Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sherlock thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Akash005

I was merely wondering about the umm..😕 'controversial' nature of such beautiful romantic n religious stories..it was merely like ' no wonder youngsters have so much questions about rasleelas'.. 

If youngsters have so many questions about Raasleela, they can easily get all the answers provided they look for answers at the right places. the problem with youngsters is that they will keep asking questions without giving it any thought as to who is best placed to answer that particular question. 

If I'm looking for that chocolate cake my mom made in the  morning, common sense demands that I go and look inside the refrigerator, not in the shoe rack. 

If I have a very difficult maths question, I need to find a maths teacher, not go and pose that question to Kim Kardashian.

Raas Leela or for that matter anything related to Sanatan Dharma is very easy to understand provided one gets the basics correct first. Posing question about say, Raas Leela, as you say so many youngsters do, without making an effort to first find out where we can go and get the basics of Dharma right, well, they'll NEVER get it that way. 

Where there is Shri Krishna, there is Shri Radha, for the two are one, and where these two are, countless Gopis will always be present there, because that's why these Gopis exist, to serve The Yugal Sarkar. That's the one and only purpose of their existence.

P.S. I've nothing against youngsters, btw. I'm not too old myself. 
sherlock thumbnail

hmm..well..that means i m definitely destined to achieve Krishna in the end.. i read the entire story!!.. but i dont  know what it would mean for u since u r the narrating the story to me n i m just reading it !!..lol..

almost every other devotional story ends with the assurance that read it properly, listen to it everyday, and you'll get God "in the end." 

and mind you, none of these claims are false? 
Why? 

because, you are already with Shri Krishna, you already exist in  Him, with Him!! 

So when you say, "i m definitely destined to achieve Krishna in the end" there are two things wrong with this statement.
one, you are already with Krishna so there's no question of "achieving" him some day,
two, there is no end for you, so what is this "in the end". it's meaningless.

You are without beginning or end. why? because your ANSHI Shri krishna is without beggining or end. You're eternal, because your ANSHI Shri Krishna is eternal.

And you ALREADY exist in Shri krishna. How do we know this? Simply because "Ansh" has no existence independent from his "Anshi."

We exist, because our Anshi Shri Krishna exist, and becasue being his eternal "Ansh", we exist in him and with Him.

While all this is great to hear, question is how to expericene this eternal fact??

That's what Vedas Bakhti marg tell us. 

More, some other time. 
@Sherlock
Once again, m grateful that u granted my request to enlighten me further here..so ( I know I have lost the count of how many times I said it already, but I hope the words havnt lost its meaning it).. thank you very much..

N yes Surya_krsnbhakt has also agreed to full fill my request just like u n has been keeping n influx of beautiful posts (although I m looking forward to many more from him).. n yes, I have sensibly been paying to attention to it as I should since this is almost like the best opportunity n platform to get a detailed insight into our beautiful religion..however, having said that it wouldn't hurt to gather as much info, opinions ..as possible.. its not abt me trying to have too much in one go bcoz in an online thread the beautiful posts r going to b there for a long long time , so I can take the liberty of going through each posts countless times until I grasp things as they r meant to b..

I have been through ur post once..n yes as usual my "taamsic" young illiterate brain did raise some questions n doubts..but m not going to post them just yet until I m absolutely sure ..bcoz then it ll b easily labelled as 'misinterpretation','lack of attention' n ' not reading the posts properly'.. so I ll wait for a while, go through the posts again n then ask or not ask at all depending on whether I deem it appropriate to ask..

About youngsters.. really??.. I think u r seriously underrating youngsters.. u have no idea..today's generation is much more quicker, active n broad minded.. I know the older generation always complains that everything is going downhill with this generation.. but I dont agree..u ll b surprised at the potential of youngsters today..they know very well where to look for what without much of external help..u wouldn't find them looking for a cake in shoe rack, or clearing maths questions with Kim kadarshian..they r  much more equipped n smart than that!
sherlock thumbnail
I too have a good idea about youngsters potential.
I spend lots of time in a young group. 😊
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
So I ask all of you to read Lalita Madhava and Vidagdha Madhava which are available here:
Under Rupa Goswami:

Once you read it, for a while, other stories may seem little pheeka. Then if you are lucky, that feeling will continue for the rest of your life. If you are unlucky, (like me), you might need two three readings of it..
On Srimati Radharani, like Sherlock described so beautifully, is the Hladini Shakti of Sri Krishna.
She is the Supreme Shakti and the Great Goddess. In the Devi Bhagavata, she is the Highest of the Five Shaktis of the Supreme Prakriti (which, as a Devi devotee, you might understand).
The five Shaktis are Durga, Lakshmi, Sarasvati, Radha and Savitri. Out of these, Radha is described as the Highest, being the consort of Krishna, the Eternal Parabrahma, Lord of Kalpas, who is non-different from Mula Prakriti Bhagavati. He is Bhagavan, and Radha is his shakti. I believe this is what you meant when you asked about Radha's relation to Adi Shakti?

This is about Durga Devi:
[quote]

This Bhagavati Durga Devi, (when She gets pleased) destroys all the sorrows, pains and troubles of the Bhaktas that have taken Her refuge, and gives them Dharma, everlasting name and fame, all auspicious things and bliss and all the happiness, nay, the Final Liberation! She is the Greatest Refuge of these Bhaktas that come to Her wholly for protection and are in great distress, whom She saves from all their dangers and calamities. In fact, know this Durga Devi as, verily, the Presiding Deity of the heart of Krisna and as His Highest S'akti, of the nature of the Holy Fire and the Holy Light. She is Omnipotent and resides always with Krisna, the Great God. She is worshipped by all the Siddha Purusas (those that have attained success); the (eighteen) Siddhis all go to Her and when pleased She gives whatever Siddhis (success) that Her Bhaktas want. This Great Devi is the intelligence, sleep, hunger, thirst, shadow, drowsiness, fatigue, kindness, memory, caste, forbearance, errors, peace, beauty, and consciousness, contentment, nourishment, prosperity, and fortitude. She is sung in the Vedas and in other Sa'stras as the Maha Maya, of the nature of the Universe. In reality, She is the All-S'akti of the Universe and She is the S'akti of Krisna. All these qualities are also mentioned in the Vedas. What is mentioned here is a tithe merely, in comparison to that of the Vedas. She has infinite qualities. [/quote]

And this is about Radha:

[quote]

Now I will describe to you about the Fifth S'akti, the Dev Radhika. Hear. She is the Presiding Deity of the five Pranas; She Herself is the Life of all; dearer than life even to S'r Krisna; and She is highly more beautiful and superior to all the other Prakriti Devis. She dwells in everything; She is very proud of Her good fortune (Saubhagyam); Her glory is infinite; and She is the wife, the left body, as it were, of S'r Krisna and She is not in any way inferior to Him, either in quality or in the Tejas (Fiery Spirit) or in any other thing. She is higher than the Highest; the Essence of all, infinitely superior, the First of all, Eternal, of the nature of the Highest Bliss, fortunate, highly respected, and worshipped by all. She is, the Presiding Devi of the Rasa Lila of S'r Krisna. From Her has sprung the Rasa mandalam and She is the Grace and the Ornament of the Rasa mandalam (the dance in a circle in Rasa).She is the Lady of the Rasa Lila, the Foremost of the Jovial, humorous (witty) persons and dwells always in Rasa. Her abode is in Goloka and from Her have come out all the Gopikas. Rsa - the circular dance of Krisna and the cow-herdesses of Vrindavana. Her nature is the Highest Bliss, the Highest Contentment, and Excessive Joy; She transcends the three Sattva, Rajo and Tamo Gunas and is Nirakara (without any particular form); but She dwells everywhere but unconnected with any. She is the soul of all. She is without any effort to do anything and void of Ahamkara. She assumes forms only to show Her favour to Her Bhaktas. The intelligent learned men (Pundits) read Her Mahima (glories) in meditating on Her according to the Vedas. The chief of the Devas and the Munis could never see Her; Her clothings are fire-proof and She is decorated with many ornaments all over Her body. Her body looks as if the crores of moons have risen all at once; She is the Giver of Bhakti (devotion) towards Krisna, services towards Krisna; and She bestows all wealth and prosperity. In Varaha Kalpa, i.e., when the Varaha incarnation took place, She incarnated Herself as the daughter of one Gopa (cow-herd), named Vrisabhanu. And Earth was blessed by the touch of Her feet. She is such as Brahma and the other Devas could never perceive Her by any of their senses, yet everyone at Vrindavana saw Her very easily. She is the Gem amongst women. And when She is seen on the breast of Krisna, it seems that lightnings flash in the blue mass of clouds in the sky. In days gone by, Brahma practised several austerities for sixty thousand years to purify Himself by seeing the nails of Her toe; but far from seeing that, He could not have that even in his dreams. At last He succeeded in seeing Her at Vrindavana and became blessed. O Child Narada! This is the fifth Prakriti and She is denominated as Radha. Every female in every Universe is sprung from a part of S'ri Radha or part of a part.[/quote]

I hope I have answered your query satisfactorily!😊

Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 10 years ago
@ Surya_krsnbhakt
Yes u did answer my question, n how!!.👏. I dont think I would have got a better answer from anywhere else..if I could like ur post a hundred times, I would, unfortunately I can't even like it even once since m logged in through my smartphone..😕
N also...ummm..I feel a bit funny asking this now..but what is a "hlanahadi" ( the spelling is definitely wrong) shakthi?😕
I know its like ' Ramayan padhne ke baad Ram kaun? poochna'..😆

N also...ummm..I feel a bit funny asking this now..but what is a "hlanahadi" ( the spelling is definitely wrong) shakthi?😕

I know its like ' Ramayan padhne ke baad Ram kaun? poochna'..😆

Hladini means lightning, and Ahladini means pleasure giving.
So since Radha is both the Hladini and Ahladini Shakti, you can say she is the Lightning Power (Supreme Energy) as well as Pleasure-giving Power (Supreme Bliss) of Sri Krishna.

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Hladini means lightning, and Ahladini means pleasure giving.
So since Radha is both the Hladini and Ahladini Shakti, you can say she is the Lightning Power (Supreme Energy) as well as Pleasure-giving Power (Supreme Bliss) of Sri Krishna.

OK..got it..thanks! 😊