Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VIMAL.SM thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: DN2012

Thanks Vimal,I have a son and I am strongly trying to shape his view about women.I am trying.Believe me.

I hope I have done something right,when I see him respecting women.
Pray for my success in my endeavors.

Sure Will Pray For You Success . Society Needs Moms Like You . Who Can Teach Their Son's To Respect Women
DN2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
as i said. agree to disagree. cz we r from 2 extremely different schools of thought that will never ever in 100 yrs agree on this point! 

Never Sunara.we absolutely will not agree.this is my way of thinking.
I will keep this my way for my family.
That will be the case.LIke You said.Let's have a healthy agree-disagree relationship.
But nice to know people with different views and thoughts can air thier views without being bitten down.
Thanks for all the mature disagreements.

Parud_Forever thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Brilliant and a much needed post Sunara di๐Ÿ‘
I don't know why people are complaining so much regarding sanaya's costumes i find them perfect and sanaya is looking gorgeous in them...โค๏ธthanku so much for making this post ๐Ÿค—
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: DN2012

You have a point .I agree.

But I still disagree.
My philosophy is that Pallu is there for a reason.It is to cover your chest and your stomach.so that we don't get abused physically.Even though we are stronger than we were in 19th and 20th century,we are still at the bottom of the food chain.If we get abused,we get abused.There is noone to rescue us sunara.we will always be at the receiving end.
Whether anyone including Sanaya covers their chest and stomach or not is their choice.i have no say in that.That depends on Sanaya's comfort level.
But I have a say when I say that Pallu is for covering your front and back.We women have always been treated as sex objects.we ourselves are the reason.we expose and then say we are being treated abusively.

Whoa, so you think we will always be at the receiving end and we shouldn't do anything about it? If women get abused, it's the abusers sick's mindset and not the fault of women. Dressing has nothing to with it and covering up certainly doesn't ensure safety. A woman draped with dupatta is just as unsafe as a woman dressed in a miniskirt.

Instead of telling women how to dress and how to conduct themselves, why can't we expect or teach men how to treat women for a change, irrespective of how they dress?

I am not questioning sensibilities of women who prefer to dress conservatively. I am all for it as long as long as it is the woman's choice and not because they think it will protect them against abuse and that all women should dress that way in order to protect themselves.

The fault lies with the patriarchal society, where the female child is told to cover up to avoid abuse instead of teaching the male child to respect women. As long as women support these rules made by men, society will never change.

Edited by incandescent - 10 years ago
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
HAts off for all the effort Sunara. Compiling all these must have taken a lot of time. 
ajaved thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: frozen.devil

hey a lovely n much needed post!! just loved the way u have posted so many evidences showing that paro's look is not at all odd or exposing 2 much... i luv her look... its rustic n rajasthani bt at d same time it makes her look innocent, adorable n BEAUTIFUL..

very well written! ๐Ÿ‘

Well said
MadhuO thumbnail
Love your post Sunara.
You put a lot of effort into it and it is appreciated by many. Kudos. ๐Ÿค—
BillyJean. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Really appreciate your effort in putting this together Sunara
leanne_1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Excellent post Sunara. You have done a fantastic job with this post. Man...you will be a good lawyer if you ever choose to become one someday. ๐Ÿ‘
GodhuliLogon thumbnail
sunara .. paro's role doesnt go with ur examples .. 
I am a bit pissed off with her clothes may be she is looking thousand times pettier in these dresses but i dont approve this kind of wearing as paro .. ( i wear anything i like so does Sanaya ) im talking about only paro .. 

i will compare paro with balika badhu and gulaal and rest like ..