Once and for all about Paro AND SANAYA's DRESS !! READ THIS

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
I have had enough of this clothes nuisance

Ok let me first tell that I am effing frustrated over this hypocritical nit picking of Paro aka Sanaya's clothes.

So for once and for all I will address all the points that have been raised so far.

Let's take the elephant in the room out of the way 1st.

Sanaya is being exploited. Poor Sanaya.. oh.. how she is forced to wear stuff she is not comfortable in!!
And now that single sentence of her where she made an observation regarding her new dress having less covering than the neck to toe covered Rudra's oversized clothes is used to show how Sanaya herself is not comfy.

1st of all let me tell all the internet worriers that - Sanaya is a grown woman. She is well respected in this industry and if she is not comfortable with some dress she has the guts as well as the clout enough to tell it and get it fixed!
If u are a Sanaya fan u will know she is not someone to let any1 force anything she doesn't like on her without making a single protest.

Anyway u r after all now using Sanaya's own words to prove a point right? Let me use the same method. but not a vague statement but a clear clarification from her that she absolutely loves the look that was designed for her for the show as Paro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNtzL15fl9M&feature=youtu.be

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNtzL15fl9M[/YOUTUBE]

I will even go as far as to type a word to word quote
"This beautiful outfit is made by Jerry, our best stylist. So yehi pehenrahi hu. And LUCKILY MERI SHOW MEIN YEHI LOOK HAI (So I am wearing this, and luckily in the show I am sporting the same look)"

Now this doesn't seem to come from someone oh so uncomfortable does it?

Anyway let me share some caps of the outfit as she wore it.

Now few more caps of Paro on the show where she is even more covered actually!

Look the extent of exposed waist is MUCH MUCH lesser here

So I am guessing that is enough to sort this misunderstanding of exploiting poor Sanaya against her wishes nonsense!

Point 2.

Glamorizing of the female lead. And thus facing an issue of watching with family!!

Now well tell me one thing, why is it that when its Sanaya that is the main lead only people have such a huge issue?

I am using 2 actresses I personally like and have been fans of since their 1st serials namely Kyunki & KZK.

Mouni & Jenny

Mahadev airs at a time slot MUCH BEFORE Rangrasiya! SMACK in the middle of prime time when RR is actually airing at the end of it just before night timing begins!!

So how many of u shoe away ur impressionable innocent children away when this beautiful lady comes on it?

(See this snap - there is a girl child too! Did u people write to the authorities of exposing that kid to it first hand considering u people r making such a hue n cry over it here?)

AND how many of u had an issue about her being dressed like that and the rest on the background not being dressed like that (see image) ,AND RAISED the issue on the forum? Tell me, how many people regularly crib about the length of the choli or the cleavage?

So why the HELL is it an issue when Sanaya wears not just a WAY WAY more sedate outfit that shows NO CLEAVAGE AT ALL compared to that and much less of midriff too!

The same case here again = in GPA the other 3 ladies who danced with Sanaya wore much more covered clothes. That is cz some people have the body to carry something and some people have different suitable looks!
THAT IS another reason that the rest on the show r not dressed like her apart from her being the freaking leading lady!!

Now let's take Jenny from SC. SC comes at 7.30 PM. Now that is the time i used to sit in front of the TV and do homework! So that is definitely a time kids are around right?

So how many of u wrote petitions and waged wars on IF to ask them to cover Jenny up?

Jenny looks stunning here! So did u people see that or did u do the same thing u r doing to Paro aka Sanaya and ask for a wardrobe change there too?
Jennifer Singh Grover

And another point. The so called glamorization being condemned by comparing other Rajasthani shows to this.

1. saas bahu shows or social message show - usually they base them on a rural backdrop
2. romances - they take a small town girl to a bigger city and the story unfolds there

RR is a unique situation of a rural love story - but what these guys don't get is, they will not dress the balika vadhu kid in a midriff baring dress cz its a social message show.
But they dressed Khushi in that manner and will dress Paro in that manner cz they r straight out romances..

PLUS - luckily this time RR is at 9.30-10.00 pm that is the last end of prime time and can show risque moments so to speak. And sensual looks and wardrobe to match and scenes to follow r gonna be a norm every1 will have to accept.
cz despite being based on a rural backdrop its a fantasy love story, and thus will be treated as one..

So here the issue shouldn't be Sanaya dressing like this as Paro is an issue but not her dressing like this for Khushi.

Originally posted by: LoveCC

I am a SI fan and loved each character that she played.

Since I can't express in words as well as you do here are my two cents.
-Seerat 

Finally my last point.

3. The so called reality. You want reality?

OK what about this for a good reality check?
I am going to copy paste my reply from another thread in to this cz i wasted enough time already putting all of this together.

My only answer to u people is that what they are showing REALITY!! What other cultures consider exposure is not what Rajasthani culture thinks is.

Ex: where i am at, exposing midriff would not be very advisable unless its a sari, even then exposing much is not the norm.
BUT a skirt/mini short about 4-6 inches above knee level and a tube top/spaghetti top might be much easily accepted as long as tummy is covered (which is what i am right now wearing) while head covering would get one strange glances.
Leaving out legs open is normal for us and leaving tummy open is kind of taboo for us.

In Rajasthan check out the snaps, covering the head and legs is the mandatory part - which they kept very rigidly till Paro's wedding.  After that what they will do with her i dunno, cz she has already been without head covering in front of the house people while she wore Rudra's clothes. which changes the situation.

None of the cultures r wrong.
Now my most shy friend to the most bold one will wear a short skirt cz its what we usually wear unless it looks bad on that specific person.

Just like that a girl born and brought up in California near the beach may wear a bikini irrespective of if she is the shiest kid in the class or the most outgoing one. cz that is a day to day activity like eating certain native food items!

What most of u r making a big deal is the normal thing in Rajasthan from all the stuff i and quite a lot of others found after going through many real documented stuff!

Originally posted by: incandescent

OK, I googled Rajashtani women and here's what I found.

Rajashtani women usually cover their heads with the dupattas but don't always cover the front. 

The lady in orange ( behind the one magenta) is wearing a short choli.

This lady is wearing a deep neck choli. They are villagers btw. 

These are some paintings that I found. Artists have depicted Rajasthani women in sexy, backless choli's as well. So I guess, they wear these kind of choli's too.

The whole question is about authenticity right? So tell me, how any of these are different from what Sanaya is wearing in the show? 

Are the first three pictures not real? 

Originally posted by: msin

... I have been to jaipur ... Lived in agra which is 3 hrs away from Jaipur..

It was a standing joke in my trip... That the ladies wear very sexy blouses with low neckline... Backless blouses.. Some were absolutely scandalous...but the idea was to keep head covered and half the face covered when talking to men folk like mohini chachi is doing..

LINK: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/100783848

Originally posted by: ifsaal044

thanks for this.

I recently found this about rajisthani women in this on a site about tribal women in Rajisthan villages.

You can clearly see short cholis with waist exposed. All part of the norm there.

In all this, I think Sanaya looks gorgeous and love seeing her.

So now I have addressed 3 issues that people seem to have with this dress. So come up with a good defense to me why u can negate these facts I have shown and talk sense!

Finally

Feminism is 'me' wearing what I want and what i feel comfy in, not what the hell my husband, boyfriend, mother in law or neighborhood aunty or the dogs in the streets think I should wear!

And a request to the other sane people
If u see any more topics over this. Bookmark this one and the 1st one of u who come across the post copy and paste this whole thing there.
So if the poster has any issues after that - which has not been clarified through this can ask it then.

PS: if u had a genuine gripe the last 2 points should cover it as that is facts and figures. if it was the 1st one.. read it.. i have nothing more to say to that such ones! πŸ₯±

Made this cz i am sick of people working hard to nit pick and find faults about this show while having enjoyed the same situation in other cases.

Issue either has to be 
1. U don't like skimpy clothes in general - but did u have an issue with IPK, SC or Mahadev also?
2. Issue is of Sanaya wearing skimpy clothes in RR - then why was it ok in IPK?

And ya bring everything up..

Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

frozen.devil thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey a lovely n much needed post!! just loved the way u have posted so many evidences showing that paro's look is not at all odd or exposing 2 much... i luv her look... its rustic n rajasthani bt at d same time it makes her look innocent, adorable n BEAUTIFUL..

very well written! πŸ‘
chandana.s thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Brilliant Post...Really a much needed post..Hope People get some sense & end this issue, Im really irritated to see so many posts about the same telling how much the cloths r exposing and all... πŸ˜‘

Seriously !! If im not wrong those r the same people who r waiting to see some romantic & intimate moments bw Paro and Rudra and drool if the lead actor showed in less cloths but cant digest a women who is just showing her midriff, and in almost all mythological shows the girls dresses even less compared to Sanaya but u dont have any problem watching them with ur family but u can't see RR..
V4o9 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
SunaraaaπŸ˜›
Kya bhadaas Nikaala!!! Good job!!

Hats off just for the patience to do this!!πŸ‘πŸ‘

I 100% agree with you. How in the world does it matter what she is wearing? She is comfy. Poeple who work with her look comfy. Its no ones business what she wears. These kind of thought processes itself is a barrier for development for women. Live and let others live!!

Some people are just shameless hypocrites. Ignore them. And how much ever we try they are still going to point fingers just for the heck of it. They are just made that way!!
BillyJean. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Love you for doing this Sunara...
Fantastic!
AWesome!!!
Brilliant!!!
All points well covered.!!!!

subiaman thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
WOW... you seem to have done a lot of work. Great...I don't know how Rajastani women are dressed. But I thought it would be less revealing just by my limited knowledge of watching movies and stuff. So I expressed my opinion about the same in a post. First of all, I love Sanaya and have nothing against her. That was just an opinion of an avid serial watcher. I appreciate you changing my views with your well thought out research.
I have only once comment- you could have said this without using that patronizing tone... We all have opinions- some might be right some wrong. We are free to express that even if it is stupid. As long as it is not directly instigating a fight, it is OK even in the IF land. A knowledgeable person like you can point our our mistakes without sounding like a head mistress and admonishing us for being of so low thinking...

So if I write anything against Sanaya or her dress what will happen? Judging by the tone of your language- I am sacred!!!!!! I guess this will be my last post on Sanaya- good or bad...No matter how much I love and respect that actress, I will not use her name in any of my posts... Thanks for the warning!

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Sunara I'm on the same page as you about her outfits. They looks stunning to me. Even I don't get the constant discussion on her clothes instead of her performance.

But if people are fixated on a view let it be. After all it's a free forum.
DN2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
You have a point .I agree.
But I still disagree.
My philosophy is that Pallu is there for a reason.It is to cover your chest and your stomach.so that we don't get abused physically.Even though we are stronger than we were in 19th and 20th century,we are still at the bottom of the food chain.If we get abused,we get abused.There is noone to rescue us sunara.we will always be at the receiving end.
Whether anyone including Sanaya covers their chest and stomach or not is their choice.i have no say in that.That depends on Sanaya's comfort level.
But I have a say when I say that Pallu is for covering your front and back.We women have always been treated as sex objects.we ourselves are the reason.we expose and then say we are being treated abusively.

Yes television is the medium for exposure.If you want to act,you should leave shame at the doorstep.It is a known fact.You have to sleep with everyone before you even see the lens.This is not happening with men.They are not sleeping with anyone if they want to act.so yes women do expose
I have a daughter and I have instilled in her the reason for having a chunni  and pallu.

Yes I am for  covering up
And I will keep telling Paro needs to cover up.
see the difference yourself
half naked Paro
Elegant Paro,See how beautiful she looks with her chest and stomach covered up.she is no less beautiful now that she was before.she is still the same beautiful girl.If she can cover up at this point why can't she do it throughout the serial.Her beauty will only be enhanced.Her pallus are so beautiful and if you fan them out,she will still be the goddess that she is..

But for some reason,like Jennifer Lawrence says,in this world SEX SELLS.and everyone is utilising it.

Like in yesterday's episode,Rudra tore her sleeve and she said Suyi daaga lagegi.I was laughing my heart out.she was exposing her stomach,chest and back and a choti si sleeve tore and suddenly suiy Daaga????
That was very funny..
This is my 2 cents

Edited by DN2012 - 10 years ago
-CrazySobtian- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Wow sunara! It was a much needed post! even i was pissed with all this dress problem. Thanks a lot for the clarification and a bang on post!
This should solve this problem
ragzz. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
all I have to say is BRILLIANT! πŸ‘