Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DN2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: princessunara

3 weeks! 15 episodes! And now I am at the end of my patience!!  This is NOT about the game plan NOW that Ashish is not available! Yesterday was only the tip of the iceberg! The real issue is about the way Paro is slowly not being given ANY proper screen time OR any introspection! 
And yesterday just highlighted how far they have neglected Paro and her sufferings/feelings everything!!

People say she is silent/docile/gentle n there is nothing to show!
But why r they not showing what she thinks, her missing her home, her mamisa, her thakurainmasam her bindi who she lost barely 2 weeks ago! CVs r utterly disappointing me with the way they r going!

I did not sign up to see this show AND they did NOT sell this to us, they said it was the journey of a young girl and I hardly see that in the show that is on right now! And i am one disappointed viewer! 

I agree with you on the above post.I was feeling the same that she is just being dressed up like a doll and made to stay  with a sad face 24/7 and now it looks like she has slowly stopped thinking for herself too.There are so many ways she can inform her whereabouts to others,though dangerous,she can talk to Dhanveer and get the facts straight,as he is also in the army.
she screams at rudra once in a while and then for the next 2-3 weeks,she is just dressed up.
and gaon ki choris are not docile at all.they are smart too.even that thakur's henchmen had more than 3 lines to speak in 2 episodes and this girl had one word-bathroom.
Edited by DN2012 - 10 years ago
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: .bohemian.

So, Paro is a weak character? Apparently, someone with a quiet resolve is weak. And one who throws a hissy fit at every encounter with the male lead... but turns into an all accepting one after tying the knot isn't. I guess the 'strong' characters are so stereotypical on desi tv, we hardly recognize the ones that don't fit the bill.

I do agree with Jaya's post. Rudra's character and every nitty gritty reason to validate his behaviour has been laid out in detail. But there is hardly any insight into Paro's character. I personally watch the show as a whole. Paro's side of the story has not been explored, if at all. Does she lament her current state? Does she not have an iota of doubt that Rudra may be right? From the looks of it, it seems she's blocking things out and will blow up like a volcano eventually.

Coming to the oft compared show. The TRPs were quite stable when the male lead was missing. And took a plunge after the infamous homecoming. The TRP women like to watch a woman's journey. Stagnate the character development of the woman and people start to give it a miss.

I agree with your post completely, and especially with the last part. TRP audience likes a strong supportive man, but they connect with the female lead of the show. Skip her journey and her emotions, and the audience will have no emotional connect to latch on to. 

If Paro is confused, SHOW her confusion. If she is in denial, SHOW her monologues, her inner battle. She fights with Rudra, that is her defense mechanism ... but she told Kaaki that she trusted Rudra more than she trusts Kaaki ... why? Show that thought process. 

As for Paro being a weak character, I guess the desi audience still equates strength with loud volume and dramatics ... quiet strength is an alien concept. Paro's world has been disrupted once when she was 6 years old, and now again fifteen years later. Most people barely struggle through when they are orphaned once ...  she has been orphaned twice. Yet  she is still holding strong and not collapsing in tears all the time, that too in a hostile environment with no one of her own around ... that is not the mark of a weak character. 
-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: showviewer

Well, Paro is the most positive character and it is in the creatives hands how the FBs and monologues are shown and they need not be depressing. Even in depths of despair the most touching scenes were when Paro looks her reflection in the funny mirror and smiles. Paro thinking about where her life is heading and reflect on Rudra does not entail copious tears or sadness. Infact lately Rudra had more breakdowns than Paro.

KCM is fun in doses, but a week full of her zingers would be tough to take and with Rudra gone she will be nagging her DIL, taunt Dilsher or snap at Sumer.

As I have said...I am all for Watching Paros monologues or conversations with her favorite God Shankar, and with other characters as well...

I just disagree with any implication that she is being somehow neglected...and some sort of injustice is being done...

Regarding sadness...sadness does not always have to be expressed with tears...people can be silently sad and there could be a silent but heavy mood...

I do want RR to be more fun and not miserable...so if the FBs about her life that she lost can be done without the heaviness...I am all for it...

And lastly I really dont like lead hero vs. lead heroine comparison...in terms of how much attention one is getting...and a sense of wrongdoing...I think that can lead to nothing good...

Edited by -Sush- - 10 years ago
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Nice suggestion Sunara. They have a good story where there are many angles to be shown, instead of introducing new characters. The main story is good enough to carry on, even without the male lead. 
jeesie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Totally agree with u , cvs is not doing justice with paro character , at least they can give her more screen space and some powerful dialogues
MesmerizingSanz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Totally agree
The promos shown were also from Paro point of view but in the serial it is opposite, initial few episodes were good but now🥱 
Majority of tv viewers are females and they are more interested in woman or couple  problems
If they would have focused on  Paro character and showed her journey from child to marriage to widowhood and than remarriage , it would have garnered more Trps

showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Sush-

As I have said...I am all for Watching Paros monologues or conversations with her favorite God Shankar, and with other characters as well...

I just disagree with any implication that she is being somehow neglected...and some sort of injustice is being done...

Regarding sadness...sadness does not always have to be expressed with tears...people can be silently sad and there could be a silent but heavy mood...

I do want RR to be more fun and not miserable...so if the FBs about her life that she lost can be done without the heaviness...I am all for it...

And lastly I really dont like lead hero vs. lead heroine comparison...in terms of how much attention one is getting...and a sense of wrongdoing...I think that can lead to nothing good...

Bold- Thank you Sush for spelling it out and comparison was NOT the intention of the post or the thread as well and I agree nothing good will come out of it.

My take was on storytelling and the comment about RR becoming too tragic and heavy and it is OK to disagree on point of views.
Edited by showviewer - 10 years ago
bohemia thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiyaS

I agree with your post completely, and especially with the last part. TRP audience likes a strong supportive man, but they connect with the female lead of the show. Skip her journey and her emotions, and the audience will have no emotional connect to latch on to. 

If Paro is confused, SHOW her confusion. If she is in denial, SHOW her monologues, her inner battle. She fights with Rudra, that is her defense mechanism ... but she told Kaaki that she trusted Rudra more than she trusts Kaaki ... why? Show that thought process. 

As for Paro being a weak character, I guess the desi audience still equates strength with loud volume and dramatics ... quiet strength is an alien concept. Paro's world has been disrupted once when she was 6 years old, and now again fifteen years later. Most people barely struggle through when they are orphaned once ...  she has been orphaned twice. Yet  she is still holding strong and not collapsing in tears all the time, that too in a hostile environment with no one of her own around ... that is not the mark of a weak character. 

So right, Diya. Kaki was offering her freedom. What made her trust Rudra more? Ainvayi. A bit of thought process, perhaps a monologue with her chewing on the thought would have worked. We lament low TRPs. The show is all over the place. It has to be cohesive to get people to watch.

People had an issue when Paro cried for a week. We signed up for angst, and not mush. A show does not work on mush and 'hawt scenes'. The SO shows would be chart-toppers if that was the case. Most members on the forum simply loved the 'choodi romance'. But that did not help the numbers. Why? People want more light and comedic scenes, turn Sunehri to a clown so to speak. SO hope that does not happen.
AdiGallia thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think they are just buying time ,that's all.
_SilverLining_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I totally agree! On one side where we have Rudra remembering his mother (whom he lost 15 yrs back) almost every other day, Paro is hardly shown reminiscing about all the people close to her whom she lost just a few days ago. Ok I understand that she mayn't want to show Rudra that she's weak, she may say that she has stopped thinking about her past, and she may leave whatever is happening round her to God but as a person she is bound to sometimes ponder to herself about her life! She must have some views, some ideas about what's happening and what should have happened. Its been quite a time now since we had had a Paro scene all to herself showing a glimpse of who she as a person is. A love story is a story of two people, and I'm starting to feel that I'm seeing much more of one person than another right now.