..Jyoti.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Awesome update..
Felt sorry for Laila..
Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
That was awesome! Really showed how Laila actually had nothing against paro, damn she didn even know paro was pregnant. I highly doubt cv's will show Laila like dis, but would have been nie to see a vamp who wasn't just unnecessarily evil.
shree10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
You wrote beautifully . Things from laila's perspective. But you know maybe I am more hung up on parud but I dont feel much sympathy for Laila. No man and esp one like Rudra is not worth wasting  8 precious years of your life for..
For that I just feel bad for her as a woman.

surenkal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
what an awesome story... gripping and characterized so well
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
You've brought forth a very interesting character in Laila. However, I'm afraid her character in the serial is going to remain rather one-dimensional. If they do change it , it would be a wonderful thing to do. But Indian TV with its love of only black or white leaves no room for a character as conflicted and grey as your Laila.
I  loved this part of the series. Although when you think about it , it does put Rudra in a rather ugly light, no?
Sonata24 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I have no words.
This has been a wonderful rendition to that woman called laila.
You are spot on when you say that justice hasn't been done to that character. I'm so glad to have read this, for you have brought out the pain, the hidden feelings, the love that a woman has bourne for that one man who she knows would never fully be hers.

It has been a pleasure reading your work. Kudos for the effort you've put into this.

please do write more. 😊
CheshireBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
I think what hurt the most was the contrast in perspectives.
Sure, Laila's voice was needed.
But I think Aman's voice too was needed.
For until Aman had his say and and we heard his thoughts, the magnitude of the injustice done to Laila isn't as evident and heartbreaking.
Of course the world sees Rudra as Laila's saviour. It sees his pain. His trauma. HIS bitter past.
But no one asks any questions about the prostitute. She is deemed LUCKY for having Rudra's careless companionship.
And Parvati is the pure soul who REDEEMED him. How could a lowly prostitute (even one who claims fidelity) be able to do that?

This last part made me sympathize almost entirely with Laila alone. If I were a lawyer, despite knowing what she's done, I would offer to represent her citing all possible defenses-- insanity, if necessary.
But she wouldn't accept.
And Rudra wouldn't even understand why she's done what she has.
Just like Aman and General Singh who only see Paro as a woman-- not Laila.
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
You brought Laila to life in all her full-blown, over-painted glory; showed us the reality behind the mask; and made us bleed for her and for every woman like her. It was a knife-in-the-guts read because of that. And at the end I wanted some justice for Laila. Now if only the CVs would give us some of this depth in the Laila we see on TV...  
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: SS88

You've brought forth a very interesting character in Laila. However, I'm afraid her character in the serial is going to remain rather one-dimensional. If they do change it , it would be a wonderful thing to do. But Indian TV with its love of only black or white leaves no room for a character as conflicted and grey as your Laila.
I  loved this part of the series.
Although when you think about it , it does put Rudra in a rather ugly light, no?

Thank you for your comment! I don't know if its ugly so much as its rigidly conventional and therefore, unthinking. He's a very traditional man, in many ways. He has what would be considered old fashioned beliefs among men of his age group--patriotism is hardly sexy, nor is his single minded focus on a very unusual career. No fashion-house empire for Rudra banna!

And his viewpoint on family, whether he admits it or not, is very traditional.  With his dad, for example--he is a "good" son, and he is a good friend to Aman, to his juniors.   And he will be a good husband, ultimately. Paro fits into that concept of what makes a woman "good"--the soft virginal beautiful woman he must protect as his wife.

But he is not the man to be fair to the woman who has been his companion for 8 years. And she doesnt really need him. she's independent, fierce, sensual. Its not what he expects women to be. He would have gone on being brutal to Laila, with or without Paro's arrival into his life.  Because she is, ultimately, what he cannot tolerate--unconventional, sexual. A wild woman, a woman outside traditional roles. Or, maybe, in the oldest role of all--the wh**e. Its not something Rudra would see as acceptable. 

And I think he will discard her, in the future, quite cruelly. It makes for good TV, it pleases the TRP aunties to see the bad girl being brought down.

But for us-- I wanted to make it uncomfortable for us when that happens.
Edited by napstermonster - 10 years ago
StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Edited on p.14. Turned into a somwhat longish wandering comment, so, please bear with it. :-)