Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago
i dont know, i was a kid at that time.
CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Popularity. Kareena is more popular than Rani. And look also. Kareena is more good looking than rani + slim figure.

More than anything else rani's loyality with YRF and adi killed her career.

And kareena never messed up her life for one man, one relationship or marriage. She was always open about her relationship whether its with shahid or saif and i think rani's relationship with adi affected her more.

Kareena was never dependent on PH and have friends in industry. She can call rohit and ask to caste her but i think last few years rani is with YRF and Dharma. Never bother to go out of it and make friends.Edited by White-Rose - 10 years ago
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Oh I have a lot to say, but right now I have a final so I'll say what I have to say later. lol
MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Becoz she fell in love with that old man and slowly withdrew herself from the media..she dint know how to sell herself and did 1 film a year which tanked...she is continuing doing the same..but nevertheless she is a superior actress than kareena and kank still remains one of the best films for me and BTW it was a hit in India and blockbuster overseas.ppl in India just cudnt digest the reality portrayed in the film Edited by raj. - 10 years ago
atominis thumbnail
I do not think one can say Rani was not popular. She was at peak in 2004-05 and even Aamir had said she had tremendous sway over the audience, comparing her to Madhuri Dixit. When NDTV showed Jai Jawan with Bollywood stars, most men would name Rani as their favorite.
I think association with YRF spoiled it for her. Who the hell would bother for movies like LCMD in this era?

KANK was not right for her image. It was widely panned for encouraging infidelity and insulting institution of marriage. Besides Rani was known for bubbly roles but she did those serious, depressed woman roles in KANK and LCMD, that must have put off audience.

From then on she was either not in news at all or in news only for controversies. 

At box office Rani has better record than Kareena. Kareena is diva type, she has not demonstrated box office pull of note.

I would also blame her for increasing her onscreen age by doing married/divorced/widowed woman/mummy type roles too soon and too often. Saathiya, Chalte chalte, Yuva, Hum Tum,KANK, Tara Rum Pum etc. In each movie she is married and victim of marital discord of some sort. How can one keep connected with youth then and not eventually come across like behenji?
Edited by atominis - 10 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Well, Kareena's filmography with Chameli, Dev, Omkara, Kurban is more versatile and interesting bc rani got stuck post-black with all those damsel in distress, Rona dhona type films.

Plus, Kareena has been constantly featured in film gates power list, influential, and has a great hair and fashion sense. So there's always been more publicity around her. Basically, YRF films doomed rani's career and the same is happening to Kareena bc she too has been playing it safe by working with her friends.
MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Rani has played everything from a prostitute to an angel!!Its just that her flops and association with yrf doomed her🤢
atominis thumbnail
Rani was also there in Filmfare, India today, Rediff and Outlook power lists at her peak.
Agree on her getting typecast and lack of glamour quotient. 

But hair skin etc. Make no difference. As an actress, Rani will be remembered more than Kareena. 

Rani also lacked tactics of making news with blabbermouth interviews. 
KATisKUEEN thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
bcoz she s short then kareena ðŸ˜†

no bt real ansL bebo is the best
prob best actor we hav in many yrs
Edited by KATisKUEEN - 10 years ago
Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: dazzelll

Well , Rani was at top of her game when Kareena was still trying to give a decent hit. Kareena primed much later with Jab we met, before that she was only giving one dud after the other.

Rani was started being considered in top league from Kuch kuch hota hai days. she actually had a typical actress career. Started out with small roles, had acting ability but kept giving duds like Bichhoo and wat not for few years. Then suddenly she got her big break from KKHH, she worked with all big directors and actors after that. Gave big hits, and then started giving duds with Paheli and kANK..that was her downfall. 

Kareena on the other hand, took forever to give one decent hit on her own. Yes she was appreciated in movies like chameli, but commercially she still hadnt prove herself. Actually i think kareena didnt stay on top as long as Rani did. She gave JWM and 3 idiots but right after gave RaOne which basically began her downfall too.

Ironically, both of these talented actresses started their downfall with Big budget srk movie.😆 And actually we can add Katrina to that list too..i think her downfall also started with Jab tak hai bakwas..may be it's the actor not the actresses😉😆

Being top, i didn't mean just no.1. Kareena was always in top league and was highest paid actress even when she was giving flops. Always in demand. But Rani's fall from grace was unprecedented. She just stopped getting high profile projects from 2007 and wasn't even in top 5 after that. Edited by scorpio_bins - 10 years ago