Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Sid Mal ??? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Sridevi made her adult debut with Rajnikanth and Kamalhassan and stood out. Just look for the movie Moondru Mudichu. Sid Mal ? ๐Ÿ˜’ Might as well debut with a beautiful wooden sculpture. ๐Ÿ˜ก

Has the Botox scrambled Sridevi's brains and Bonnie budda ko support karnne mein madhath chayiye that they are sending a 17 year old kid to work ? Yes, Sridevi was a child when she debuted and 13 when she made her 'adult' debut, but it was with K Balachander as the director who is one the stalwarts of Tamil Cinema.

Even if I were to give the benefit to her talent, if she makes a debut like Alia in SOTY she will be ripped apart. Plus Alia's mother or father were nowhere near Sridevi's popularity. Her mother is a legitimate icon of Indian cinema, one of the truly female superstars, this is like Abhi, Ranbir, Esha Deol debuting, not just another star kid.  Get ready for comparisons about looks, screen presence and not just talent. 

Speaking of looks, yes she is just a 17 year old girl, but this is a girl who is not your average 17 year old girl next door. She is being handed a career in BW movies, so her looks and acting are fair game.
She has not inherited her mother's looks. Plus she will be compared to her cousin Sonam whose beauty is one of her assets and more recently Arjun Kapoor who is quite good looking. But Sridevi and Boney have to know all this is coming.

Why the hurry to launch her ? Why can't she work for years like Hrithik and make a debut at 20 or 21 to arrive fully formed. I predict a crash and burn worse than Esha Deol. 
Edited by meribaat - 10 years ago
CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I don't think she will look good with him , like I said she should wait until she is 20 at least.

I think it's really pathetic of some people here to call a 17 year old kid ugly. That's really shallow and I find it unacceptable. Some people are haters for no reason. She's a kid for god sakes

Plus we haven't even seen her on screen - what if she can actually act.

I don't find her ugly, I think she's beautiful. She looks a lot better than Sridevi when Sri was 17-18.

@Bold.

At that time the focus was not on looks and someone like Rajnikanth was able to become a superstar. Rajni would have been booted out of BW had he made a debut there. Plus it was in the South where looks are not really considered important in mainstream cinema as long as the person can act. People like Dhanush are not relegated to 'art' cineme because of the way he looks. Plus starkids are treated more kindly there than BW. In Telugu or Tamil cinema Jhanvi will be treated a bit more reverentially as Sridevi's daughter by even the press, the BW press would tear her apart.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Bechara Sid. He is going the Imran Khan way. He is too nice a bloke for BW. 
shaazi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
omg not sid plzz...why kjo torturing sid...why cant he just cast deepika opposite him instead of kids like jhanvi and alia๐Ÿ˜’
whiterose29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
There are still so many better heroines to be cast opposite Sid... Why a 17-year old with him? ๐Ÿค”

Well let's see how they look together.. ๐Ÿค”
AskJeeto thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh no. I do not want to see this. There's so many heroines out there! Why cast someone who is 17?
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh no. Please no. They will look so weird. 
KJO should just cast Janhvi opposite someone like Varun Dhawan.
Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
She isn't that great looking so better have some acting skills. 
Kulfii. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Poor SidM... he will be the scapegoat if this happens๐Ÿ˜†   
Jahanvi kapoor to debut with chamiya.
Atleast chose one Men to play roleEdited by -Gangster- - 10 years ago