Chasing Love Book2 -Link to THD 2, PG 171

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0hlbWpa1w[/YOUTUBE]

Chasing Love- Book 2

PROLOGUE- FairyTale of New York 

Khushi managed to open the doors to her apartment with great difficulty. She was carrying a big tote handbag which had her laptop. Along with that she was holding a cup of coffee that needed to be disposed and two brown grocery bags. Once she got inside the apartment, she walked over to the open style kitchen and left the grocery bags on the granite worktop to put the disposable coffee mug into the trash bin. She saw a speck of white dust that had settled on the worktop and immediately used a micro-fibre cloth to clean the dust. Once she was happy with how the worktop looked, she went to her walk-in closet in her bedroom and kicked her shoes away and then removed her coat. When she realised that the shoes weren't in their place she bent down to retrieve them and placed them carefully in the shoe cabinet. She collected a towel and walked into the Moroccan styled bathroom. She made herself a warm bath with lavender infusions that always helped her relax and unwind after a long day. Sometime during the course of the bath, she had lost count of time and dozed off. She had woken up at six in the morning as she had done for so many years to practise yoga and then get ready for work. Byond the glitz and the glamour, working for a fashion magazine wasn't easy job. Tending to big egos and people who often lost perspective of business in the world of creativity, sucked out whatever was left of her energy by the time she left work in the evening.

A little while later she woke up form her slumber and knew that she was getting late for the party. She got out of the tub, towelled herself dry and then walked to her closet to get ready for the evening.

She applied generous amount of moisturiser to her skin and then started wearing her clothes. She first wore a black lace bra and teamed it up a black and red thong. Then she sat on a dressing stool and pulled her stockings up and hung them on a garter belt that she wore around her hip. She decided to wear a shimmering black dress for the evening. The dress ended just above her knees and clung to her body revealing just the right amount of cleavage. After she wore the dress, she wore some make-up, opting for smokey black eye and red glossy lip colour that highlighted both her eyes and lips and gave her aura of sensuality. She then proceeded to blow dry her short hair to give it that extra bit of volume. Finally she wore a pair of red stilettos to go with the lip colour she had worn. 

Before leaving Khushi examined her reflection in the mirror and was pleased with the image she saw- 'Sophisticated, Sensual and Untouchable;' just as she wanted. She gathered her coat and left her apartment.

Advance wishes for the new year, Ma'am.' The concierge who opened the door for her, wished her.

Thanks Mark.' Khushi showered him with her dazzling smile that was only reserved for a select few.

'Can I call you a cab, Ma'am?'

'Thanks Mark. Nothing like taking a walk albeit even for a short distance on a cold, crisp winter evening in New York.'

She walked to the main road and called a cab. She got into the cab and typed a message on her phone. 'On my way. You know how to find me.' She sent the message and put her phone back in her clutch. She then looked outside the window of the cab as the glittering lights of the city that never slept came into view.

""""""""""""""

Damn I'm late. f**k!' Arnav was very disappointed for not ending his previous meeting on time once again. His schedule had been a mess and no amount of efficient assistants could help him manage it better. He checked into his room, made a run for the bathroom and took a quick shower. He came out of the bathroom and changed into a black tuxedo and teamed it up with a crisp white shirt. He hated wearing tuxedos as he felt that he ended up looking like a fool trying to fit-in, with the outfit. But he was attending an important event, to meet and network with important people. He had no other option but to stick to the dress-code. He applied some amount of hair gel into his hair that had been recently trimmed. He looked at the ever increasing number of grey hair and wondered if he should go down the hair colouring route or leave it as-is. People dig the grey hair, Arnav.' He reassured himself.

He looked at his reflection in the mirror and was happy with the image he presented- 'Suave, Smart and Irresistibly Sexy.' Just at the same time something caught his eyes. His fingers went to touch the scar above his left eyelids. And then the memory of the only woman who found the imperfection endearing came back to him momentarily as he remembered the touch of her fingers on the scar.  His phone started ringing, ending the moment and the memory and Arnav moved his fingers away. He got out of the room to take the call and to leave for the party to bring in the new year.

http://chasinglovebybasanti.wordpress.com

(Work still under progress)

Credit Shabbo 18

Credit -Heaven-

JforChimpanzee

SSYahoo-

Edited by Sultan_Of_Swing - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

opsyellow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
😉 
Congrats🥳
Edited by opsyellow - 10 years ago
sarrahyusuf thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow.. I am first one to comment..

Looking fwd to a confidant khushi in the second book.. Lov u basanti.. Keep goin..
Edited by sarrahyusuf - 10 years ago
Maprani thumbnail
I am sure you will do a wonderful job with book 2 as well. Looking forward to it. 
soophie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome prolouge dear...loved it

Confident n bold khushi...bring it on
U kw i was waiting for this prolouge to be updated since i read last update

Cant wait to start the new journey...specially for this changed khushi

All d best
Waiting for 1st chapy already
barunaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hey!!
Loved the prologue...guess this is part of another FF right? I'm gonan try and read it all up by the weekend so that I can follow this one...I love this confident Khushi and I guess they are older here? with Arnav's grey hair n stuff...K i wont comment more...will read the earlier parts first :)
sarunsashasingh thumbnail
Wow An awesome start...So Khushi is rich, beautiful n successful n does she have kids from Arnav ??😊
Edited by sondaryalakshmi - 10 years ago
bridgeofdreams thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
My Place!

Edited~

The good thing is that the story is not about classes and such rubbish as Khushi seems to be rich and she lives in NYC by herself! She is independant.

Arnav and Khushi have been introduced to each other or what?

Intriguing. I would like to go through this journey of Arnav and Khushi.

Sh~

Edited by bridgeofdreams - 10 years ago
Downhill thumbnail
wow... awesome..cant contain my excitement to read more
luckyarshi143 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing prologue...
Loved it..
Damn excited fr d story to unfold further...