Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: -Sush-

OK...saw it...read the post too! 

Can't say I disagree or fully agree...may be I just don't feel as strongly about this...while I would like some monologues, and some sweet  memories...I disagree that the main heroines character is being neglected...I think there are many scenes indicating what she is thinking that come out in her interactions with various characters...

I think she is shown to be soft and strong...at the same time...

But again...that's just my opinion...

One place where I have an exactly opposite preference is ...watching more FBs of Varun ...and the fake marriage...I am sick of that fake coward dying that death a thousand times...I would like to move on...

Even I don't feel the female lead has been neglected... She has got adequate role...in a tv soap... The female lead and vamp..always gets the lions share...just the last 3 days we saw less of her it was bad luck..
Already a lot of my friends feel that RR has a lot of tragedy... I tell them it's fun with KCM zingers... If they start showing paro...fbs.. The birpur scenes initially tanked the trps..I don't think public could relate to such a village paro , mami...even me who has always liked sanaya found her jarring in the initial weeks..

Right now in the haveli it is looking a semi urban but more believable..
Edited by msin - 10 years ago
shonasandy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Wr have to keep clam till ashish bsck with recovery on set...
Till date we have to support our show CV...

showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: msin

Even I don't feel the female lead has been neglected... She has got adequate role...in a tv soap... The female lead and vamp..always gets the lions share...just the last 3 days we saw less of her it was bad luck..
Already a lot of my friends feel that RR has a lot of tragedy... I tell them it's fun with KCM zingers... If they start showing paro...fbs.. The birpur scenes initially tanked the trps..

It is in the creatives hands how the FBs and monologues are shown and they need not be depressing. Even in depths of despair the most touching scenes were when Paro looks her reflection in the funny mirror and smiles. Paro thinking about where her life is heading and reflect on Rudra does not entail copious tears or sadness. Infact lately Rudra had more breakdowns than Paro.

KCM is fun in doses, but a week full of her zingers would be tough to take and with Rudra gone she will be nagging her DIL, taunt Dilsher or snap at Sumer.

Edited by showviewer - 10 years ago
showviewer thumbnail

Originally posted by: shonasandy

Wr have to keep clam till ashish bsck with recovery on set...

Till date we have to support our show CV...

Of course, but here we are discussing something else. ðŸ˜Š
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Im also not entirely happy with the lack of focus on Paro, not because Sanaya is playing the role, but because it is impacting the balance of the show. 
Having said that, Sanaya knows better than us, she must have her reasons to have signed-up to the role. So lets trust her instincts on this one. Given that the TRPs are stuck in a rut, this is definitely an angle writers have to explore. they have focussed a lot on Rudra and that hasn't really helped the TRPs. Let them now focus on Paro and see if the TRPs pick up.
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

Im also not entirely happy with the lack of focus on Paro, not because Sanaya is playing the role, but because it is impacting the balance of the show. 

Having said that, Sanaya knows better than us, she must have her reasons to have signed-up to the role. So lets trust her instincts on this one. Given that the TRPs are stuck in a rut, this is definitely an angle writers have to explore. they have focussed a lot on Rudra and that hasn't really helped the TRPs. Let them now focus on Paro and see if the TRPs pick up.

yes, it is no guarantee, but as its the one thing they have not done it just might help the TRPs if this story could be told from a woman's POV at least half the time, n allowing the regular TRP audience who do not discuss scenes to look for in depth analyses to connect to her.. and think of this as Paro.. so that they connect to her..
its common knowledge that TRP audience latch in to female characters be is saas-bahu or the FL of a love story.. so that connect is very much missing cz they have been utterly neglecting Paro.. quantity and quality both has been steadily reduced...specially quantity and in depthness...

portray Paro.. let us connect to her.. think of her when we think of the show.. 

this is no guarantee as i said.. but its the one thing they have NOT tried yet! So try that and see too!
Deus_Vult thumbnail
well   looks  like  history  is  repeating,😳
This  PH   has  great  history  of  showing  their   male  character  as  super  heroes  and   female   would  be  shown  as  a  doormat ,  expected🥱,   
i   hope  the  CVs   concentrate  more  on  FL  now  as  the  ML  character   will  not  be  seen  much  in   the   show  for sometime
This   is  the  best  opportunity  for  exploring  more  of  Paro's  character  
rather  than  mythli  samrat,  mausam  aunty  ,  sumheir  and  all🥱 
deleteaccount thumbnail
That's true. :( I thought they will show more of Paro and her inner turmoil when Rudra's not here. Like they did with Khushi when ASR wasn't there. Remember?  Something like that maybe. Sumer and Maithili's scene was blehh and boring.  
Somehow ThakurSa and his pink make-up compensated Paro's absence <3
bohemia thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So, Paro is a weak character? Apparently, someone with a quiet resolve is weak. And one who throws a hissy fit at every encounter with the male lead... but turns into an all accepting one after tying the knot isn't. I guess the 'strong' characters are so stereotypical on desi tv, we hardly recognize the ones that don't fit the bill.

I do agree with Jaya's post. Rudra's character and every nitty gritty reason to validate his behaviour has been laid out in detail. But there is hardly any insight into Paro's character. I personally watch the show as a whole. Paro's side of the story has not been explored, if at all. Does she lament her current state? Does she not have an iota of doubt that Rudra may be right? From the looks of it, it seems she's blocking things out and will blow up like a volcano eventually.

Coming to the oft compared show. The TRPs were quite stable when the male lead was missing. And took a plunge after the infamous homecoming. The TRP women like to watch a woman's journey. Stagnate the character development of the woman and people start to give it a miss. Edited by .bohemian. - 10 years ago
showviewer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

Agree with you but script and screenplays change in daily soaps after narration to artists in the beginning as writing is an ongoing process here. Don't know how much an actor can change things after signing up for a project, but creatives need to explore both the protagonists in a "love story" or say it is journey of a traumatized man and get on with it.