Blast from the Past Thread #25 ** Abducted Dreams ** p 129, ep 257 - Page 70

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago
I'm sharing some edits by Nikki (Bellefire) based on the current track here!

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi kate,

bellfire's work... you have posted other things from her before... oh they are so evocative... how she interprets teh parting and the need and emotion is beautiful...and what was it about a rose and the two of them, slips in easily into their image... thanks so much.

i used to also, back then watch episodes, not really into anything else, but once in a way i'd catch an sbs, mainly to see what barun was up to, because in the early days the man went nuts and i would giggle hysterically saying to myself, nooo i can't be watching this guy and going slightly loco.

still painful this part of the whole thing. i would look out with a quiet desperation for those few minutes with him we'd get and since they had hiked up the noise on the whole shyam khushi thing i 'd hope some real story was on its way...

i wonder how i will feel about things this round.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
That off screen segment.. I never knew of the show when it was airing live so missed out on the drama. Can still very we'll imagine how everyone must have felt about the uncertainty of Barun returning. I am just extremely glad he did. Haha the anchor of these segments is always so ott. Here she says a line .."arnav got packed off like the luggage that he carries"! The promo must created quite a stir. Arnav Singh Raizada missing! Terrible..

Both the VMs are absolutely wonderful Katelyn. I haven't heard the Hindi song played in the 2nd one before. will go find it.
And are all your friends as creative as you? What beautiful edits! ⭐️

Thanks a lot for so many treats!
aarwen thumbnail
Indi di ..Up above you said it! that man and the off screen segments... uff... Multiple times I have told myself..and quite sternly too.. bas Rhea no need to be delighted with the man when he is not even the one talking. He is at the very edge of the screen, mumbling something incoherent. On top of that like I was just telling Katelyn the anchor gets on my nerves with her voice and insistence that finally the lead will fall in love. In one of the interviews I think Barun even said that they are already very much married and madly in love. No falling left.
Still can't resits watching these segments. Even dreaming a little wishing why can't I be on the set? His infectious smile, unpretentious completely unstarlike ways always has me giggling. And most of the time he is making fun of the whole sequence. Completely pragmatic about flying dupattas, music, love, heartbreak. How this man ends up playing that man in a TV show I never can wrap my head around. There is loads of that inexplicable something in the fun he manages to bring in these off screen segments.

He off to shooting for a movie 2 years ago..Hope he does really really well in life!
indi52 thumbnail
pyaasi hoon main pyaasi rahne do.

these words by one of my favourite lyricists, not that i am very knowledgeable about his work, nor that i understand every word, but his songs touch me... and these words...

i am thirsty, let me remain that...

they remind me in funny ways about ipk and what i feel about it. a little bit of thirst, without it what would life really be.

sohara's lovely poetry, beyond my comprehension but a sense of it i get...

katelyn's beautiful vms, sbs, edits by a friend...

the thirst grows, even when i know what is there exactly at the end of it all... yet a thirst says perhaps there's more water there or maybe more wine... my mind says and what about joooce.

echoes and layers and eddies and rills in the mind and memory...

found this lovely blog on gulzar... gulzar 101...

a few lines from that song that speaks of a thirst which is that of a mortal who knows perhaps something beyond mortality does exist, indeed, and it is in that thirst itself sometimes.

i am talking nonsense... but what the.

halke-halke kohre ke dhuen mein
shaayad aasmaan tak aa gayi hoon
teri do nigaahon ke sahaare
dekho to kahaan tak aa gayi hoon
kohre mein, bahne do
pyaasi hoon main, pyaasi rahne do

(walking) in this soft mist of fog, looks like i've touched the sky.
guided by your eyes, look where i've reached.
now just let me float in this mist, and if it leaves me thirsty, let me remain so!

credit: gulzar 101/blog

asha bhonsle's voice sultry and sensuous across r d's music with its feel of echoes and layers and water flowing takes the words to some other planet and leave me a little more rattled and knocked out.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x85MAPmlJs[/YOUTUBE]
credit: uploader

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: salooni

apology to all cant reply to pm and work 

lots of studies 
very sorry
goodnight

this is brilliant soni.
 I love the soft tone in the gif what gave extra depth to Khushi's grief.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

thanks so much, kate...

you won't believe it but i started watching it and almost immediately all the mad frustration and angst of those days when this was shot came rushing by, i actually started feeling that sense of loss... all teh "bin tere bin tere"... oh no, he's going away, no idea when he'll be back.

i am surprised this sbs clearly says shyam is the kidnapper... maybe i had seen it back then too, but my mind refused to believe shyam could be the guy... how much we wondered who the big bad villain was ha ha. shyam seemed too puny to actually take on asr.

yet yeah he was the guy... and one never knew why the kidnap.

thanks Kate for the segment.

Uff Indi, still feeling the pain. There was so much anxiety, so much madness was there, will he come back or not! i used to spend more time in IF just to get the confirmation that Barun is coming back in IPK. Then one fine day his video where he said, "don't worry i'll be seen." just gave my life back.But I was mad when he said anybody can play ASR. "What the" how could he say that? I know he is too humble. Nobody in this earth can be ASR rather than him.
SBS people kuch bhi bolte hai. i never take their words seriously. There was so much speculation was going on amongst my IF friends; who can be the kidnapper? I somehow thought Shyam was not the kidnapper. A man who leads his life on wife's money how could kidnap a cogent guy like ASR! I even thought Akash could be the kidnapper! Some of my friend thought mamaji! Silly us! Gosh those mad days! But everyday i longed to see him, just a glimpse of him. And when the reunion promo was out I was literally gone mad. And suddenly the confession, "I love you khushi." I was dead. And the fun was more cause I used to watch it with my mom, who was evenly crazy for the show.
aarwen thumbnail
Sohara... you voted for me? 🤗 Thank you. Though I think Wiwy liked your naughty answer more 😛 .
Am still trying to understand the words in the poetry you shared. but even vaguely understanding the words gives me the feeling of something deep and profound. beautiful. Never liked poetry too much except some hindi dohe before coming here but reading what you all share and write is very inspiring.

Edit - Reading what you all are reminiscing about those days is very sweet somehow. You saw it with your mother.. aww..
Edited by aarwen - 10 years ago
Crazy4IPK thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Sohara... you voted for me? 🤗 Thank you. Though I think Wiwy liked your naughty answer more 😛 .

Am still trying to understand the words in the poetry you shared. but even vaguely understanding the words gives me the feeling of something deep and profound. beautiful. Never liked poetry too much except some hindi dohe before coming here but reading what you all share and write is very inspiring.

Edit - Reading what you all are reminiscing about those days is very sweet somehow. You saw it with your mother.. aww..

My mom is a crazy IPKian. And I think she had a crush on Barun Sobti too. 😆 
And when i see Barun I do all the ooh aah in front of her. Me and my mom used to operate IF account simultaneously. And we have joint FB account too. 
You know when Barun was shown after some days, I screamed so loud that my dad scolded me. hehe.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

thanks Kate for the segment.

Uff Indi, still feeling the pain. There was so much anxiety, so much madness was there, will he come back or not! i used to spend more time in IF just to get the confirmation that Barun is coming back in IPK. Then one fine day his video where he said, "don't worry i'll be seen." just gave my life back.But I was mad when he said anybody can play ASR. "What the" how could he say that? I know he is too humble. Nobody in this earth can be ASR rather than him.
SBS people kuch bhi bolte hai. i never take their words seriously. There was so much speculation was going on amongst my IF friends; who can be the kidnapper? I somehow thought Shyam was not the kidnapper. A man who leads his life on wife's money how could kidnap a cogent guy like ASR! I even thought Akash could be the kidnapper! Some of my friend thought mamaji! Silly us! Gosh those mad days! But everyday i longed to see him, just a glimpse of him. And when the reunion promo was out I was literally gone mad. And suddenly the confession, "I love you khushi." I was dead. And the fun was more cause I used to watch it with my mom, who was evenly crazy for the show.

you know "never gonna dance again..." careless whisper is playing on the radio... and i am feeling all sorts of things reading what you write... 

i was mad at him too, one of his interviews he sounded so off... like he couldn't care less. wanted to smack him. but could never not come to watch... humble i don't know, but i like his take me as i am and no fudging attitude. when he said anyone can play asr maybe he believed this politically correct sounding garp too and maybe he really was tired of playing the same character... 

and right now he is wary of everyone talking of just one role of his to really enjoy the full meaning of asr... but when he has made a couple of successful movies, some time in the future, i am sure he will acknowledge to himself, no, no one really could have played asr and he really did do a magnificent portrayal that he can be proud of and cherish forever.

😆, yeah, no one believed what sbs and the other shrieking entertainment tv said... really, i don't think shyam was supposed to be the kidnapper...

longing to see barun, asr...

i have never been in that crazy place for any actor before. junoon.