Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: scorpio_bins

Being top, i didn't mean just no.1. Kareena was always in top league and was highest paid actress even when she was giving flops. Always in demand. But Rani's fall from grace was unprecedented. She just stopped getting high profile projects from 2007 and wasn't even in top 5 after that. 

Kareena was highest paid actress then? I always read it was Aishwarya Rai who was highest paid back then!

Rani was also in top 5 till 2007. 

Agreed her downfall was unprecedented after that but till then she did have a successful run, with acclaim, respect and popularity.
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

Well Rani ruined her own career by sticking with particular groups, and now Kareena is doing the same.

But Kareena was a risk-taker earlier and that's what added to her longetivity. After 3 Idiots she started making wrong and "safe" choices , and I think that's what has worked against her. Same with Preity who stuck to safe roles.

That's why I really like Aishwarya's career graph, its very underrated, I know she may not have had the most hits, but her quality of work and choices in movies/roles is a lot better, she made some good choices after her peak! And I believe that is the reason why she is still wanted to day. Only Aishwarya can reject a HNY and be content with it. Rani or Preity or anyone else would've jumped on that opportunity faster than your eyes blinking!
MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

Rani was also there in Filmfare, India today, Rediff and Outlook power lists at her peak.

Agree on her getting typecast and lack of glamour quotient. 

But hair skin etc. Make no difference. As an actress, Rani will be remembered more than Kareena. 

Rani also lacked tactics of making news with blabbermouth interviews. 

She also lacked PR Skills..she suddenly appeared out of nowhere around her film's release..basically she is dumber than kareena😆
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Critique Crusaders

]Kareena was highest paid actress then? I always read it was Aishwarya Rai who was highest paid back thenDIV]

They both were the highest paid, I think I read how Ash even got 10 crores for a movie once which was unheard of. Usually actress get between 5-8.

Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Kareena was highest paid actress then? I always read it was Aishwarya Rai who was highest paid back then!

Rani was also in top 5 till 2007. 

Agreed her downfall was unprecedented after that but till then she did have a successful run, with acclaim, respect and popularity.

In KWK episode with Rani and Kareena, Kjo said Kareena asked for enormous amount to do Kal Ho Na Ho. She lost the role, but others were paying that much for her. Maybe not as much as Ash but she was one of the highest paid despite being a newcomer and delivering lot of flops.  
MrChatVsNorway thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

They both were the highest paid, I think I read how Ash even got 10 crores for a movie once which was unheard of. Usually actress get between 5-8.

Well Rani was paid a whopping 4 crores for BABUL..back then it was the higesht,an actress could get..That's what I had read ..

Personally,I loved Tara rum pum..It's one of my Most fav movies..Hope I am not judged..😆 and she was gob smackingly spectacular in laga chunari mein daag though the film was crap..
atominis thumbnail
Sorry if I am mistaken but I have read about Kareena being highest paid only in recent years and not back then in mid 2000s. 
I agree Rani and Preity tried to stick to and oblige YRF and Dharma too much. They still readily agree to make fleeting appearances in redundant dance numbers for the same heroes and banners they had worked with earlier. Aishwarya is very exclusive in this regard, which is admirable quality.

Nowadays Kareena is making wrong movie choices and doing lame item numbers to appease Khans and Akki. 
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Critique Crusaders

Nowadays Kareena is making wrong movie choices and doing lame item numbers to appease Khans and Akki.[/DIV]

Exactly.

She can bounce back though, I am confident, but she need serious career help. A couple years ago I honestly thought that Kareena and Ash would be the pathbreakers for married/older women (who are mothers, etc) and they would retain their star status despite their martial status.

Its not 100% their fault, the industry also sucks in the fact that there is not much for senior actresses to do, but Kareena, Ash and Kajol did last a lot younger than other actresses who got married and vanished.
MrChatVsNorway thumbnail

Sorry if I am mistaken but I have read about Kareena being highest paid only in recent years and not back then in mid 2000s. 

I agree Rani and Preity tried to stick to and oblige YRF and Dharma too much. They still readily agree to make fleeting appearances in redundant dance numbers for the same heroes and banners they had worked with earlier. Aishwarya is very exclusive in this regard, which is admirable quality.

Nowadays Kareena is making wrong movie choices and doing lame item numbers to appease Khans and Akki. 

Please ,dont club rani with Preity..Rani is much more powerful and versatile than preity as an actress😊
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj.

She also lacked PR Skills..she suddenly appeared out of nowhere around her film's release..basically she is dumber than kareena😆

She also had that infamous fight with media during shooting of LCMD. Then lashed out at them even in a press conference which she gave around this incident.

What to talk of PR?

That incident made media draw their claws out against her. After that every other day they would announce she had started smoking, was consulting pundits to revive her career and she was nowhere in career anymore, how she had problems and fights with co stars and whatnot. 

She was either ignored or written badly about from then on.