Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Sunara LOL ...your post coincides with an article just out...on various kinds of male characters.

Rangrasiya mentioned...😃

Guinea thumbnail
Lovely post Sunara . I was so pissed yesterday night .. Was thinking of taking a break from the forum .. Better now.
Quoting something you have written
Seriously 1st promo ended with him keeping a gun to her head and she being down.. 2nd one was she running barefoot on the scorching sand and him hunting her down like an animal..

It is not in our hands that the show will be liked by all , it's not in our hands that the trp's will be swell but it definitely is in our hands that the forum is a fun place to visit for all. By all means criticise a scene / character etc but post after post of negatively is getting too much in my opinion.
Ppl wish to leave the forum so that can enjoy the show in peace ... Need I say more.
nitrit95 thumbnail
i dont want suraj or naitik or gopi bahus husband i like rudra  i like his harshness i like it when he defends paro not like this henpecked guys above i enjoy the show actually thats the only show i like no show is perfect nor desi or videsi
Asr-Ki-Sam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Superb post!
It was needed!
mozart66 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Fantastic and a much needed post!! Agree with you all the way!
Exprimere thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Well... it's okay. It's opinion.

Jaane do na. This is exactly what you expect out of shows. Such complaints are what you expect from forums too.

To malign the whole show just coz you don't like the one thing that's problematic in a character is silly. And if one is that sensitive, there's technically nothing to watch on tv. I get it if one wants to express their feminist opinions (like me! Heehee!), but I have a problem if they go too overboard with the reactions to their own posts. Did they not expect disagreements when they started the topic?

So I'd say, take the forum AND the show with a pinch of salt.

And now you return to your happy-happy posts. And ignore such negativity. :)
janiya2010 thumbnail
I always love to watch a serial where they have a rough and tough guy who is hard to be break.As far rudra is concerned he is harsh but he has not misused his power against paro baisa.I am just eargerly waiting for story to unfold to see how this jallad is going to turn into humanbeing by our soft hearted paro.😳
FairyLiquidSoap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Heads up although I do not watch Lamp and Wick my TRP neighbours do and both the grand daughters dream of a husband like Suraj who in their eyes has all the qualities of a good husband whatever that be and they did tell me why and I was impressed but not enough make me watch that show ever I have my reasons

Su every show has its share of good bad and ugly days All these weeks the ride has been relatively smooth it just got a bit bumpy yesterday ergo it looks a whole lot ugly than it seems Everyone has a right to express their opinions as they see fit I did not see any mocking posts only questioning or critical posts raising a few sane points Many of us in the forum have past ghosts to lay images of another time another place Christmas past et al I am sure you are understanding what I am hinting at Having been badly singed once extreme reactions are to be expected and accepted Brickbats and Bouquets are what makes a forum evenly balanced

I for one now don't go too deep and begin to live my life as the spokesperson for the character I prefer to study people who are tangible and impact my life personally My days of emotional investment in a show and characters have long died I am grounded enough to know this is just a soap filled with fictional characters that will constantly change as per the viewers demands I may make a post once in a way to share a opinion or vent my frustration over the direction the writers are headed I may even agree in activist posts because that is how I might feel over the way the way the show is headed on that particular day I am allowed to have grouses over a fictional story in a channel that I pay my DTH operator to watch.
RR did come with a caveat emptor

I think a reason why I got annoyed last night maybe also due to the inconsistency of Rudra's actions The writers have shown him to be slightly whiffle-waffle in the sense he starts of with pure anger and hatred then somewhere maybe due to TRP pressure they show him softening That scene with that Bollywood number big mistake for it sent the wrong signals and then they tried a bit of lightheartedness between them and then some stir of attraction I think they made the mistake of humanizing him slightly before his time So when he threw that gauntlet of marriage coldheartedly it seemed a bit bizarre and thoroughly calculative to save his job Just as we all oohed and aahed and gushed over the bit of mush they threw our way it is expected that there will be extreme reactions to this as well Yin and Yang

Now if they had not thrown those scenes then the viewers may not have sustained their interest Catch 22 I for one thoroughly enjoyed the first month ok felt a bit queasy over the initial interrogation scenes but soon enjoyed the threesome of Aman and them A tale was slowly being carved Then when the figures came in they panicked and cut short that and brought in the Great Indian TRPworthy Family and that is when I started to feel the unease when Kitchen Politics got more space than it should Probably if they had balanced all it would have not been so bad I do wish they had subtly mixed in Dining Room Tales with a bit of Paro as Nancy Drew to find some clue on her own Parallel of Thakur and some Parud scenes then one day Mohini discovering she is a widow then all hell can break loose or some allusion to the honor and dignity of a young single woman living with her fiance ah well cest la vie It is not my story to tell I am assuming there is a deeper reason Like I wrote in another post he has to lose his very identity for him to face his demons head on

Surprisingly Paro has been shown unswerving in her hatred and her compassion is not because she cares for him but that is how she is but having said that I also sense a frustration among many over the lack of her emotional turmoil's and inner dialogues

I find RR too rudracentric for my liking right now Yes I very much like Ashish's acting I have always been a sucker for Method Acting I find Rudra hot love his uniform but I am not a phangurl delirious to see only 1 character and damn others as long as I get my daily dose of fantasy I like watching soaps that are evenly poised between the leads It makes for viewing pleasure A reason I have recently started watching a 11 pm show- a delightful balance of both that makes it such a joy to see and this from a Grinch

Right now RR is too one sided with thought and care given only to his pain and past Everyone talks about it scenes centre around it I wont be surprised if they next show Laila brooding over his past A case of overkill for me and the writing is such that you immediately feel for Rudra and I am not taking away anything from the actor who is brilliant

In Paros case there should have been scenes of a widow's angst her thoughts of Varun Mamisa Thakurain Bindi the list goes on Sanaya is excellent in connecting to the heart She made one epic character hers and how that none of us could ever forget so we know what she can bring to the table yet they have hardly given her scenes to show her ache uncertainty and horror of her current predicament One powerful scene of her ridding of her bridal attire mangalsutra and her sense of loss would have been fantastic not just for the viewers but for TRP as well If someone were to suddenly start watching RR they would never know she is a widow and assume she is single That much less of an attention has been paid to her characters thoughts and emotions We are left mocking her hyperventilation which by the way she is just breathing a bit faster out of fear of the unknown and it is not like the other show Something I also do when I have to walk back home alone at 10pm I realize it only when I get into the safety of my house that my breathing is real fast

What happened to her nightmares? They have written Paros role and scenes only as an adjunct to his story which does not work for me I am left despairing once again at this short shrift once more Sometimes it seems Paros life came into existence only when Rudra handcuffed her they have been that remiss Having someone of Sanaya's emotional caliber and not using that to full strength is such a shame and waste of an actors talent It would be wonderful if they could show a scene of her contemplating donning widowhood as a retort to his blackmail This is one PH that is messing up big time on its opportunity to connect with TRP female viewers by under utilizing the FL Show more of her story and see the numbers go up It happened once before but lesson not learnt I guess This PH writes its males characters too well so much so that an ex male lead of another show it produces although possessing very mundane acting skills was made to look extraordinary by the sheer power of the script and lines and scenes that it made him larger than life How do I know? I watched it initially when the FL was shown headstrong then I later lost interest when he turned psychotic and she spineless and this was just within 2 months You now my taste I guess US UK dramas have spoiled me that way I want the entire smorgasbord not just an entree I sometimes wonder if Nautanki producers are vicariously living out their own fantasies through their male leads

The so called negativity in this forum yesterday is not even a fraction of the corrosive acidity of another yet we all thrived there so why this sudden outburst by many
One cannot constantly praise sometimes the elephant in the room has to be called out
Honestly I did not see any trolls or trouble maker's just people with divergent views Now that I have offered one does that make me a dissident? We accused another forum of intolerance and prejudice are we not in danger of practicing it ourselves now? Every one has the option to read reply or ignore Last time I checked we still live in a free world I would never wish RR becomes a fraction of what the Dememtors Delight was and is
We I hope are way above that

And I know for a fact that we are not head butting but just exchanging our views Am sure MKM will ditto that as well and will still continue to have our own bit of fun despite divergent opinions at times

For the record
I am willing to bet no marriage something momentous like his mothers appearance at his wedding will bring the first rumbles and equations changing paro will have her first doubts But I do foresee in the very near future as this constant allusion to her honor and spending some nights with him will be Mohinis fav stick to beat her with so probably being an honorable man he might just do the right thing Notice I used the word honorable so I have cooled down after all its just a soap and a nautanki one at that and I have far more pressing problems in real life than Rudra and Paros to be or not to be wedding

Sigh the signs are there everytime he is going to fume he will head straight to Paro The man who held her hand and said softly she could share with him in the morning has now become a raging bull in the night She had a W*F expression on her face and I guess that is going to be her lot Sins of the father

Sun I do hope you will not MU me in anyway we both I think are far beyond that sort of stuff and leave it to the likes of ASR and Rudra only We are women smart and know better

🤗 Edited by FairyLiquidSoap - 10 years ago
Swap-Arhi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Rant and rave but everyone will come back to see it coz its addictive. The grey shades are there but how love makes him overcome this is the story. Ive seen this kind of show before though sad at times to see the female lead bare the brunt of anger from male lead for no fault of hers it still is a fictional show and this is what the show  is about. Their journey of them from down to up.
Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Fantastic post! I have said to so many this is how his character is meant to be from initial days, but still people act surprised when they see him act like that