Pieces of a puzzle - an IshRa SS| Epilogue - PG 26

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Authors note: 

I might be biting onto more than I can chew here but here goes nothing.

A  five chapter SS inspired by the events of the current track... or should I say the effects on Ishra on the current track. 

Edited by EkPaheli - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EkPahelii thumbnail
Index:

• Chapter 1- The Abyss - page 1
  • Chapter 2- Coming Home - page 8
  • Chapter 3 - The Stranger - page 15
  • Chapter 4 - Revelations - page 19
  • Chapter 5 - Dirty Talk - page 22
  • Epilogue - Page 26

Edited by EkPaheli - 10 years ago
EkPahelii thumbnail

Chapter 1- The Abyss

"You said I killed you--haunt me then. The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe--I know that ghosts have wandered the earth. Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!" 
 Emily BrontWuthering Heights

He is in a dark room.

All around him is the cool blanket of shadows, torn by the light reflected on the screen by the projector.

It is the first meeting of the Texas buyers club post the contract he bagged last week. All the board of directors, vital staff members from his company, Ashok' company and the American firm TVC have assembled in the room.

One of Ashok' PA is making the presentation. There are flow charts, pie charts, data and analysis gathered for the project displayed in a slide show.

He sits in the furthest seat on the table in the room, directly opposite to the screen. To anyone who might look his way it might seem all his attention is only on the screen, when in fact it is not, not at all in the slightest.

He may be looking at the screen but he was not seeing anything on it. His mind was far too preoccupied with the troubles that have plagued his home, his life, his family, his marriage and mostly his wife for him to pay attention to anything else, even a multimillion-dollar deal.

He isn't nave to not know how one moment can alter life permanently, he has been on the receiving ends of life' bitter surprises one time too many to know that. It was a moment that shattered all his preconceived notions; regarding his wife' fidelity and his marriage to her. It was a moment that cost him his son' custody during a trial; where falsely accusations proved him an abusive father. It was also a moment, that changed his life when he was convinced by his father; to marry Ishita for Ruhi' sake.

All these moments singularly and collectively define his life.

He thought the last surprise life will ever spring upon him was his marriage with Ishita.

He definitely did not see that coming. Not only because he never wanted to remarry, but because never in his wildest dreams could he have considered Ishita for the part of his wife.

However, as they say life is what happens when you are busy making plans, it happened with him.

On a fateful February day, he ended up taking vows with her to gain the custody of his five-year-old daughter.

After which his life was never the same.

She was a part of his life now after all; his wife.

He loathed the very sight of her, not because she was a terrible person, but because she never shied away from showing him the mirror that reflected his cruelty, his bitterness and the ugly picture he had made of his life and that of his daughter's as well in the process.

Today though, he cannot imagine his life without her.

Has it been three days already, that she left his home? Three long days since he exchanged a word with her, saw her face the first thing in the morning and the last in the night.

Three whole days without so much as a glance in his way that would betray any emotion that she feels now.

Her parents stay just across the floor so thankfully, she has not moved far away, but it feels as if they have a rift between them.

He sees her daily, but it is not the same as being with her under one roof. It isn't the same as having the luxury to converse with her whenever he felt a need to do so, even if it was merely to taunt or annoy her, tease her.

It has been three days since he has seen a smile on her face.

Three days since, he finds her with a vacant expression whenever she looks his way.  Even as her eyes, accuse him.

It hurts like hell.

He thought he knew what pain is, after what he went through in terms of a betrayal, a bitter divorce and heartbreaking custody trials of his kids; he never knew pain could exist in silence too.

For this pain is so much more powerful than the ones he had to endure before. He had a reason to be bitter, to hurt. He had his culprits and he knew their crimes.

This though is so unlike that time. Here he feels like a culprit, her culprit.

That moment doesn't leave him - the one when she walked out of his home holding her mother' hand. Her eyes that stayed glued to his, pleading, begging, asking him to do something. Say something, anything.

He had remained silent. He had let her leave and now the moment haunts him, gnawing his very being.

He feels ripped apart and shredded and he does not understand how it could be so.

He is not in love with her.

He thinks he cannot be.

Then why does her absence hurt and haunt him. Why is he craving a moment where she would look at him once again the way she usually does, irritate him, annoy him - talk with him.

alwaysaTVFan thumbnail
BEAUTIFUL😊 You transported me to that meeting room, and I can imagine seeing Raman staring at the presentation but not really paying attention to it.

You made me cry when I read how her silence is hurting him the most.

Please continue :)

Chapter 2 Comments: You have a knack of writing so visually. Every time I read your stories, its very easy for me to imagine that I am watching the scene on TV. If fact, its impossible not to visualise :)

The second part is of course, wonderfully portrayed. You reminded us of the newspaper scene. Such a subtle exchange of silence, but emotionally charged nevertheless!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Chapter 3: Once again, beautiful dear. I hope CVs read this, and incorporate some of your elements into the show. Your thoughts deserve to be potrayed on screen πŸ‘

Chapter 4, 5 - I read them together, so commenting at the same time... and sorry couldnt do it yesterday.

I loved it that you did not stop at chapter 4. Investigation and the exposure part was very subtly done. Chapter 5 gave the entire short-story that extra touch of humour and it was the BEST way to end this story...

And - now that the story is over, I can see you chose the right title😊

BTW, once again... the choice of present tense was apt in this story, and like I said before... you knew how you wanted it to shape up and end... Kudos...

as always, looking forward to more of your work.

I'll stop my Ramayan reply now πŸ˜†  see you in the next thread 😊

Edited by always_a_TV_fan - 10 years ago
_Deepika_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
WOW...soo beautifully u described his emotions..his pain..his feeling of being her culprit...cant wait to see him realize his feelings n how he stands by her😊

u r a gifted writer
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
omggg u back with ss?yipee.
RES..
will edit the post tomorrow properly when i wilb ol frm laptop..abhi am ol frm cell..so cant comment much
chathu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome piece of work
Truly loved it ,, 
Pls do PM me if possible  
dmgomg thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the PM. Please do update soon. Love the beginning :)
candico thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice ... loved it ... pls update soon
Maaneet099 thumbnail
bookmarked!!
Shall read in peace once done :D