Why watch RR expecting Rudra? [DT NT-PG6]

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
Just a simple kostin

You dislike angry young men with tragic pasts who ill treat women.

Its like u wanna watch bad boys but just to kinda satisfy some feminist streak u have to dis the show for showing it!

Hate him for his actions sure, but wasn't this what we signed up for? We were told that Rudra will be an animal of a level that hasn't so far been seen on Indian TV. And he will hurt Paro, lacerate her and destroy her.

I am not asking u not to blame him or be angry at him! Write ranting posts against him, fine! I am sure today after the episode i will be one of the first to come and blast him! But why blame the show for showing it when that is what they promised to show us anyway? Why this 'i didn't sign up to watch this' bull shit? If u read the articles, if u listened to the interviews u will know that this is EXACTLY what u signed up for as far as Rudra being nasty goes!

1 thing though, i also think they should cut down the masala chachi! i have had quite enough of her spewing venom.πŸ₯±
Max 3-5 mins of her per episode is all i am willing to take!! 

Plus i guess with Tarun's paternity leave issue was affecting the Takur-takurain-BSD track, n was the reason for chachi being given so much air rime and that story took a back seat.
But now its coming on track...

So well. let's wait n see what happens..as different pieces r individually established, they will now all come together.
Edited by -VishaD- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MoronsKiMallika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I think all of them need to see the RR intro promos in a loop to refresh their memory, Sunaara.

Last we checked, Rudra was not singing "Tujhe dekha to ye jaana sanam" with Paro in sarson ki fields. The very first promo shows him as the dark captor and Paro as the captive dove. So, i want to know that thinking what did this moral police signed up for the show? 

Its amusing. You walk into a show by your own choice , KNOWING WHAT YOU WILL BE SHOWN, and then, you write pages and pages on wanting to slap your YRF story on them. 

And then, they complain that fandoms are not taken seriously.

Tch.Tch. Fickle much?

P.S- I love Sooraj, BTW.
Well said sunara..
I like watching shows where the male lead is the alpha and the story should be entertaining.
My reason for staying glued to RR is just that after IPK I found an alpha here..

I wanted to see a story on captor captive situation...very unique on indian tv...though very popular on romantic novels..
..I have no issues with the candle wick show in fact I watch it once in a while .. But I don't watch that for its male lead...
Edited by msin - 10 years ago
ragzz. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Well said! ;) all these people.. want is mushy romance, they don't care about a story of a show or how meaningful it is..all they want is eye locks and cheesiness with saas bahu drama. I mean the makers of RR never revealed anything besides those promos of RR we got initially, don't what some people expect out of it! It's simple, watch it if you genuinely like or go watch something of your own interest or if tv shows are rubbish or watched for fun then simply quit watching TV shows and don't make it hard for others who actually enjoy somewhat little good tv shows that we get. Jeez!! Edited by SublimeSanz.. - 10 years ago
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Nice post Sunara! πŸ˜›
I'm not watching RR expecting a Suraj. I'm watching RR expecting to hate Rudra ... because he was supposed to be an animal. Till now, he wore a facade of being an honorable man, and I actually liked him. By blackmailing Paro to marry him, to save his own job, lost that saving grace in his character ... for now, I hate him. Since that's what the makers want us to do, I guess it's okay πŸ˜† 

Rudra is NOT a wonderful guy or a gentleman ... he is a flawed hero ... very flawed. He has a lot of bitterness and hatred buried inside him ... when he turns the tables on an equally bitter and venomous woman with her own axe to grind, I applaud him ... when he turns it on an innocent, I flay him. That is the way the CVs have written him ... he is not to be praised all the time or drooled on. 
Suni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Fantastic post! I've been wondering what all these people who 'signed up' want to watch? I've realized that some people are never happy unless they are complaining. Few days ago it was about how Paro was so passive, now it's about how Rudra is too angry. Wonder what's next. Also they seem to jump to conclusions about what's going to happen in the future and vent about that. Arre baba, at least let the episodes air and then complain. 
Then there are those that are looking for logic in everything. There is no logic sometimes for what happens to us in real life, this is a story. If things worked out logically all the time, the show would have been over in a month! This is a daily - there will be inconsistencies and plot points.

I for one am seeing what I was promised on the screen. 

The sad part is that some of the folks complaining are those who's posts and FFs I used to enjoy but now everything I read will be colored by this complaining side of them.

Edited by Suni - 10 years ago
Lipstickqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: DiyaS

Nice post Sunara! πŸ˜›

I'm not watching RR expecting a Suraj. I'm watching RR expecting to hate Rudra ... because he was supposed to be an animal. Till now, he wore a facade of being an honorable man, and I actually liked him. By blackmailing Paro to marry him, to save his own job, lost that saving grace in his character ... for now, I hate him. Since that's what the makers want us to do, I guess it's okay πŸ˜† 

Rudra is NOT a wonderful guy or a gentleman ... he is a flawed hero ... very flawed. He has a lot of bitterness and hatred buried inside him ... when he turns the tables on an equally bitter and venomous woman with her own axe to grind, I applaud him ... when he turns it on an innocent, I flay him. That is the way the CVs have written him ... he is not to be praised all the time or drooled on. 

Thank you for writing the above. 

I'm not looking for mushy romance per se but as a viewer can we call it like we personally see it? His behaviour today was horrible, whatever the reasons may be the end does not always justify the means. 
milinda.shreyz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
πŸ‘to u princess for writing this post. thak gayi main ranting posts padhte pathte.If u want to see a doodh se dhula hua hero, go and watch DABH or even that YRKKH ,watch SC even but plz dont watch RR .simple!! each of the initial promos depicted him as a beast, a predator and her a dove captured and kept in lion's den. and u signed up seeing them,knowing that there would be rough drive ahead, not rosy romance path !! so why no cying ur hearts out ?
Does not really make senseπŸ˜•
gunji thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i want at least 10mins of PaRud scene without anyone's intervention in the show...episodes without good PaRud scenes r depressing...like yesterday's oneπŸ˜’

otherwise the show is great..enjoying it totally

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: MoronsKiMallika

I think all of them need to see the RR intro promos in a loop to refresh their memory, Sunaara.

Last we checked, Rudra was not singing "Tujhe dekha to ye jaana sanam" with Paro in sarson ki fields. The very first promo shows him as the dark captor and Paro as the captive dove. So, i want to know that thinking what did this moral police signed up for the show? 

Its amusing. You walk into a show by your own choice , KNOWING WHAT YOU WILL BE SHOWN, and then, you write pages and pages on wanting to slap your YRF story on them. 

And then, they complain that fandoms are not taken seriously.

Tch.Tch. Fickle much?

P.S- I love Sooraj, BTW.

no no Vicky. its not about DABH being bad or Suraj being bad, if u see the newly cropped up feminist posts u will see that apparently RR is boring & Rudra is boring and done to death - and i know for a fact that the same set find a character like Suraj super boring. That was a reference point for that set rather than a generalization of the character as a whole.
So its basically musing what that set would find as actually interesting from what is VIABLE to be shown on Indian TV.

Seriously 1st promo ended with him keeping a gun to her head and she being down.. 2nd one was she running barefoot on the scorching sand and him hunting her down like an animal..

So what the hell did these people expect when they started watching? Actually I personally liked the darkness of the captive 1st 2 weeks a lot. This is not real life, i wouldn't want this in real life. But as far as fantasies go this is what i want to watch! The softening from him was nice to watch, but i was waiting for the ruthless beast to emerge in a way as that was what the original premise was.

Anyway let's see if they have a sensible answer about a show that would be viable on Indian TV?

And another - some r apparently telling "not having logic is to be expected" POV is an insult to Indian shows.
I AM NOT AN INDIAN.. And i know more than half of this forum r not Indians, yet these illogical shows have surpassed even Americal logical shows for many of us. So its a fact to be proud of right? That even illogical as it is, its loved by none natives too?