Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: phulwa

Have been watching Ashish Sharma since his first show Gunahon ka Devta on Imagine and always thought he was a brilliant actor. But what he has done with Rudra in Rangrasiya is by far the best till date, even surpassing CGM for which he was appreciated a lot.

The kind of improvization he has brought to the role of Rudra is clearly visible, without having to do any analysis, from the first episode of RR he has nailed it. The transformaiton in his look, body language and speech is is outstanding. The most striking of all is the killing gaze, when he is engulfed with that seething anger, those eyes are so amazing, they dont leave your thoughts ever. Then again the way he plays the self denying helpless guy in love with Paro, putting on a tough facade and trying so hard to have no emotions on his face, is just brilliant.

I am not a fan of Sanaya and dint want to watch the show, but started watching after a few episodes only for Ashish and I am so happy that I decided to watch. Eventhough RR has been OTT in terms of screenplay, Ashish, Kaki, Ranawat and Sumer bring a certain normalcy to the show overall.

Hey Phulwa...nice to see you here too :-)

I've seen a bit of his first show on Imagine...I remember that "Naina thag lenge" song they used to play on the romantic scenes😆...and yep I liked his acting then also but indeed he's come a long way since...haven't seen his other shows but decided to catch up on RR on a lark simply for him...the moustached/rugged look makes him stand out and gives a different dimension to this character...the authenticity he brings to the Rajasthani dialect/accent is another huge plus in my eyes that really impresses me while watching him as Rudra...he's the ONLY person on the show who talks THAT authentically...lol yeah he does have an advantage being from Rajasthan to begin with but if I recall his other characters, he's variated his accent accordingly, hasn't he?

Loved the way you described the bit in bold :-)...Totally agree.

Ashish, the lady playing Mohini, Dilsher are definitely the actors that stand out in this cast to me as well...otherwise yes, the screenplay goes through rough patches many times.

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Suhana2014

hey one question guys... who is MR  ?😊

Originally posted by: Modal_baby

Seriously who's MR and Nakku???

MR is Mishal Raheja...the actor who played the character of Dutta on a show called Laagi Tujhse Lagan which aired on Colors around 3-4 years back.

Nakku was the name of his love interest in the show.
Faerydae thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: phulwa

Have been watching Ashish Sharma since his first show Gunahon ka Devta on Imagine and always thought he was a brilliant actor. But what he has done with Rudra in Rangrasiya is by far the best till date, even surpassing CGM for which he was appreciated a lot.

The kind of improvization he has brought to the role of Rudra is clearly visible, without having to do any analysis, from the first episode of RR he has nailed it. The transformaiton in his look, body language and speech is is outstanding. The most striking of all is the killing gaze, when he is engulfed with that seething anger, those eyes are so amazing, they dont leave your thoughts ever. Then again the way he plays the self denying helpless guy in love with Paro, putting on a tough facade and trying so hard to have no emotions on his face, is just brilliant.

I am not a fan of Sanaya and dint want to watch the show, but started watching after a few episodes only for Ashish and I am so happy that I decided to watch. Eventhough RR has been OTT in terms of screenplay, Ashish, Kaki, Ranawat and Sumer bring a certain normalcy to the show overall.

Totally agree with you dear ashish as Rudra really surpassed his great performance in cgm and after watching him in gkd and especially cgm  I always knew that he is the best actor of television and nobody can surpass him, start watching rr just because of ashish and enjoying every single moment of it.
kuchnaakahoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Agree wholeheartedly,,, He is the USP of this show,,,  i cant stop myself from mentioning tht he is the only saving grace of this show after Tarun left,, His performance was beyond  excellence,,His expressions, his dialogue delivery, voice modulation, everything was restrained...
Edited by CGBSSI - 10 years ago
Sana70 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great post dear ,totally agree with U :)  
Brilliant acting by Ashish  👏 ⭐️
phulwa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hey Phulwa...nice to see you here too :-)

I've seen a bit of his first show on Imagine...I remember that "Naina thag lenge" song they used to play on the romantic scenes😆...and yep I liked his acting then also but indeed he's come a long way since...haven't seen his other shows but decided to catch up on RR on a lark simply for him...the moustached/rugged look makes him stand out and gives a different dimension to this character...the authenticity he brings to the Rajasthani dialect/accent is another huge plus in my eyes that really impresses me while watching him as Rudra...he's the ONLY person on the show who talks THAT authentically...lol yeah he does have an advantage being from Rajasthan to begin with but if I recall his other characters, he's variated his accent accordingly, hasn't he?

Loved the way you described the bit in bold :-)...Totally agree.

Ashish, the lady playing Mohini, Dilsher are definitely the actors that stand out in this cast to me as well...otherwise yes, the screenplay goes through rough patches many times.

[/QUOTE]

I was also surprised to see you on RR fourm and could not resist responding to ur post.
You are right, Ashish has a huge edge over others in his accent due to his Rajasthani roots, but not being from a particular region does not restrict him in any way. He can master any dialect with ease, this was so clearly visible in gunahon ka devta where he played a baahubali/ bhayyaji character from UP. He spoke amazing Avadhi dialect, so perfect that one could not imagine he is not from that region, I used to wonder if the natives of that region could speak so well.
LOL I remember that Naina thag lenge song, it sounded so tackey, but I used to love it. Do you remember the background song of Ashish? It used to have such an effect on his character in the show.
I did not have any expectations with RR at all, but I must admit, it has delivered to a great extent as promised by the producers. This is that one show, where the story has maintained a sequence of events that are very natural and logical, that they seem so believable. Especially the MUs btw the leads and their reactions towards eachother, including the forced marriage are so acceptable.

Edited by phulwa - 10 years ago
yoga123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome post...Ashish rocked...
nikitaloveu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
ashish rocked the show last night just loving him day -by- day
Rheva thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
yes ashish stole the whole episode👏

bebo2050 thumbnail
i was amazed by his acting , this guy just keeps getting better n better with everyepisode .!!!!!  drunk acts never looked so convincing  and i found his dialogues very funny 😆