Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: swati1975us

Irony of ironies - that film he acted in is apparently about smuggling ðŸ˜†. Also if anyone remembers "Narang" was a pretty popular last name for smugglers in Hindi films in the 70s - the writers had a sense of humour. ðŸ˜†

It isn't called Irony, it's called Autobiography. ðŸ˜‰
Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 10 years ago
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Swati, where dd you read that Timmy is penniless?
Al I can read is about a rich guy who even has membership at Lords which is a rather exclusive club. He owns his own restaurants that are separate from Rama Narang's. 

Rama threw his brothers out of the business in 1990 and the different sets  built their own businesses,including Sanjay  

Edited by BullsEye777 - 10 years ago
swati1975us thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BullsEye777

Swati, where dd you read that Timmy is penniless?

Al I can read is about a rich guy who even has membership at Lords which is a rather exclusive club. He owns his own restaurants that are separate from Rama Narang's. 

Rama threw his brothers out of the business in 1990 and the different sets  built their own businesses,including Sanjay  

So basically all the wealth of the Rama Narang branch of the family is in the hotel and catering chain (Ambassador group) and the properties they own. Now those assets have been under litigation for a very long time and I believe that litigation is still going on and is really ugly. The main guys in that litigation are Rama (Timmy's father) and his two older sons. 

Ramesh is the largest shareholder in the  Ambassador group and I believe the 3 kids from Rama's first marriage have full control over Ambassador. 

Now Rama may have given some assets to his 3 kids from his second marriage (including Timmy and Ramona) but I doubt it is anywhere near what people think it is. Also, almost every single one of Timmy's ventures has done poorly. He may have been blowing up his inheritance. That may also explain why Ramona Narang suddenly felt the need to turn designer after being a good-for-nothing social butterfly for so long. 

Sanjay's Mars group is also doing so-so - I saw his name pop up as defaulters on debt payments for some of his properties. 

Edited by swati1975us - 10 years ago
swati1975us thumbnail
Also BullsEye, check out this news report. This is about Timmy's latest venture
http://frontierindia.net/master-chef-sanjeev-kapoor-opens-restaurants-yellow-chilli-stir-crazy-thane#axzz2sCG0mXWb

Pay careful attention to this para

"Masterchef Sanjeev Kapoor opened The Yellow Chilli' and a Chinese Oriental dining experience Stir Crazy' at Viviana Mall, Thane. The Yellow Chilli restaurant comprising of 110 covers is on the second floor of the mall, facing the main road. To top the offering is the open terrace seating. ICPL (Indian Cookery Pvt. Ltd.) headed by Rajeev Matta, manages the The Yellow Chilli chain and Sanjeev Kapoor's other restaurant brands.Stir Crazy has been conceptualized into reality by Mr Rohit Narang who has years of experience in the Hospitality World through Ambassador and Mars Group which has given us iconic brands such as All Stir Fry, Eat Around the Corner, Pizza by the Bay, etc. Stir Crazy is about food, family and fun."

So basically Timmy has no stake in this business but is merely doing the conceptual work for this restaurant. Why would he do that unless he has zero capital to launch a restaurant on his own? 

NoThanks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Swati Swati Swati, you are back with a bang eh.
🤗

Sush has a thing for name Sanjay.😳
On topic : From Shilpa's hubby to Narang, they all are ek hi thaali k chattey battey.
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Swati: I really have no clue what to understand by 'conceptualize into reality' 😆 It can mean he was the investor to make the brand a reality.. who knows. However, this restaurant 'Stir Crazy' is sold in the media as Rohit Narang's. I don't know whether all the restaurants Sanjay Kapoor has in his name are actually his or his name is used purely for branding.

And have Timmy and Isha broken up?

Edited by BullsEye777 - 10 years ago
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Timmy Narang was hot in Survivor. So was Abhinav Shukla. 
swati1975us thumbnail

Originally posted by: tvdekha.

Swati Swati Swati, you are back with a bang eh.

🤗

Sush has a thing for name Sanjay.😳
On topic : From Shilpa's hubby to Narang, they all are ek hi thaali k chattey battey.

😆 As Sush baby will say - "Arrey janab, yeh to aapki zarranawazi hai"

Really - what other Sanjay has she been with? Here's her dating history

Rajat Tara
Sanjay Narang
Vikram Bhatt
Randeep Hooda
Anil Ambani (rumoured)
Mudassar Nazir (again the rumour was that he was just a cover up for the Ambani affair)
Wasim Akram. 

Who's the other Sanjay I've missed? 
swati1975us thumbnail

Originally posted by: BullsEye777

@Swati: I really have no clue what to understand by 'conceptualize into reality' 😆 It can mean he was the investor to make the brand a reality.. who knows. However, this restaurant 'Stir Crazy' is sold in the media as Rohit Narang's. I don't know whether all the restaurants Sanjay Kapoor has in his name are actually his or his name is used purely for branding.

And have Timmy and Isha broken up

Yes - hard to tell. But since there's clearly another investor and management company for this restaurant, I honestly think Timmy is simply lending his name the project (which baffles me - Sanjeev is well known on his own - why would he need Timmy to promote this?)

However if you notice - you'll see that those who turned up at the launch are all Timmy's buddies from Survivor or otherwise - so I guess that's what they need Timmy for. 

I saw one report that claimed Timmy and Isha have broken up - Isha is FB friends with a friend of mine - let me go check her profile :)
Edited by swati1975us - 10 years ago
swati1975us thumbnail

Originally posted by: .DejaVu

Timmy Narang was hot in Survivor. So was Abhinav Shukla. 

Abhinav is gorgeous - one of the hottest TV actors by far. Too bad he's lazy ass and doesn't want to stick to projects beyond a few months.