Yami Gautam says humour touches more hearts |

hasini009 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Yami Gautam says humour touches more hearts

Priyanka Srivastava   |   Mail Today  |   March 5, 2014 | UPDATED 14:28 IST

For Yami Gautam, to be a part of films that narrates a strong subject in a light-hearted manner isn't coincidental.

Gearing up for her new film Total Siyapaa, a comic take on India-Pakistan romance, Yami returns after her applauded debut in Shoojit Sircar's Vicky Donor, a humoristic take on a subject as serious as sperm donation.

"Consciously picking the right script after a long period of wait, helped me grab a perfect film in the rom-com genre. The premise of both the films is extremely serious, but what makes them interesting is the humoristic manner in which they are depicted on screen," the 25-year-old actor said.

During her visit to India Today Mediaplex along with her Total Siyapaa co-star, Pakistani singer-actor Ali Zafar, Yami discussed Bollywood's take on India- Pakistan stories.

"Humour can touch the heart more closely but this genre demands a tight script and brilliant handling. India-Pakistan war and romance have always been sensitive issues for film-makers in both the countries. No one ever thought of making a romantic comedy out it," said Yami, who plays an Indian girl who is in love with a Pakistani boy and is trying every trick possible to convince her parent.

"Vicky Donor proved that the audience was waiting for well-scripted funny films," said Yami.

"I intend not to do an item song ever. I find the term 'item songs' bizarre. I do not want to comment on its presence and its popularity but I would rather avoid it," said Yami, who is excited to shed her girl-next-door image with her next, Action Jackson, starring Ajay Devgn.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hasini009 thumbnail

Yami Gautam says humour touches more hearts

+1👍🏼
ILoveDrama thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Yami and Ajay not sure how that will turn out, hoping that it won't be another Himmatwala
-RohitMaxwell- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
VD was awesome.. but not impressed with this films trailer or songs.. Yami deserves better films <3
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Total Siyapaa may be the first surprising hit of the year...
Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
And white chuna touches more face
Debarati7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yes..I agree..it does...But i just dont get how crass humour like Grand Masti does..🤔
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Loving the songs in Total Siyapaa :D hope it's a good watch!