Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

AN 2: Thanks a bunch for all those who reviewed. I would like to apologize as I could not PM to some of my readers as IF decided that there was a limit to the no of PM's I could send being a new member.

Also for those concerned about Praja, I 'll say only one thing.

This story is a different one having multiple facets. Praja is only a part of it because I believe in giving every character their story.

Thus it won't simply adhere to Pratap, Ajabde or Phool. Every character, hero or villain will have their part. Even Hukum Singh though dead had played an important role resulting in the current condition of the Rajput Community.

Many things are hidden and not even Pratap has all the cards.

So just patiently follow the story.

As of now Pratap and Ajabde's story will be showed in flashbacks only. For they had met in 2004, if you guys have paid attention, and presently it is 2014 and Pratap is 32 years old.

CHAPTER 5

Panna Dhai was a unique woman was what Krishnaa decided as she stared at the stooping old woman wipe the large life size portrait with a grace which was generally unseen in someone approaching their nineties.

Panna Dhai apparently valued the portrait more than her life, was a fact quite well known in Kherwa. That the only way she would allow it to be taken away from her was when she would have departed to the realm of the dead. Perhaps not even than.

Be it may, she refused to be parted from it and didn't allow anyone to even touch it. Six years earlier she had acquired it and since than worshipped it. Every evening she would drag her old bones to the bathroom and cleaning up properly, she would carefully dust the portrait.

Even being her adopted ward, Krishnaa didn't have an exemption to the rule and no matter how many times she asked her foster mother's words remained the same.

"When the time is right, you'll know. Now go and do your work".

All in all despite the jeers or the ridicules she faced at her weird obsession with the portrait, she let nothing faze her. Indifferent she went on with her routine.

So it was quite surprising when one morning she went to greet her mother, she saw her mother sitting on the bed a smile on her decrepit face.

"Panna Dhai what has happened?" Krishnaa enquired at her mother's weird actions.

Her mother looked up at her a crooked smile on her face, which made her look almost younger, Krishnaa realised.

Panna Dhai reached out for her young daughter.

She gently laid a hand on her head.

"Do you want to see the portrait child?"

Krishnaa was shocked.

In the all the years she had been with her mother, she had never once allowed her to glimpse the features hidden behind the purple drape.

Finally at a chance to solve the hidden mystery, the twenty one year old nodded eagerly.

Her mother slowly rose and walked towards the portrait. Beckoning her, she slowly reached out to the drapes and with surprising strength pulled them down.

Krishnaa froze.

A young man stared out of the painted canvas.

His dark hair curled up in the edges framed his strong aristocratic jaw and a straight aquiline nose. His lips were thin, but welcoming curved into an uneven smile.

But what arrested her thoughts were his eyes.

Dark and deep. That was the impression that first came into mind looking at those hypnotising pair of eyes.

Despite being painted on they didn't look lifeless. A myriad of emotions graced those eyes. From joy to grief, love to hate. Concern and care with anger and fierceness.

Mesmerising and unique yet unable to hide the feral edge to them.

That was when a realisation hit her.

The person in the portrait was a predator. A hunter. Someone who could wipe away lives at a blink of an eye if he wished to.

Yet no matter how dangerous they felt Krishnaa felt safer just looking at the portrait.

It was as if she had seen those eyes before. They felt comforting, familiar.

Where had she seen them?

It was then when a memory came back to her.

FLASHBACK

The fifteen year old girl on the cusp of maidenhood ran through the woods in evident haste.

Her long hair had long ago left her carefully tied bun giving her a harried look. Her once beautiful red salwar was tattered, torn in multiple places, the dupatta long gone.

Her face was wet with tears and screwed with panic at her predicament.

She stumbled over an estranged branch and felt herself fall onto the damp muddy ground.

She breathed in the cool damp smell of the soil and coughed wiping her face as she staggered up holding a blackened tree for support.

Turning back she glanced rapidly at the empty path taking in huge gulps of air.

A sob broke through her as tears welled up her eyes.

What wrong had she done for which God was punishing her? She had simply because she had rejected the lecherous advances of Rao Surtan Singh Chauhan, the self proclaimed king of Bundi.

A bitterness rose in her.

This was Rajputana where women were supposed to be respected and prized. Yet even then rotten eggs like Rao Surtan existed preying on helpless women who couldn't do anything to fight his or his offending advances.

It was then when she heard the crack of a branch being stepped.

She whirled around in shock and immediately cursed herself.

She had been so busy in her pity party that she had missed those bas***ds sneaking on her.

The leader goon gave her a wide lecherous grin showing his bad teeth.

"So finally ran out of fire did you pretty little flower?" Garjan Singh leered at her slowly inching closer step by step.

She backed away holding up her hand.

"Don't, D- Don't come near me. Stay where you are. I mean it. Don't. Stop. Stop you hellish man. Stop. I said stop."

Garjan Singh gave her no mind, his grin widening as he ran his eyes down her slender form, licking his lips. Young girls were his best preference.

The girl gave a whimper as finally slammed onto a hard surface. A tree.

She was trapped with nowhere to go. A whimper rose to her lips as her will crumbled, her fear returning tenfold.

She was done for now.

As she slowly realised her bleak future, she suddenly felt the wind change.

Her father a fellow forest and animal lover had made sure to teach her how to sense the footsteps and gait of approaching animals.

Her brows furrowed.

It didn't feel like any animal.

Garjan Singh stood very close to her now. She could smell the sour taste of sweat littering his body and his stale breath.

It was closer. She could sense the footsteps stop right outside the clearing.

Garjan Singh raised a hand reaching out for her.

The next second was a blur.

Her eyes were closed and so first she had heard the soft click and next second Garjan Singh gave a pained yelp.

A few more clicks followed, succeeded by moans and cries.

Finally it was silent.

Trembling she slowly opened an eye.

A massacre met her sight.

Garjan Singh and his goons lay on the ground bullet wounds all over their body, the red liquid of life gushing out in an alarming speed.

It was then as a sigh of relief escaped her she sensed the other presence.

A cloaked man stood in front of her. Towering over her, her mind provided at a height of really six feet or more.

He stalked towards her with the grace of a predator of the night.

When he came closer she could see the glint of metallic silver in his hands and a black mask on his face.

Only his dark eyes remained visible.

She stood transfixed staring at those onyx orbs. Turbulent yet calm. A typhoon waiting to be released.

Then he spoke.

"Are you alright?"His voice was firm and low, with a husky quality in it.

"Y-yes," she stammered out. "Thank you. I- I am Krishnaa. T-Thanks a l-lot. I owe you my life."

Her masked saviour gave her a nod.

"Follow me. I will take you to your home."

"Wait!" Krishnaa exclaimed as he turned to leave. "What is your name?"

The saviour cocked his head and turned to stare at her.

His dark eyes glinted.

"My name is of no consequence. But..." he considered, "you may call me Sakhaveer."

FLASHBACK ENDS

Krishnaa gasped as understanding filled her.

She turned her startled eyes to her smiling mother.

"Sakhaveer! Its him. You know him?"

Panna Dhai gave her an impish smile.

"Sakhaveer he maybe for you. But for me and the world he is the oncoming of change."

Krishnaa was confused not to mention bewildered.

"What do you mean? Who is Sakhaveer?" her excitement at finally knowing the identity of her saviour making her impatient.

Panna Dhai ignored her. "For years he had laid down quietly working in the background, pulling the strings from the dark, biding his time. But now the moment has come. Finally the lion shall emerge from his den."

"Who are you talking about? Krishnaa snapped irritated.

Panna Dhai looked at her daughter with joyous eyes.

"Once upon a time Baujiraj Pratap Singh Suryavanshi, heir to the Suryavanshi Empire. Now Pratap Songara Singh Suryavanshi, the ruler of Songara Empire. Or in other words," Panna Dhai smirked, "Sakhaveer the guardian of Rajputana. Your saviour."

Edited by mistofshadows - 9 years ago
anjoriii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i like the way it is proceeding ^_^
i loved it...<3 <3
superb!! :D

sorry, i don't have much time nowadays because of school...will try to give a bigger comment next time :)

-Anjori <3 
my_angel... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
πŸ‘awsum
i like the way it is proceeding!!!!!!!!!
i loved it...
superb!!
eagerly waiting continue soon😊
Joyness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Really very good. ..each character well etched
anjystar thumbnail
nice one !! plz update soon !!! waiting for the flashback !!!
deeptiya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
oh god..😲...i am really amazed...πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ.. what a perspective...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘... really loved it...πŸ˜›,,,,,,,,,,,simply amazing...πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ...loved it,,,,,,,,,,,, u added a new angle ...πŸ˜›... congo...keep on writing and proceed with the awesome story,,,,,,,,,,,,πŸ˜›... eagerly waiting for the next part...
mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

CHAPTER 6

Ajabde Panwar raced across the dim hallways of the Panwar mansion. She stumbled as she turned across a sharp turning. A sharp pain rose up her limbs. Pulling up her skirts she limped across the landing and ducked under the tapestry reaching her rooms.

She opened the doors and slipped inside her safe heaven and turned to close the doors when a hand closed around the hinges and threw them open. Ajabde froze staring at those dark eyes which roved at her slender form.

"Go away", she spun around and walked across the room further away from his looming presence. "It is not proper for you to come into a woman's private chambers when she is alone."

She tried her best to keep her voice firm to let him know that she was serious with her decision. He had to go away. The sooner he went the better. Or God knows how long she would be able to pretend.

The doors slammed close and bolted with a click.

So attuned she was to his presence that without even seeing she could sense his determined strides towards her. She trembled with both fear and anticipation.

"Ajabde..."

Her composed dam broke at the plea in his voice. How she wished it was not so complicated. How she wished there weren't so many obstacles in their happiness. She steeled herself. She had to do it.

"Why did you come back? You shouldn't have done it. Go away."

A mocking laugh granted her words. She stilled. He wasn't supposed to act like this. He was always so calm, so reasonable, understanding. Than...

A strong hand grasped at her elbows and whirled her around.

Dark eyes glittered in utmost fury.

"Why did I come back? Because I couldn't keep myself away from you" he retorted harshly. "You don't have any idea how hard it was for me. Every time I tried to forget you, you slip into my mind destroying every shred of peace I had. I hadn't been able to concentrate in any of my works. I couldn't even manage to design a successful takeover, all the time your presence distracting and diverting me from anything I tried to do. I close my eyes, and your smile fills up my mind. I look at another woman, your face flashes through my eyes. All the time you were there taunting and teasing me like the forbidden fruit I couldn't touch. Do you know how frustrating it is? And you tell me to go away."

Ajabde stared at him in shock. In the whole time she had known him, he had never looked this battered and tired.

"Pratap..." she raised her hand gently touching his arm.

The very next second she found herself trapped against the wall by his muscular hands against his taut frame. His eyes blazed as he looked at her sending a familiar heat coursing through her veins bringing with it an undeniable longing.

"Leave me alone." She put out a hand to ward him off. He stayed silent watching her with unfathomable eyes as he gently turned her hand and dropped a kiss on her palm.

A searing heat went through her. Her resolve crumbled. The next moment she was in his arms, his hands entangled in her long mane, her head tipped back as strong lips descended on her soft ones.

This kiss was different.

The previous kisses he had bestowed upon her had always been soft and exquisitely sweet evoking a yearning in her.

But this kiss was desperate. It was as if all his self control had fled and the calm cultured mask he wore had evaporated leaving a raw feral being in its stead. Hot lips left burning imprints on her cheeks, her eyelids and her forehead as he kissed her with the same desperation with which a man drank the first drops of water he finds after a long trek in a desert.

And as suddenly it began, it stopped.

He stepped back dislodging himself from the embrace and stared at her undisguised longing in his eyes.

Ajabde raised her brown eyes to look at his glaring ones her hand reaching to her chest trying to calm her racing heart.

It wasn't supposed to be like this, she thought dazed as her brain caught up with the events and the ramifications of her own participation hit her. He would never believe in any of her excuses of not wanting him now.

"Listen and listen well Ajabde Panwar", his harsh voice broke through her daze. "Pratap Singh Suryavanshi never lets anyone take away what is his and you would do well to remember it. I love you Ajabde. I want you and nobody would be able to stop me from having you as my wife."

Ajabde felt her suppressed tears well up her eyes at his declaration. He had always shown her how much he prized her through his actions but it was the first time he had said it aloud.

But it wasn't enough, she realised, as fear gripped her. His father...

"Don't worry about Dajiraj," he countered as if he had read her thoughts. "As I said you will be my wife and not one, not even Dajiraj will be able to stop it."

Ajabde stared at him in shock. His eyes softened.

"I am going now Ajab but I will return with your baraat. I promise you that."

It was a long time before Ajabde moved from the position she had frozen herself into at his declaration. Slowly she walked forwards.

What had happened to the polite and considerable prince she knew who would kill himself before speaking a word against his father. What had happened to him?

He fell in love with you, her heart whispered. Love changes a person. It has changed him just like you.

But I am not in love, her mind protested, I haven't changed.

Oh really, her heart sniped back. Look into the mirror why don't you?

Without hesitation her mind guided her legs to stand in front of the mirror. Her eyes met her reflection and she stilled.

The mirror no more showed the prim and proper, soft speaking, gentle daughter of Rao Mamrakh Panwar. It showed a woman who had known love for her eyes depicted a want and need no one but one in love could profess.

Her mind was hit by a barrage of memories. Meeting him the first time, him slipping on cow dung, him teasing her, taunting her, making fun of her, giving her gifts on her birthday, looking at her awestruck when she had worn the dress he gave her, smiling at her, holding her, listening to her, loving her, kissing her.

Another set of memories replaced the previous ones. Him glaring at Kunwar Brij for holding her hand, holding her closing; his hard planes pressing into her soft frame, him broken, crying in grief his head placed on her lap, his furious eyes, his rough kisses.

A shiver ran through her as an epiphany hit her shocking her to the roots of her soul forcing those three dangerous words out of her lips.

"I love him."

The two man wearing black Armani's swiftly strode into the huge multi storied building housing the GeCone Ltd.

Without any hesitation in their gait they embarked to the reception.

"Yes sirs. What may I do for you?" the receptionist asked in her routine fake polite tone, masking her irritation as she looked up from her gossip manual, at the two suited men.

"We have appointment. 10:30 am," the man carrying a briefcase replied.

Putting on another fake smile she started shifting through the appointment register and came upon the evidence of the claim. She froze in shock.

There in bold letters glinted - 10:30 am; Songara Industries.

The receptionist gulped glancing up at the two men in a different light, her mind whirring up into thousands of possibilities.

"Of course sirs. Please wait a moment; I will just ring you up."

Quickly she dialled the intercom tapping her fingers impatiently.

"What?" a rough voice barked through the phone.

"Sir your 10:30 is here. It is the S..."

"Just send them up."

"But sir it is the ..."

"Do what I am telling you" her boss countered harshly. "And since when do you ring me before appointments. If they have it, let them come up."

She paused shaking her head at her boss's pigheadedness.

"Yes sir. Right away sir" she sighed.

Disconnecting she looked up at the two devils in front of her.

"Fifth floor, 1st cabin sirs. Mr Vancroft is waiting for you. Good day to you sirs."

The men nodded and marched towards the elevators. A grin unfurled on the receptionists face. Looks like their miser boss was going to reap a lesson today.

A knock broke the stillness of the cabin. Heaving a sigh at the interruption, Castor Vancroft burned out his expensive cigar in the ashtray.

"Come in."

Two men marched into the glass cabin. Without waiting for direction or permission the one with the briefcase sat down in front of him while the other locked the cabin door and drew the blinds.

"W-What are you...?"

"Sit down Mr Vancroft," the seated man ordered him as his companion sat withdrawing a piece of paper from his pockets.

"Arthur Floyd. Age 39. Appearance average height, slight limp on his left leg, greying hair, hazel eyes. Family wise single. Harvard graduate. Former GeCone employee current Songara assistant to Administrative Director. Other livelihood- spy."

The GeCone owner paled. He felt a shiver run through him. His ruse was up.

"I will do anything, a-anything you want. M-Money, flats, cars, anything" he snivelled as he felt his doom approaching him.

The man on his right smirked. "Good. Don't worry. We won't be demanding your company, money, flats, and cars nor bankrupting you."

Castor sweated at the smug looks on their faces.

"What do you want then?"

The man opened the briefcase and took out a laptop. Opening it he typed a programme.

It whirred for a few seconds before an image flickered. The man gave a respectful nod and turned the laptop to sweating man.

Mr Castor Vancroft gulped as he felt his own trap closing in on him as his eyes chanced on the man staring out of the laptop screen.

The Video Conference button whirred.

"Good morning Mr Vancroft. I thought it is time we had a talk about our oncoming joint venture" the man in the screen spoke in a soft cultured voice that did not hide the clandestine threat of consequences of not following his orders.

Mr Vancroft choked in his own saliva. There was no mistake in the face staring out through the screen. He was quite well known in the business world as the Typhoon.

"By the way, I am Pratap Songara. A pleasure to meet you."

Castor Vancroft, the sly cunning businessman known for his underhanded techniques fainted.

Edited by mistofshadows - 9 years ago
anjoriii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
confusing much ...
i just hope this confusion gets clear soon :)
by the way...mind blowing update ^_^
loved it <3 <3
thanks for the PM and do update soon...will be waiting !! :D
anjystar thumbnail
awesme !!!! waiting for more !!
deeptiya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
hey niki...(hope i can call u by this name)..😊..nice one...πŸ‘..