**SCARS** - SanDhir FF (CH6 - REAL FRESHERS PARTY; UPDATED @ PAGE 29)

Na1na thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Na1na thumbnail

Chapter 1
Premonition

She was here again.

Why? How did she reach this place? How did she always end up here?

She was here to fall. She was going to fall again. Like always.
But why? Why did she always fall down this cliff?

She didn't know.
She didn't want to fall. But she will. She knew that.
No.. Please. Someone help me. Someone save me.
Please.. She didn't want to fall.
Please..
She waited. No one came.
And now she knew... Things couldn't change now. 

She wouldn't look down. That made things scarier. And more painful.

She stood there. And as always... came the shove and...

NO!

Sanyukta sat up straight upright in her bed. She was gasping for breath. Her forehead was covered in sweat and it took her a moment to realize where she actually was.

Bed. Hostel. Safety.
No heights. No cliffs. No falling.
She took a deep steadying breath. Relief. Overwhelming relief was what she felt.

Gosh...This is ridiculous. What a great way to start the first day of college, she thought sourly. Damn you nightmare!
She reached for her cell phone. 6:35. Ten minutes before the bell.
Well.. at least she wouldn't be late today.

She stood up and pulled the curtains of her cubicle. The sun was already shining bright. It was a good day. Then why did she feel so...off? Because of that stupid haunting nightmare again, she made a face and looked around. Priyanka was still sleeping. Sneha was studying and Ishika and Tanvi were blow drying their hair.
Two more girls were yet to come.

Sanyukta smiled. It was so good to be back. Mount Carmel Academy, Dehradun was her home since she was in 5th standard. Though this was the college campus, entirely new to her, it was so similar to the school and Intermediate grounds and rooms that it hardly mattered. She loved this place and was glad that she passed the graduation course entrance and could continue here for college. She moved back inside her cubicle, the small area in this big dormitory which was her own. She looked at herself in the dressing table. Ugh. Why did she have to look like that every morning? Immediately she picked up the comb and started untangling her hair, when her gaze fell at the picture of hers with her mother. It was taken last year. How similar they look! She thought in disbelief. Like sisters. Same smiles, same hair, same face cut. She has better cheek bones though, a voice said inside her head. Sanyukta chuckled. She quickly picked up her clothes and toiletries and rushed to the bathroom before she had to wait in a queue.

Where the hell are those earrings?! Sanyukta was frantically searching for the earrings Ela had got her last week.

"Sanyukta? Sanyukta?!"

It was Priyanka. She appeared beside her out of nowhere, wrapped in a towel.
"Haan?"

"Tune meri wo blue frock dekhi hai? The one with lacy hands? You remember I wore them last year to that film... Dhoom 3? Have you seen it?"
"Umm.. no." Frankly, she didn't even remember what she wore to that film herself.
"I had thrown it right there. On the empty bed beside yours, last night. Aise kaise gaayab ho sakta hai?"

"Pata nhi yaar. Look in the dorm closet. Someone might have put it there."
"Oh. Yeah okay."

First days were always like this. Everyone wanted to look their best and do things perfectly. But this year the girls were going crazy. Tanvi couldn't find a pair of her red pumps. Ishika was looking for some hair spray or something and Sneha was searching for her reference book.
Must be the excitement of being college students, Sanyukta thought.

"Yes!" she got her earrings. She checked herself in the mirror. Peach, light top. Blue jeans. Black bow flats. Hair tied up. Ready.

Just then the warning bell rang. Priyanka had thankfully got her dress. Sanyukta started looking for Tanvi's shoe.

"Tu yaha hai.."

"Yeah we were looking for you everywhere.'

Tamanna and Elakshi were standing there looking the prettiest as always. Tami was wearing a yellow short summer dress and Ela was wearing a knee-length light green jumpsuit. And though they were both fairly tall, they were in killer heels.
"Wow! You guys look great!" All the guys in the assembly hall were looking at them. Tami waved to a few of them and Ela smiled at some.
"Yeah.. Tu bhi theek lag rhi hai.. par aaj ke liye thoda aur dressy ho sakti thi.." Tami commented.
Sanyukta merely smiled. "Haan! College ka pehla din roz roz thodi aata hai!" Ela said.

"Guys.. tum dono ko MCA me aaye hue do saal hue hai.. main yahan 8 years se hoon. I have had a zillion first days. And lets sit.. Tum dono ke saath main Plain Jane lag rhi hoon." Sanyukta chuckled.
"Yeah.. But only you can pull off the plain Jane look!" Tami nudged her.

"You all may now be seated" said Professor Dutta's voice from the intercom. They had just done their routine morning prayer. All the students sat down on the several rows of breakfast tables.

"Did you hear about Pr. Rastogi? He was caught drinking during the 10th Exam Invigilation duty!"
"Really??! OMG!" Tami, Ela were having an animated conversation with Naitik and the other guys. They were all sitting together. Sanyukta would have joined the conversation if she didn't feel so...low. What was it? She tried prodding herself. She was feeling strangely anxious. Like something was about to happen. Like something was going to happen to her. Why? The only time she had felt like this was when she knew she was going to fail in the Maths paper. But now the results were out. All was good. Then why? Why was she having this premonition?

Edited by Na1na - 10 years ago
Na1na thumbnail

------------------------------------------------------------------------
So guys.. here it is.. the beginning.
I don't know why I wanted to do Hindi dialogues, in a story basically written in English. So don't ask me that. This school, Mount Carmel Academy is a piece of my imagination. It has classes from 5th to 10th.. then Junior college or intermediate. And also Graduation in various streams. I know it sounds a little too much. But that's what was inside my head.. so..
The characters and their entire world is based in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.

This just an introduction to the surroundings and the environment of the story. The story is yet to begin actually..

Please do comment and tell me whether you guys liked it or not.
Any kind of criticism is welcome. Do not be afraid to tell me what you all exactly feel..
Any suggestions, anything you want me to include.. You guys can tell me anything..

And the most important question... Should I continue?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I have continued...
Here's an index for the Reader's convenience!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INDEX

PROLOGUE - Page 1
Chapter 1 -  The Premonition - Page 1
Chapter 2 - Danger - Page 3
Chapter 3 - The After Effects - Page 7
Chapter 4 - Impressions - Page 12
Chapter 5 - The Abhorrent - Page 20

Edited by Na1na - 9 years ago
Bhumi06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail