Why this disconnect has happened regarding Paro!!UPDATED

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
I am simply copy pasting Jaya di's post to tell what I wanted to tell my issues regarding yesterday's episode was not standalone. She has explained it perfectly n I realized that I don't need to add anything else or write it again as this is exactly how I feel! 👏

I think what this one episode without Paro has done is to highlight a discontent that's been building up over some time at what to many, including myself, seems to be a disregard for Paro's thought's and feelings. We know Paro doesn't want to get married but has she thought about what she'll do if the marriage goes ahead? Does she worry about Rudra trying to get close to her? Does she get scared thinking that this might be for life. We know she's left everythign in God's hands but she's human and she can't not think about these things. She came back to the haveli partly because she had nowhere else to go and partly because she wanted to prove her innocence. Remember the dialogue that when she had proved her innocence then Rudra would beg for forgiveness but she wouldn't forgive him? So how is she planning to prove her innocence? Why don't we see Paro remembering the important people in her life when her wounds are still so fresh.
I thought the episode was fine and I liked the ThakurSa-KakiSa scene but instead of the Maitali-Samrat scene which was nothing new why not show Paro thinking about how strangely Rudra behaved when he 'found' her yesterday or even a scene showing how everything is hurtling out of control. Where is the story of Paro's journey or does it just exist in relation to Rudra? To show character growth we have to be privy to Paro's thoughts and for that we have to hear her introspections.
Perhaps Ashish being absent and Paro not getting screen time is just a coincidence and Paro's screen time would have been the same even if Ashish was there but not seeing her on screen today just reminded me that my attraction to the show was that we were going to see Paro's journey. It is still early days but if I don't know how Paro thinks today then how am I going to see her growth and understand the changes she's undergone?
I like that this show is developing other characters too which is important but it shouldn't be at the cost of the story's heroine.

One option I have personally in mind is this one

It actually doesn't have to be full sad also... they can use many flashbacks - freshly shot, which we have not yet seen. Some escapades with Bindi, some specific memories with her jija, maybe her wedding and bidai and how a happy young Paro was helping out in it, how she n mamisa had some moments, show how her Thakurainmasa taught her how to sew..and how she used to spend a lot of her time with her... 
Use them to give us her memories of happier days along with reminding us who Paro was before she lost her identity.. those will cover a lot of screen time in a happy way.. it might have an underlying bittersweetness at the end of the memory.. but that usually works well..

So i truly hope they go that path. 
Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Just have patience princess...it will come...
They need at least a day to figure out a game plan...😃
Edited by -Sush- - 10 years ago
BillyJean. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Totally 100% agreed
After the episode when Paro returns to the Haveli and challenges Rudra, we have not really seen Paro's character progression.
What is she thinking?
Is she afraid of Rudra's behavior towards her?
Does she have second thoughts about going through with the marriage?
Is she at times tempted to just sign the papers out of fear? Or maybe end her life?
Does he think of running away?
Does she remember her Mamisa, Thakurain?
Does she think about what happened to Bindi? Has she questioned Rudra about Bindi, because according to her Bindi has been abducted by BSD.

WHAT IS PARO THINKING?
Please CVs show us what is this girl thinking

A love story needs to focus on the journey of both the leads.
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -Sush-

Sush -- there are so many coaches... they should co-opt one of us!! But on a serious note , would be good to see Paro's musings -- the issue is that Paro does not talk ... cannot talk ... so the only one who can be her sounding board is the Thakurain or Rukmani... let's see if one of them makes an appearance soon... 
BillyJean. thumbnail

Sush, it should have come long back...that's what is worrying. This worry is not in response to Ashish being out of action There has been a constant disconnect ever since Paro returned to the Haveli.
We do not want a a one-sided love story...been there done that
Edited by SanayaIsBest - 10 years ago
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Would be nice to see Paro in Thakurain flashback singing that same song she sing to her son to Paro. 
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

3 weeks! 15 episodes! And now I am at the end of my patience!!  This is NOT about the game plan NOW that Ashish is not available! Yesterday was only the tip of the iceberg! The real issue is about the way Paro is slowly not being given ANY proper screen time OR any introspection! 
And yesterday just highlighted how far they have neglected Paro and her sufferings/feelings everything!!

People say she is silent/docile/gentle n there is nothing to show!
But why r they not showing what she thinks, her missing her home, her mamisa, her thakurainmasam her bindi who she lost barely 2 weeks ago! CVs r utterly disappointing me with the way they r going!

I did not sign up to see this show AND they did NOT sell this to us, they said it was the journey of a young girl and I hardly see that in the show that is on right now! And i am one disappointed viewer! 
-Sush- thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessunara

3 weeks! 15 episodes! And now I am at the end of my patience!!  This is NOT about the game plan NOW that Ashish is not available! Yesterday was only the tip of the iceberg! The real issue is about the way Paro is slowly not being given ANY proper screen time OR any introspection! 
And yesterday just highlighted how far they have neglected Paro and her sufferings/feelings everything!!

People say she is silent/docile/gentle n there is nothing to show!
But why r they not showing what she thinks, her missing her home, her mamisa, her thakurainmasam her bindi who she lost barely 2 weeks ago! CVs r utterly disappointing me with the way they r going!

I did not sign up to see this show AND they did NOT sell this to us, they said it was the journey of a young girl and I hardly see that in the show that is on right now! And i am one disappointed viewer! 

Fair enough! There are almost  no monologues for any character...but Paros issue is that she is quiet and doesn't talk to anyone,...But...she can not be shown to be drowning in sorrow either...This story will become all about sorrow if that is also brought in...I think it is already sad and full of hatred most times...

Do agree that some monologues will be good...
BillyJean. thumbnail
@Sunara, do you know how we can get this out the creatives
You are pretty active on FB right?
This is getting too much now!
I have sent tweets regarding this.
-Sush- thumbnail

Originally posted by: SanayaIsBest

Sush, it should have come long back...that's what is worrying. This worry is not in response to Ashish being out of action There has been a constant disconnect ever since Paro returned to the Haveli.
We do not want a a one-sided love story...been there done that

Paro was very strong on Friday when she said he is lying...
She told him flat out yesterday...that she thinks he is making up stories ...

We don't want her to be walloping in sorrow... Do we? ..Despite her situation...she still trusts Rudra and she feels secure with him...and she is able to rejoice in other people's happiness...

I think her characterization is consistent and strong in her own way...