Utter lies: Ness Wadia on Preity Zinta's sexual molestation complaint

Posted: 9 years ago

Utter lies and baseless allegations: Ness Wadia on Preity's sexual molestation complaint

June 13, 2014 PINKVILLA

Businessman Ness Wadia has claimed that the sexual molestation allegations made against him by ex-girlfriend Preity Zinta are false.

"I am shocked at the complaint and the allegations made against me are totally false and baseless," Wadia told Times Now.

He further told the news channel "It is disgusting that she would stoop to this level for media attention."

As earlier reported, Preity filed a complaint at the Marine Drive police station in Mumbai. In her complaint she claims that Wadia molested, abused and threatened her inside Wankhede stadium in south Mumbai on May 30, during the IPL match between Chennai Super Kings and Kings XI Punjab.

She stated that during the match, while in the Garware Pavilion, Wadia came up to her, grabbed and pulled her and also used abusive words.

Preity was out of the city for some time and filed the complaint on Thursday as soon as she came back.

Wadia dismissed the claims saying she was surrounded by bouncers at the time.

"Utter lies and baseless allegations. She's surrounded by bouncers. How could I molest Preity Zinta," he told TV channels.

Following Preity's complaint an FIR was registered against Wadia under IPC sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman).

Preity and Wadia, who are co-owners of IPL teams Kings XI Punjab, ended their five year relationship in 2011.

CREDIT: TIMES NOW
Edited by ablazedmelody - 9 years ago
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/cover-story/What-a-Ness-Preity-files-molestation-case-against-her-ex-flame/articleshow/36508707.cms
Sensational falling out at IPL Match at Wankhede

In a police complaint filed on Thursday night, Preity has alleged that Ness touched her inappropriately in full public view and hurled abuses at her during the play-off between Punjab and Chennai.

Actress and Kings XI Punjab owner Preity Zinta has accused her ex-boyfriend industrialist Ness Wadia of sexually harassing her at an Indian Premier League game in Mumbai late last month. 

In a complaint lodged at the Marine Drive police station on Thursday night before she left for the US, Preity has alleged that Ness not only touched her inappropriately in full public view, he also hurled abuses at her. 

The incident occurred in the Garware Pavilion at Wankhede stadium during the play-off between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings on May 30. 

According to Preity's complaint, Ness, who was her business partner and a co-owner of Kings XI Punjab before a fallout between the two in 2009, turned aggressive when he tried to speak to her and was coldshouldered. "Ness held me by my arm and tried to pull me towards him. When I resisted, he began abusing me," the actress has said in the complaint. 

When some of Preity's friends and team officials intervened, Ness abused them too. "Even when he was dragged away, he kept screaming and threatening me," she has said. 

Preity and Ness were one of business-Bollywood's most-talked-about couples for nearly five years. She was then still a Bollywood A-lister and he was seen to be being prepped to take over the Wadia group's mantle from his father Nusli Wadia. 

Preity took a three-year break from films to focus on cricket, believing that now that she was on her way to becoming a Wadia bahu, it would be more appropriate for her to be well versed in the matters of business. As a result, her Hindi film career ended prematurely. 

The relationship soured when Ness's mother, socialite Maureen Wadia, openly expressed her disapproval of her son's choice of partner. Preity's friends said she believed that Ness did not say or do enough to protect her. 

As they drifted apart, a close friend of the actress said, Preity was devastated by the break-up. What rankled her most was that everyone assumed that Ness had gifted her a flat and that it was his money that had been used to buy the cricket franchise. But the fact was that she had invested a large part of her earnings into the team and also a lot of her time. 

In an interview to the Times of India (April 17, 2012), Preity was quoted as saying that she and Ness continued to be friends. "But we are not best friends. We don't talk to each other everyday because that's weird! I'm sure if something went wrong he would stand by me and vice-versa but there's nothing more than that." 

But much seems to have changed between then and now. Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravindra Shisve on Friday night confirmed Preity's complaint of sexual harassment against Ness. "An FIR has been registered and investigations are on," he said. 

The Marine Lines police are yet to approach Ness for his statement. He has been booked under various section of the IPC dealing with sexual harassment, intentional insult, criminal intimidation, and outraging a woman's modesty. 
bombay is dyeing 

neways, my gut says Preity is lying. 
Hmm Ness doesn't seem to be over Preity yet...
And if there are witnesses then he sure is in trouble...
Preity usually has stood in the past for things that were wrong... So I do believe her in this... The incident described seems that it's possible, it's not like he forced himself sexually on her...
 Sounds like this happened with a lot of people around in a marquee. 

So I will wait for witnesses. 

Also may 30th, why so long and people hushed about the incident. 

It should have been in every blind item till kingdom come that proliferates HERE. 

If others witnessed the incident they will talk about it. May 30th was his birthday. He might have been high or drunk. I wouldn't be surprised.
Ness Wadia has quickly responded to serious sexual allegations made by ex-girlfriend and business partner, Preity Zinta as "utter lies".
Earlier this evening, it emerged that Zinta had filed a complaint at a Mumbai police station claiming Wadia had molested, abused and threatened her inside Wankhede stadium during the Indian Premier League between their team Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings.
Talking to Times Now, Wadia said, "I am shocked at the complaint and the allegations made against me are totally false and baseless. It is disgusting that she would stoop to this level for media attention."
Wadia added that the actress-producer is surrounded by bouncers so this cannot be true. "Utter lies and baseless allegations. She's surrounded by bouncers. How could I molest Preity Zinta."
- See more at: http://www.media247.co.uk/showbiz/ness-wadia-brands-preity-zintas-sexual-allegations-utter-lies#sthash.8FJQOx53.dpuf
Edited by awesomegurti - 9 years ago
Media must be elated right now. 😆

I'm on Ness's side on this, it looks like Preity is seeking attention.
When is she ever a lone that he will have time to molest her? I call it B.S
Originally posted by Humsafar.

Media must be elated right now. 😆

media ki paancho ungliyaan ghee mein aur sir kadahi mein hoga right now🥱