Posted: 9 years ago
Hello to all MP fans.
I am Niki Borah and it is a pleasure to meet all of you.
While I am new to the forum, I've been watching MP since it started, and one day all of a sudden I came upon some os and ff.
This spiked my interest in writing a fanfic on my favourite historical drama.
However I would like to warn all of you that it will be set in modern India and while I won't make much changes in the characters, some slight layers of grey will definitely be added.
I welcome any advice or support or criticism from the readers.
Also since I am from NE, I have a very meagre idea about Rajput traditions and stuff, especially marriage traditions.
If anyone out here has knowledge on any of the above mentioned topics please send me a PM.
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS.

INDEX (Thread 1)

Prologue - Page 1
Chapter 1 - Page 2
Chapter 2 - Page 2
Chapter 3 - Page 3
Chapter 4 - Page 4
Chapter 5 - Page 5
Chapter 6 - Page 6
Chapter 7 - Page 6
Chapter 8 - Page 7
Chapter 9 - Page 9
Chapter 10 - Page 10
Chapter 11 - Page 10
Chapter 12 - Page 11
Chapter 13 - Page 13
Chapter 14 - Page 13
Chapter 15 - Page 15
Chapter 16 - Page 16
Chapter 17 - Page 18
Chapter 18 - Page 20
Chapter 19 - Page 21
Chapter 20 - Page 22

Thread 2 :  http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4292397#p118730074
Edited by mistofshadows - 9 years ago
Welcome to the forum waiting for you ff
Hiii Niki, I'm Anosha 😊
Welcome to the forum 😊 😊
Do continue soon. Would love to read your FF!!
hello!! ...
welcome to d forum... ...
waiting for ur ff

Fanfic - OBSCURED FATE

PROLOGUE

The Rajputs were a proud clan of people, taking immense pleasure and satisfaction in being known and respected far and wide for their nobility and bravery.

This pride undiluted had travelled through successive generations as inheritance as even centuries later; as once rising kingdoms have blended to form a democratic India; the Rajputs are far from different. The swords of death changed to deadly guns, Palaces gave way to Mansions. The chariots changed to latest cars and limos but the pride; remained exactly the same.

The majority holders of almost all of the financial reins of Indian economy, these Rajputs established themselves as a separate class of people- the Aristocracy.

Then again it is quite well known that two lions can never rule a forest together. And thus we hit upon the first snag in this supposedly invincible community.

The most powerful Rajput dynasties, the Suryavanshi's and the Rathore's hold up true to their ancestor's; the Mewari's and the Marwari's respectively, by being true to the blood feud between them. The long standing enmity between these two families with increasing influence as a whole disrupted the whole community.

Years passed by the heads of the families at loggerheads.  But one action of the present head of the Suryavanshi family sent the fragile peace to the fiery pits of hell.

Rana Udai Singh Suryavanshi went and married the woman whom Rao Maldev Singh Rathore, the head of the Rathore family wanted to marry.

Rana Udai Singh Suryavanshi's controversial marriage with Virbai Jhali worked as the flick of a matchstick near a petrol pump and soon this led to a bloody fight between the two families.

However fortunately the war of blood ended a few years later but sparked the start of a cold war between the two dynasties.

And thus the Suryavanshi Empire and Rathore Enterprises came to being.

While the Rajputs tried their best to keep the disputes inside the community, and talked only inside the four walls of their homes, the stone and brick walls themselves took upon a skill of developing ears as soon these secrets reached those determined to exploit the Rajputs and the Indian economy.

Unexpected attacks came upon the Rajputs be it sudden deaths or financial ruins all manipulated by a clandestine figurehead no one knew about.

Fortunately despite being egoistical to point of blindness, the Rajputs were fiercely protective of their community and so at the face of such threats, with much hesitation an alliance was proposed between the two most powerful Rajput families.

What no one knew that one simple suggestion by a lowly maid to her mistress would lead to the joining of two people utterly different from each other in the most sacred of all vows. No one knew that a tale of heart wrenching love and pain would become the shield of the Rajputs.

Alas no mortal can ever understand the wheels of destiny as future is always Obscured Fate.

AN(1) : Hello to all my readers. It is my first updated chapter and I would love it you guys would leave some reviews for me.

Moving on if anyone would like a PM whenever a chapter is updated please mention it in the reviews.

Also I had to make much changes in names of some characters, especially the surnames which will be visible in coming chapters keeping in mind to use only Rajput titles.

Thank you to all those who reviewed and I would like to quote my request for help in understanding Rajput traditions of which I know a very little amount of.

its really a gud start...update soon nd also send me pm..😊
omg!! its too good!! ...
do continue...
It's just out of the world!!
you are an awesome writer!!!!
i totally loved it <3 <3
amazing...please continue soon and do PM me ^_^

CHAPTER - 1

Heaving breaths broke the silence of the woods. The dark night witnessed a short statured, stubby figure running through the muddy ground more often than not stumbling at an obstacle.

The figure glanced back to determine any other human being. None.

Stumbling he hit a tree and gasping fell down as his trembling legs gave away. With the air of someone hunted the figure gave a pitiful aura of fear and cowardice. Glancing around the figure stopped short at a small grove of trees. Without wasting another second the figure shrouded by the night, dove into the shelter.

Hukum Singh thanked the Almighty repeatedly for providing him a shelter to rest his weary self. Honestly running around for more than 12 hours was not something high up his list. But than again as they say, you reap what you sow and such Hukum Singh sat cursing his stupidity of accepting such a dangerous mission repeatedly.

Honestly what convinced him to accept the darn thing, he grumbled. Immediately the beautiful check of 2 crores came into mind. Right, his mind perceived, he was a greedy little fellow; and stupid too, his heart added summing up the current situation.

Hukum Singh groaned as the happenings of the past few hours flashed across his mind eye and it was then he made the most sensible decision of his entire life.

If he ever survived the day, he promised to himself, he would never again step foot in this wretched place, no matter the reward.

No money or luxury in the whole world, he realised, was worth being the object of His fury and hunted by his Hunters.

Time crawled at snail's pace.

The watch showed a perfect twelve when he slowly moved out of his hideout. Praying to every God he knew, slowly he edged out of his sanctuary keeping his ear open for the slightest indication of any other presence. His eyes trailed the empty trek devoid of any footprints other than his own.

A feeling of overwhelming relief spread through him. He was safe. The Hunters were not that experts after all. It was all a ruse about them being avengers. Stupid, that was what it was.

As his confidence in himself renewed, he carefully started making his way through the trek.

"Soon, soon", he muttered to himself. Soon he would give the information he was paid to bring and be free of all these. He had enough wealth from his previous jobs, quite enough to travel far, far away from India. Brazil maybe. Or Australia. Hawaii was good too that time of the year. Maybe he would...

A sharp sting on the left side of his neck made him stop. Grumbling at horrible insects he raised a hand to swat it away when his fingers encountered a metal object reaching to his neck instead of any insect.

Trembling hands brought the object in front of him, the moonlight glinting off the steel wings and the shiny needle.

A Dart.

As his mind reached the horrifying conclusion he felt the sensation of heat travelling from his neck.

Next second he was on fire.

The sharp pain triggered a paralytic response as his legs weakened and he fell backwards skidding on the stones. He doubled up as an extreme tremor shook through his body.

Help, he thought desperately, his voice seemingly disappearing.

A shadow fell over him. Slowly he glanced up.

A black cloak swished into view as a hooded figure came closer.

The last thought before he lost consciousness was that forget Hawaii or any other place, he would never ever be able to see any place other than India ever again.

A tiny sliver of moonlight illuminated the expanse of the huge suite.

The dark interiors gave an effect of immediate caution underlined with hints of danger as a swift breeze blew through the open window.

A man sat behind the pine desk littered with various scripts of papers, diagrams and files, most of them titled Confidential', his attention on the Laptop in front of him.

With deft slender fingers he typed soundlessly and efficiently and finally hit the send' button.

With a sigh he leaned back to his chair.

A moment of silence, calm and peaceful followed.

The very next second the peaceful solitude was broken by the beep of a cell phone. Without relaxing his posture the man plucked the mobile from the desk.

Swiftly scrolling down the menu he came upon a message.

Everything stilled.

A smirk lit across the thin lips and next second the man threw the phone against the wall destroying it from further use.

With the grace of a sleek predator the man got up from his desk and walked towards the open window.

The breeze gently ruffled his dark hair mussing up their ordered manner. Dark onyx eyes glinted in the moonlight.

"As I promised my love, I shall protect Rajput Community till my last breathe. Only for you Ajabde. Only for you. No matter the consequences or the means."

Too good dear please continue