical blue eyes, alight in mirth.

She gave a serious look at the dictionary in front of her and calmly took a straw from the juice tray.

"I am trying to suck the knowledge out of the book, Papa" she responded seriously. "Mummy from now I will have this for dinner."

Edited by mistofshadows - 9 years ago
Nidhi7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
this was so cute!! 😳
please continue... asap
mistofshadows thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjori_ArSha

oh! it would obviously be me who is getting confused... 😆
you give different people's pov in every update... so i am just not getting, how the story is carried forward, i mean, what is exactly happening... i hope i was able to explain myself...well..i should read it once again from scratch, maybe then i'll understand .. 😛

Thanks a lot for explaining your confusion. Actually I have been writing in different peoples perspective to depict the vcurrent state of the Suryavanshi clan. Long time ago they all used to be the model family. But a row 9 years ago made Pratap leave his home, but not the relations. 3 years later however another conspiracy against Pratap made by his own brothers succeeded and now in 2014, Pratap Songara is a business tycoon who has never been seen in public, as he operates from the walls of his unplottable castle.
Soon the remaining puzzles will unfurl and I request you to remain patient.
I believe in giving every character their story so I will be giving POV's of all the Suryavanshi brothers because it was their actions or inactions that have resulted in the current condition, so it is only right if I explain their motivations.

Joyness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Loving it...it is very different
Joyness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Loving it its very different