Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
This is such a shame if true. She talked about protecting her dignity and what not. Now she will quote a price for her dignity? Pathetic!!

I knew something was fishy when she left for the US for a month immediately after lodging the complaint. I mean she's not working right now, what makes her so super busy all of a sudden? It appears like she wanted to give the Wadias enough time to think and propose an out of court settlement. That's exactly what is reported to be happening.

I still hope this news is false and that she fights for her dignity. Because it is really going to be a lot of bad press for her if she drops the case after creating a furore.
ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: blue-ice

And u think she didn't know all this before filing that complaint??She took 3 weeks to file this complaint ...do u think that no one advised her and she has been with Ness for 5 years...do u think she didn't know what they can do...Come on Vedu Bhaiya...u know...she knew all this...u don't think she is that stupid...do ya?? 

Can anyone still blame the people who will now speculate that she did it for money or whatever??

Well yes what you say has point but way Ness is rushing things clearly shows he was at fault and what he did was horrendous and bad...

What Preity did might have had a selfish motive but I still think her going for out-of-court settlement will only give her a secure monetary future. Its better than going door to door, without any support for 12 years for getting justice, which in this country one rarely gets especially when it comes to cases dealing with powerful man.
Edited by GundayVedant - 9 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ponymo

This is such a shame if true. She talked about protecting her dignity and what not. Now she will quote a price for her dignity? Pathetic!!

I knew something was fishy when she left for the US for a month immediately after lodging the complaint. I mean she's not working right now, what makes her so super busy all of a sudden? It appears like she wanted to give the Wadias enough time to think and propose an out of court settlement. That's exactly what is reported to be happening.

I still hope this news is false and that she fights for her dignity. Because it is really going to be a lot of bad press for her if she drops the case after creating a furore.

See if she had made this complaint on the same day to the police...people would give her the benefit of the doubt that ...oh she was distraught and shocked and she didn't know what she was getting into...but 3 weeks after...consulting her lawyers and well wishers...u make a complaint knowing very well what u are doing...I mean she can't stop people from badmouthing her now...
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Out of court settlements happen quite a lot. It doesn't mean the accuser is wrong. Not everyone wants to go through the long tough process of court, and that too relying on the outcome when the defendants have all the contacts, lawyers, power and money. Preity gave her statement that she's doing this for her own safety and well being. Even if she goes for the settlement, this forces Ness to think thrice before behaving the way he did with her
She gets what she wanted, if he is smart he will not easily and casually treat her the way he's been doing. And if she plans on keeping her stake in the team, that's important as she will be in his vicinity often. 
Edited by KhatamKahani - 9 years ago
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
what would that settlement be? please don't tell me he will pay her money or something for what he did...I would lose a big amount of respect for preity that way
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: GundayVedant

Well yes what you say has point but way Ness is rushing things clearly shows he was at fault and what he did was horrendous and bad...

What Preity did might have had a selfish motive but I still think her going for out-of-court settlement will only give her a secure monetary future. Its better than going door to door, without any support for 12 years for getting justice, which in this country one rarely gets especially one it comes to cases dealing with powerful man.

Ya i get that point...but then it looks bad when u are talking about a woman's dignity and then settle for money..
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
It's one thing to file the complaint but the kind of backlash she has faced. All the shaming and questioning her basic right as the citizen of India. I am sure nothing could have prepared her for that . The fact that 100s of eye-witnesses are not testifying. Police haven't bothered to question Ness about this yet. The case even before fully read was dismissed as an ex-lovers tiff and is being considered as frivolous. 
 It won't be held against her if she back out. there is so much you can take. the person who should pursue this is Ness . If he wants to get the clean chit as he otherwise claims to have. I doubt a tycoon can be so benevolent and let an allegation go without it's consequences. 
Still , i think these are all speculations, she might stick around and fight it . Shouldn't be taken so seriously. 
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Zinta has welcomed bad press for herself by doing this!

I am believing De's column now..she is on road to isolation (industry wise)

Edited by koiza.k - 9 years ago
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: charminggenie

It's one thing to file the complaint but the kind of backlash she has faced. All the shaming and questioning her basic right as the citizen of India. I am sure nothing could have prepared her for that . The fact that 100s of eye-witnesses are not testifying. Police haven't bothered to question Ness about this yet. The case even before fully read was dismissed as an ex-lovers tiff and is being considered as frivolous. 

It won't be held against her if she back out. there is so much you can take. the person who should pursue this is Ness . If he wants to get the clean chit as he otherwise claims to have. I doubt a tycoon can be so benevolent and let an allegation go without it's consequences. 
Still , i think these are all speculations, she might stick around and fight it . Shouldn't be taken so seriously. 

Reminds me of the Jessica Lal case.  
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
What about Ness then? Why is he settling if he did nothing of the sort? The negative perception of settlement goes both ways.