Acting brilliance: Ashish owned this epi

Posted: 9 years ago
I can't resist from making a post today...there rarely comes a time when an actor gets to OWN an episode from start to finish...and today was it for Ashish...not that he hasn't been superb in the show otherwise but today was something else.

This hate marriage stuff is something that is so overdone on Indian TV that everything starts to fall into predictable patterns and you start to resign yourself to the inevitable cliches...same was the case for me ever since I saw the new promo...I didn't have much hopes of being impressed by this epi.

But BOY does Ashish make you sit up and take notice!  He makes Rudra's frustration, his pain so believable...today we see a Rudra shattered after being humiliatingly dismissed by the BSD superiors, stripped of his medals. Predictably, he also gets extremely drunk...

But the epi REALLY starts from the point when Rudra comes back to the haveli roaring out Paro's name...and from that point on, Ashish really stepped up his game as an actor in my opinion.

It was like everyone else faded into the background and the stage was his to own...Rudra prowling around the courtyard, sitting on Mohini's "throne" chair๐Ÿ˜†, climbing up on that same chair a few minutes later and gesturing all theatrically around...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...I loved every minute of it.

Special mention must also be made for Raghuvir Shekhawat's brilliant dialogues tying in the whole bhagya v/s durbhagya theme brilliantly๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘...Paro gave so many speeches on destiny and god's will and proclaimed herself as Rudra's wife over that...what she saw as fate has only ended up becoming misfortune for Rudra...and this is the point where an actor's brilliance makes you BELIEVE and buy into a character's motivations so well...that is what Ashish did for Rudra today...

For even as Rudra was going about performing the inevitably cliched hate marriage rituals, he brought a surprisingly restrained kind of intensity to Rudra...a scene which is classic OTT stuff on Indian TV in general got elevated in my eyes thanks to Ashish's acting.

I especially loved the bits where he sat on Mohini's chair and later on the way he smashed that very chair๐Ÿ˜†...quite symbolic of coming events.

I liked the sarcasm with which Rudra was going about looking for wedding rituals/ingredients as well...he's in the frame of mind where he's like "You want a wedding? Oh I'll give you a wedding then...MY way"๐Ÿ˜†

And so ironic that a Paro who was busy thrusting a sindoor ka dabba in his face just two days back is now unable to deal with the monster she's awakened๐Ÿ˜†...I love how he sarcastically kept repeating sindoor bharoonga too๐Ÿ˜†...You reap what you sow, Paro baisa๐Ÿ˜†

Excellent episode...I think the best episode of Rangrasiya yet...so gripping from start to finish...mainly held together by Ashish's superb acting today!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Well said ! Agree wid u completely
Ashish ripped off the episode with his acting poweress. I have blindly bought everything Rudra has said, his actions and reactions are so much justified now. Being a woman, i was happy that Rudra actually was treating Paro that way. Something inside me felt peace and serene that finally the lion roared, the monster awoke and in a grand style.
Highlights were when she called him major and he immediately asks her not to call him with that title anymore. The hurt, pain of being dismissed from that title was visible. Loved the moment when he said that whatever happened with us, in between us, everything was Paro's fortune but his misfortune, and harshly this time he was right. 
It is not easy to bare that you are accused of torturing the woman you actually love.

Lastly, i hope the Ranwat clan stays quiet for once, their blind support towards Paro's dumb acts make no sense atall, esp Danveer, when he actually witnessed the humilition Rudra faced.

Ps:- Favourite moment was when Rudra stood on Mohini's chair and announce his marriage. Rudra banna was hillarious in every moment with that chair..๐Ÿคฃ
Excellent post by u, Anu! ๐Ÿ‘
Agree with u completely!
Its time for paro baisa to face the real Rudra the flawed , broken & wounded tiger.
Only she has the power to heal him but sigh its a long process.
We have to wait & watch.
Loved ur post.
Its awesome.
Hats off to Ashish the show stealer of tonight.

Brilliant post.

Totally agree.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ He rocked it today!  And what a variation from yesterday's caring Rudra to today's anguished, lost, angry Rudra! Now that is what I call a complete actor.
I just felt so sad for him when he was ripped off his medals, badge and all BSD honors that guards his life. And his expression there! Like his very soul was ripped off him. I will be honest, it brought few tears to my eyes. 

Then when he was drinking, I thought Oh no here we go again. He is going to scream around and then marry her in anger.. But surprise surprise. He did the drunk scene with so much anguish that I couldn't help but root for him and nod my head with everything he said. Yes he is hurting her and marrying her in anger. But compared to the hurt he is feeling and so beautifully portrayed by Ashish, sympathy for Paro is lost somewhere for the day.

The dialogues were bang on and the delivery was awesome. I just wish they had given Paro some other dialogue and not just the Maine nahi kiya one. Or even better, just show the hurt in her face and no dialogue at all. What hurt Rudra is feeling is not that she did it but what has happened because of her has cost him his life. Why was she trying to defend herself at that point. 

Still reeling from the intensity of Ashish/Rudra's performance today. ๐Ÿ‘ to him and looking forward to what is in store for us tomorrow!
Yes, Ashish owned the episode. He made the scene so lively and made us feel rudra's pain so much that it was hard to sympathize with paro today...
Hi Are Yaar
You used to be in LTL forum right?

Didnt this remind you of Mishal Raheja as Dutta Bhau? The drunkeness- that smouldering gussa- which can either erupt like a volcano or whiplash with silken sarcasm? Seriously after him- only Ashish Sharma has brought such intensity to the screen- MINDBLOWN - totally. He leaves you absolutely transfixed- cant even remember if there was anybody else or anythning else in the episode today! 

And so true about those Bhagya- Durbhagya Dialogues- really the logic behind that- how can you not agree to that?

Originally posted by Crystal29

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ He rocked it today!  And what a variation from yesterday's caring Rudra to today's anguished, lost, angry Rudra! Now that is what I call a complete actor.
I just felt so sad for him when he was ripped off his medals, badge and all BSD honors that guards his life. And his expression there! Like his very soul was ripped off him. I will be honest, it brought few tears to my eyes. 

Then when he was drinking, I thought Oh no here we go again. He is going to scream around and then marry her in anger.. But surprise surprise. He did the drunk scene with so much anguish that I couldn't help but root for him and nod my head with everything he said. Yes he is hurting her and marrying her in anger. But compared to the hurt he is feeling and so beautifully portrayed by Ashish, sympathy for Paro is lost somewhere for the day.

The dialogues were bang on and the delivery was awesome. I just wish they had given Paro some other dialogue and not just the Maine nahi kiya one. Or even better, just show the hurt in her face and no dialogue at all. What hurt Rudra is feeling is not that she did it but what has happened because of her has cost him his life. Why was she trying to defend herself at that point. 

Still reeling from the intensity of Ashish/Rudra's performance today. ๐Ÿ‘ to him and looking forward to what is in store for us tomorrow!

Finally you're here!๐Ÿ˜†

Ok first of all I HAVE to talk the DN hate marriage...weren't you dreading a rerun of that? Especially after he got drunk?๐Ÿ˜†...and I was like oh man he's gonna go all OTT and fall around and give those typical Amitabh Bacchhan style sharaabi dialogues๐Ÿ˜†

But man oh man, Ashish was a REVELATION in this epi yaar!  This is when an actor's CALIBRE shows...cuz if you can take a cliched scene and play it JUST RIGHT, then you so know your craft!  That is what I felt he did today...everything came through...Rudra's hurt, his anger, his frustration over having to deal with all this only cuz of Paro's naive stupidities...it all came through...and in b/w he did it all with FLOURISH too...the chair moments...oh man I loved those...he was looking so regal sitting on that chair...reminded me of MR again๐Ÿ˜†

Coming back to the actual turn of events...I liked that thankfully this time they didn't show a marriage with someone pouring daaru into the fire๐Ÿ˜†...ST did that in his previous show๐Ÿ˜†...as far as hate marriages go, Rudra is still setting it up in a relatively refreshing manner...burning dupattas in ghee in instead๐Ÿ˜†

You know I noticed in the credits, there's a new director...and dude I have to say he did a GREAT job today...maybe that is why the epi turned out so well too...like in the initial bits the way they contrasted Rudra being stripped of his medals with Paro dressing up as a bride on the other end...good irony going there.

As for Paro...lol her mind never thinks that far naa...it's always simple and in the immediate...so no surprises that she didn't manage to say much other than defending herself over the newspaper pics...I think Paro will now give him a new bhaashan only after the hate marriage is done๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by AreYaar - 9 years ago