Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
akashavani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Myra.nelly

HI MYRA AND MISTI 
Loved both ur analysis because I think the same.👏
I always felt shlok loves astha even though he doesn't acknowledge it to himself.she's the only person with whom he is himself and the other one is Anjali.Actually whenever it comes to Astha shlok's reactions are very extreme to the extent he tends to even sidestep baba.Today when he was blasting astha I felt it was not astha he was shouting st,but the person who was watching, because shlok whatever he says trusts astha alot.In the gun rink he today again became shlok agnihotri(shrewd and manipulative).and I think he will wear amask to solve the matter.But I also think he will care for Astha more now and show his love for her.but now if she will believe it or not depends  on her as she thinks he loves swati and likes aditi more.Shlok always in a indirect manner shows her his love and care but his words blind her to him.They need to be together first then both will solve other matters in the family.Lets wait and watch.😛

decemapr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aas2727

Nice analysis myra. You r the first one who actually liked the epi today. I agreed Avinash n shrenu are superb actors. But there has to be something in the story line also. I m quite disappointed after todays epi. 😭

I like this epi.
decemapr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angie12

Jia,  I understood how you feel as I had this experience with Avi's prior show that started quite well, but was messed up because of ratings pressure.  The CVs of these shows (and I mean even the top shows) just sometimes kill the golden hen.  I too did my share of ranting and the ending of the show left a very dissatisfied feeling.

Believe me this show is nowhere spoilt the way that earlier show was spoiled with uninteresting characters dominating the show,  dumbing down of male lead and reduction of screen space of all interesting characters. 

Everything in the show is still good - the acting, direction, editing .  The problem is with the screen play as the script is either static or going in circles.   I think the story suddenly changed a week after the valentine day and this character Aditi was introduced.  But based on last two episodes, it seems as if the original story planned for the track is coming back.   Hopefully the focus will shift to Shlok and Astha with Shlok doing something different this time rather than just going after Astha as that would not interest audience.   Lets see if script improves and story stops moving in circles.  For now I am enjoying scenes rather than the entire story.

I agreeed with @blue bold...

"   I think the story suddenly changed a week after the valentine day and this character Aditi was introduced. "

may be Avinash's vacation brought this change..
Edited by decemapr - 10 years ago
decemapr thumbnail

Originally posted by: misti73

Sorry Prads for writing late. I actually liked the episode and I liked it more because they showed all this on Woman's Day. They showed the harsh reality women face...on Women's Day. Whats the use of celebrating one day as woman's day when woman face discrimination and abuse everyday of their life. Its like worshiping Goddesses  when the next minute one is going to put down either one's mother, wife daughter, sister..So they showed the reality...so people do remember why women need to be celebrated every day and not specially on Woman's Day. 

They are oft probably ging to bring it back to where it started...the only difference being that earlier he thought that Astha was tormenting  his baba but now he thought that Astha is tormenting him...when the truth is that he is actually tormenting himself. It seemed that he reached some decision and he might be taking on his dark persona to deal with this situation. Either he will used his brains and try to get to the bottom of this or he will act as before and situations will be created through which he will get his answers. Change will come but it will take time.

As for Astha...she is not a weak character for me. She never has been a week character. She is actually the strongest character in the show. I don't take crying as a weakness. I actually admire people who cry after they have faced some turmoil is life. That is a way of letting go of all your negative emotions that have been generated in a person as a result of that turmoil. ...and the person can then move forward and also device means by which they can deal with situations. Astha has gone through a lot but she has not broken. She might have bend from time to time but has again risen. At night while she was reading the book and waiting for Shloke to return home...she remebered his harsh words. If she had been weak then she would have broken down again...but she didn't . As for her waiting for Shloke and removing his shoes...she did that because that is what she is ...inherently a very caring person. Her not changing her core nature shows her strength...Despite whatever has happened she has not changed her nature and actually she has grown more and has become more mature.  She has faced harsh treatment from others but has she ever abused others? She is breaking the circle of abuse...but she is doing it quietly. Strong people are of two kinds...one who always come forward and vocalises their thoughts (Kalindi)...while there are also the strong silent ones ...who always might not jump up and push forward (Astha). 

"  Whats the use of celebrating one day as woman's day when woman face discrimination and abuse everyday of their life " 👏 

Much needed point for this forum now...
decemapr thumbnail
decemapr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aas2727

Yeah after reading analysis by you, angie n misti. There is some hope again. Actually I loved this serial a lot and for the first time I m hooked to any Indian serial like this that's why was a bit sad. But thanks to you all 😊

@misti73 @myra and Angie12 you, trio are rocking the forum..and also including jonee giving hope to this forum people...👏
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: misti73

Anyway Shloke goes to the meeting point and remembers playing tennis with Swati. The flashback had Shloke wearing colourful clothes and enjoying himself, with Swati telling him not to laugh at her. This tennis ball reminded me of him throwing tennis ball on the wall as a means to irritate Astha...so Swati was there in that room with them that day. Misti,  interesting link.  So Swati was there as a ghost between them.  The way Shlok reacts to Astha or treat her is because of Swati.  Now that he is throwing away her reminders, will his behavior towards Astha start changing too?  Shloke throws the ball away and then has a feeling that someone is watching him and chases that person. Astha also enters and they slowly arrive at the same point. Astha stands looking at him while Shloke slowly realises that Astha is standing and then it starts. Shloke again blames her for winding him up, but throughout this entire sequence I could not understand that whether he is talking about Astha or whether he is talking about Swati.  Yes, it is as if he is imposing Swati on Astha... It was always "Girls like you...".  Astha has not done anything to him.  He is indirectly paying Swati by punishing Astha.  Not that he realizes it and that's why there is no remorse on the surface.  There is some guilt deep down because he does become uncomfortable when once in a while Astha shows him her hurt.  He deals with it by lashing at her and mocking her for her sacrifices and tolerance.  Astha told him that she wanted to know who is doing all this and she also wanted to know the truth. On being asked what truth does she want to know, her answer was that she thought that he will not come...which according to her means that Swati is Shloke's past and has no bearing on his present. So now that he is here and blasting her, does that mean she will think that Swati also has importance in his present? Shloke does not believe that she wanted to know whether Swati is important to him or not but that she is only interested in winding him up because she enjoys seeing him in pain. Apparently Astha is a sadist and he tells Astha off that she has lost this competition because he is a much bigger sadist than her. Well baby bear is saying the truth here. I will have to give him his dues to recognising his sadistic tendencies. The way he was smiling and enjoying his drink while Astha's heart was being broken on their SR was actually a very good example of sadistic behaviour.   Yes... he was very sadistic and I hope he atones for that truly, and his remorse is shown properly.

Shloke continues that this time her cheap antics are not going to have any influence on him and that girls like her do not have the right to be trusted. He further adds that whatever is happening is happening for the good and that now even if she leaves, he will not mind. Does that mean that it would have affected him before?  I mean say for example yesterday when he was throwing the smileys on the floor?  Astha begs him to believe her because she cannot even hurt him in her dreams and Shloke counters that girls like her only know how to give pain.

Throughout this entire altercation Shloke did not take Astha's name and he was refering to her in third person. So whom was he shouting at...Astha? Swati? Or the brain worm that has lodged in his brain and which needs some whacking to be removed from his brain? There was another thing regarding this altercation, this felt more like a tantrum display than a full-fledged blow out.   Yes to what you have written here.  Shlok is now clinging onto to imagined wrongdoings of Astha so that he can justify his behavior and be in his comfort zone though he is miserable in that zone.  So has Shloke reached the point where he has nothing substantial to shout at and hence his irritation is getting converted to tantrums when Astha is concerned? Shloke walks away and Astha is left devastated. Both keep on remembering Shloke telling Astha that whatever is happening is right and that his hatred for her is soon going to crash the Richter scale and that now he will not feel any pain when she goes away. Interestingly when they were showing Shloke driving and remembering his harsh words at Astha the camera swings between focussing on his face and the car's mirror, while Astha is just walking and remembering what Shloke told her. So Astha is now becoming sure that Shloke does not care for her and since he came that means Swati is important for him? But this swinging between image and reality in Shloke's car...is he confused?  I like your interpretation of this scene. Astha's thoughts were clear but Shlok's behavior was confusing.  As Astha walks away, someone tugs her sari's pallu and it is a little boy who asks her what is the matter with her? She hugs him and starts crying...little boy...mmm...so is another little boy going to hold her pallu when she decides to walk away? By the way this real little kid looked completely confused with Astha suddenly hugging him, then crying and then suddenly leaving him.  Yup, any kid would be baffled if a strange crying woman hugs him and then leaves him abruptly.

Meanwhile Shloke is doing target practice. Most probably to let his anger out and maybe also clear his head. He is shooting at a target and his aim is not missing...he has flashbacks regarding him breaking the guitar, throwing away the broken glass bangles and throwing away the ball. So all the flashbacks are to do with removal of memories. When he initially lowered the gun, he was not angry but looked as if he was trying to make sense of things. He removes his ear muffs and his trademark music starts playing. He gives a determined look at his image on the mirror. So is it the time for the return of the shrewd Shloke and for him to go after the person who is doing all this in his trademark Shlokie way...I mean the way he hoodwinked Astha? Has is confusions cleared for him to choose a path? Shloke is a mixture of NNeranjan and Anjali. From the former he gets his shrewdness and from the latter the emotions. But since at heart he is more Anjali's son than Neeranjan's, when his emotions get the upper hand then shrewdness takes a backseat. He showed his shrewdness when he went after Astha. He was attracted to Astha and although there was some emotional connection, they were not strong enough, so he could control them. But whenever in sporadic incidences the emotions took an upper hand he did lose the plot. But slowly over time he has become emotionally involved with Astha and recently he has been hit by the bulldozer of his past. So his emotions have taken the upper hand and he has become distracted. Now if he has finally reached a point where he has nothing else to shout at and where he is starting to deal with his confusions, then chances are there that this time he will use his brain to get to the bottom of this situation. Also by doing that he will be able to separate memories from reality and accept that even if two people might have some characters in common, it does not mean that their inherent nature is also the same. Of course the makers can show him again going back and going after Astha and the same thing being repeated again...But what are they going to get from that?

I really hope that it is shown the way you are interpreting.  I don't want to see the repetition of his behavior with Astha.  Also once I read your interpretation,  I remembered the similar type of scene that was shown in early episodes.  It was when he had observed Astha with old ladies from behind the tree.  Then in the night he was shown drinking and thinking and then next day, he changed his strategy.  So I hope that they show a change in his behavior.

Back in Agnihotri mansion, it is midnight and Astha is reading a book and wondering why Shoke has not returned home. She has a flashback of Shloke telling her that girls like her cannot be trusted. She brushes aside the memory and decides to call Shloke only to get a message that the phone has been switched off.  Astha does bounce back even after she she gets hurt. In the meantime she gets to hear the sound of a payal and goes to investigate. She does manage to see the wandering night-time entertainer and runs to catch hold of her, only to bump into Anjali who was coming from the same area as the wandering night-time entertainer. Anjali refuses to accept that there is someone dressed up as a bride wandering around the house at night and when Astha could not find her, Anjali tells her no to tell this to others because people might believe her to be mad (mmm...ok I am leaving this for the time being). Anjali's behavior made me suspicious.  Either she knows something or she is playing some game either on her own or because of Niranjan's wishes. So Astha heard the payal from top of the stairs when the person was roaming on the ground floor and Anjali did not hear or see anything when she was in the area of the might time stroller? 

Regarding Sojal, she brings Kavya and does not get permission for her daughter to take part in sports. She is a bit disappointed but then Anjali tells her that if Kavya gets injured then who will marry her later on in life. And Sojal accepts this? When she was determined to get permission from Anjali? Varad is least bothered that Kavya's dreams are getting squashed, he is more interested in work and in the fact that Sojal did not fight with him regarding what Anjali told him. Varad actually deserves to lose Sojal because he has taken her for granted and only can find fault in her.  But he forgets to look in the mirror at his own actions.  Is Sojal up to something or am I missing something here? Sojal does not have the capability to think deeply, so does Anjali wants to distract her attention from Varad and to focus it on Astha?  That seems probably and now Sojal is also on her own.  Previously, she was either taking advice from Abhay or Jaya.  Now she is keeping her cards close to her heart.   Yesterday Anajli wound Sojal up and now she is holding her back from fighting with Varad. Then Jyoti also gets to know that her child might be aborted and that she is getting this special treatment just because she might be carrying a male child. She already knew this, so why is she so surprised? Earlier she was ready to fight and now she has left everything to bappa.  The surprise part was confusing unless she did start hoping a little bit that Abhay would change this time.  But she was suspicious enough to eaves drop on Abhay/Sulbha conversation too.  And did she give up after Sojal tattled on her.  Or is she going to gather the strength again when it would be revealed that she is carrying a girl.  Why did Anjali mention about girls being injured as kids and not getting suitable grooms? Is this just a passing comment or is there more to it? I have known people passing on the same advice to others regarding girls and I have also known of girls from well-established familys but who had some sort of mental or physical defects for which they were married off to less desirable grooms...So what is happening here.  This is a great point.  I remember that we always used to wonder why Niranjan would marry Jyoti to a loser like Abhay.  Jyoti does wear those long sleeved blouses all the time.  Neither Anjali nor anyone else in the family wears those.  So there has to be a reason why Jyoti is married in a very middle class family where Abhay is a good for nothing person relying on Shlok's donations.

By the way Shloke returns home drunk and falls on the bed while Astha removes his shoes, socks and covers him with a blanket. Now Shloke had accused Astha for being a  sadist ...will a sadist do what she is doing?  Yes, if only Shlok would open his eyes before he ends up losing a person who cares for him the most.

Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: decemapr

@misti73 @myra and Angie12 you, trio are rocking the forum..and also including jonee giving hope to this forum people...👏

decemapr,  thanks.  I know the forum is down these days.  I think these are 6 months blue.  Every serial starts dragging in the 6th or 7th month.  Then when ratings go down,  they pull up and start going back to the core story.  I think it is happening here too.  But the story seems to be coming back to focus on important characters.   
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sagar_ayush

What a lovely analysis..Loved each & every line..
U have given very clear connections between the past & the present..Hope the cvs are also thinking the way u are..
I like ur take on the mystery person who is trying to create differences between Astha & Shlok..
The ghost bride is Aditi as she sleep walks..So then who is behind the card & bangles..No outside person will do this..we were all zeroing in on Aditi..but she sleep walks so then who??May be to divert attention the cvs have introduced Aditi..at last we may see someone else behind all these..But what about the guitar tune Adti played..how come she know that tune..
The coming episodes may be interesting..
The cvs are making the show rather confusing than mysterious..Hope the cvs remove the confusion..
Yes..Avinash was awesome as always..he gives the best in his shot..such a talented actor..👏👏

Sagar, sorry for the late reply.  I missed seeing your post.  

Thanks for liking it.  I think (and hope I am right) that CVs are bringing the story back to the way it was supposed to be.  Aditi was introduced as probably the CVs thought that the mystery of other woman would bring higher ratings.  Instead the opposite happened as they lost the focus.  Somebody in the family (Niranjan, Anjali or both or even Varad) is involved with this.  Aditi could be somebody's puppet too.  

And yes, the CVs need to remove some confusions before moving ahead.  Too much mystery if not shown properly without involving major characters irritates sometimes rather than intrigue viewers.  

Avinash is just great as Shlok and he is very talented.