Farz (duty) of a husband

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
Sheesh its late n i really should go to sleep .. but as i was watching the episode again i couldn't help but feel this, so thought to write it and go.. cz it was a serious thought n anyway would have bugged me till i shared it.

I was thinking about the way that spineless Samrat stood standing like a retard while his wife was insulted and above all else was attacked verbally!

And when the same treatment was turned on to Parvati and the moment she was attacked, starting verbally to move on to physically before any harm could touch her, he stood b/w her and that person.

Actually rather than 'any' random harm this post is applicable for these in-laws dealings. cz one might be a son first, BUT the moment u take the saath phere/ vows or whatever else that sanctions a marriage u r making a commitment to that partner. And as a man, as a husband this is what should happen.
I don't understand the point of letting the woman who is ur mother to insult the woman who is ur wife!

You r the ONLY person connected equally to both! And u bloody as well live up to the promises u made!

In most cases MIL shouldn't even have a say in what the couple does! And its the responsibility of the son to tell it to her in no nonsense way that to mind her own business where their marriage is concerned!

Anyway i think its as far as PaRud r concerned this thing that happened now is the exact thing that will always happen if this saas bahu crap is tried on Paro by masala witch! Rudra will always stand b/w the two of them as every husband should! 😳

Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BillyJean. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Fabulous Sunara!
Mother adds a certain value and wife a different value, both are important and have a separate place for the guy.
Its his job to know the difference and keep it separate.
Husbands & BFs need to read this but None of them are on IF, πŸ˜†
Edited by SanayaIsBest - 10 years ago
bkamber thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Well said Sunara πŸ‘
Beautiful post.
Asr-Ki-Sam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
fab postπŸ‘πŸΌ
Dekho kitna fark hai rudra aur samrat haiπŸ˜›
ujwala444 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well said... thats a quality of a husband most admired... bahar wale se tho har husband will fight to defend... its at home that wives have more threat ofbeing physically abused..attacked...and its usually a very smart man who can indicate that he is not going to take the wife being insulted... usually men chicken out when thier own parents/family abuse their wife...as they are afraid of being called joruka gulaam...
tvbuf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
One would hope.
Wonder how it would be if it was Rudra's mother who was behaving that way with Paro.

A lot of men choose not to intervene, as it is a battle that no one can win.

Mother has her point of view, wife has hers, and never the twain shall meet.

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: SanayaIsBest

Fabulous Sunara!
Mother adds a certain value and wife a different value, both are important and have a separate place for the guy.
Its his job to know the difference and keep it separate.
Husbands & BFs need to read this but None of them are on IF, πŸ˜†

thanks di :)

this is why i hate men with mummy issues! lol wish there were many men around to read what we think of such wimps!! 
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
A man has to tread a tightrope after marriage, and balance between mother and wife. He should not insult either one to defend the other ... but neither should he allow his wife or his mother to be insulted by the other. 
That's probably why most men choose to stay out of the battle πŸ˜† If they support the mom, they are called mother's boys, if they support the wife, they are called joru ka ghulam. 
After marriage, a couple should be seen as a single entity, not as separate individuals ... insult of one, by anyone, is insult of both and the husband has to stand up for his wife. When a wife stands up for her husband, she is being a good wife, but when a husband does the same, he is called joru ka ghulam. Double standards always. 
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Well said Sunara πŸ‘and I think each relation has it's own place and respect but who  remembers all of these things.
prettypri thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Very valid point!
I wish husbands everywhere would understand this and behave accordingly!
Unfortunately where the mother is concerned most husbands turn out to be like the dummy characters we see on certain other shows.. Who not only keep quiet but go against their wife for their mom!
Here Samrat should have spoken but this is still a rural setup they are showing! Even highly educated husbands take their wives for granted and don't want to offend their mothers or appear henpecked!
In fact why wait till a hand is raised... Even verbal abuse should not be tolerated beyond a point! I don't mean men should involve themselves in normal kitchen politics but when it comes to the wife's feelings and emotions they should not keep quiet!
Very often respect for elders is equated with bowing to even unfair demands put forth by them!