curledup thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Adytum

Defintion / the most sacred or reserved part of any place of worship

1 | Beauty Spots: Below
2 | Laxmi - Below
 5| Red

The three drabbles that will be incoporated into this can be found here.

Edited by curledup - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

curledup thumbnail

1 | Beauty-spots

She had eleven beauty-spots, eleven. Five scattered on her cream like legs, three were hidden behind her choli two on her back, and one-- his favouriteone, on her face. He had counted them all.

Is it not something to pity, a man who refused to engage with his wife knew every minute detail about her and with such ease he let her go? Is it wrong then to pity him further? Or shall we refuse him our shoulders because he went to the brothel asking for a woman with eleven beauty-spots. Do not hide your gasps of horror.

Rudra Pratap Ranawat, a man built on shattered foundations, broken pillars and a leaking roof asked for a woman with cream-like skin that had to be soft to touch, and on her beautiful skin there had to be eleven beauty-spots. Not one less. The women who were met with the acute demand were not surprised, after his so-called marriage he visited the brothel frequently, often asking for a fair-pretty girl with wavy locks- but the eleven beauty spots requirement was new.

When the girl was presented before him he neither appreciated her provocative smile nor did he gratify her need to drown him in every drop of alcohol present, the beauty-spots that were revealed to him were not in the right places some were above instead of below. Everything was wrong. They didn't beautify her, they marred her. He stood and passed her the discarded gown and left, do not muffle your gasps.

He wouldn't touch her-- couldn't touch her. She wasn't right, everything was wrong, it was wrong. She wasn't fair enough her hair wasn't long enough, she wasn't his wife. She wasn't Paro.

curledup thumbnail
2 | Laxmi

When she was born the villagers had rejoiced for another daughter, they rejoiced for being blessed with another laxmi. But Ambika didn't, she didn't smile with gratitude when they gifted her gold chudis, she didn't feed her, she didn't bathe her, she didn't even look at her. How could she? They all said that Parvati looked so much like her mother but Ambika knew differently. Other than the soft hazel in her eyes every hair on her head and mole on her body reminded her of Kailash. Her dark hair and fair skin were all signs of her father, the father who had left her behind, the father who had scorned when he discovered that for the second time Ambika hadn't given birth to an heir.

On the day of her blessed birth Ambika's pleas fell on deaf ears, as Kailash walked out of the haveli she ran after him unmindful of her sullied clothes, but he didn't care for her. He left her without a second glance and several curses, swearing she will burn in the deepest pits of hell for displeasing her husband.

-

"Maa darvaza kolo"

"Kolo darvaza"

In one fluid movement the whole room was ablaze. Ambika did not pay attention to the crying voices of her sister and daughters, her mind slowly dancing off of the cliff of sanity as laughter choked its way out of her lungs. He had sworn she would burn one day. She teased the edge, not entirely giving in to the flames that licked her ankles but swaying to them instead. Fire has never been known as a patient element, it swallowed everything whole charring every object it touched, but it chose to wait for Ambika revelling in her madness. The cries of her loved ones outside the room were increasing in volume, the attempts to open the door were failing and in her chesty laughs did Ambika finally fall. She fell with a thud, the fire ate her flesh and she was no more.

-          

Amba ate silently, her eyes travelling from her niece to her plate of food. It was as if she was looking at a reflection of her late sister. Just like Ambika she had lost herself in love. Just like her sister she too had wedded far from home and stayed for many days and God knows how many nights as a wife. Just like her mother she returned home, dejected, heart-broken and lost.

- - - - -

Told you the drabbles will be incorporated 😆 Anyway let me know what you think and this time round I will definitely PM everyone I promise. Let me know if you want a notification at all

Taa.

SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
The second part is heart breaking. Are you making this a SS? Say yes. Please, pretty please:)
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Fantastic one shots. 👏
Continue soon 
Thanks for the PM
ipkknd-fan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow that was great!
Loved it :)
binimoti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
These are so strong emotion you have written here, beautiful, update soon I am waiting.
chotidesi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Ahh I'm so excited for these! I love your drabbles- they're so well written, and you convey so much in such a short area. Well done!
mayurisb80 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Majar Saab is obsessed with her beauty spots...looking forward to your drabbles...
SherryGS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Wow. Laxmi is an amazing story. Please develop it further. I am eagerly anticipating it.