Posted: 10 years ago
OK, this post is strictly for the most hardcore Bolly gossip trivia seekers. So here I was watching some trashy video on Youtube when Isha Koppikar's wedding video popped up. And among all the oohing and aahing over Isha lucking out - amir, handsome pati and all that - someone left a comment where the gist was
What lucking out? All this is just smoke and mirrors and Timmy has no money of his own. He and his sis Ramona are kids from their father's second marriage and get this - apparently Daddy Narang was a multiple times jail-wasi notorious smuggler of his time πŸ˜†. Some of you guys know who Timmy's sautela bhai - the real heir to the Narang fortune is - Sanjay Narang, one time boyfriend of Sush Sen. 

This got me curious and I googled for more info about Daddy Narang. Turns out not only was Daddy Narang a notorious smuggler, he even produced a film starring himself in the lead role back in the 1960s! πŸ˜† Here's a clip from the movie

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIKN6AvjNCo[/YOUTUBE]

Sanjay looks like Daddy Narang's spitting image - but Timmy looks nothing like him. BTW, that's a lovely Kishore-Lata song. 

What amuses me about this entire story is how people can earn respectability in a matter of one generation and the kids of a notorious smuggler become "heirs to Bombay's premier business family"

Wah re teri kismat wah re tera khel
Chhachhundar ke sar pe chameli ka tel

that us y our country have gone down the pits where smugglers have business empires n rapists r vying for pm seat!

Dope on Isha Koppikar's sasurji

^ Thats Pun-ny.πŸ˜†
Originally posted by .DejaVu

Dope on Isha Koppikar's sasurji

^ Thats Pun-ny.πŸ˜†

It would have been if Daddy Narang was actually doing dope waali smuggling. But apparently he was smuggling out antiques. 
Irony of ironies - that film he acted in is apparently about smuggling πŸ˜†. Also if anyone remembers "Narang" was a pretty popular last name for smugglers in Hindi films in the 70s - the writers had a sense of humour. πŸ˜†
Never mind, this Narang family khichdi is just too weird to figure out. Turns out Timmy is actually the son of Rama Narang - Manu's brother - also a smuggler mind you - so smuggler sasurji story stands (alliteration ki maa behen). 
So he is Sanjay Narang's cousin, not sautela bhai. Apparently Bada Bhai Daddy Narang had two kids from a first marriage who own all his paisa. He had 3 kids from a second marriage with someone who was named - wait for it - Mona!!! (post smuggler Loin and Mona jokes right about now πŸ˜†)

This is the gift that keeps giving - apparently this is Timmy's second marriage and he was married once before to some Mohini chick. 
http://expressindia.indianexpress.com/ie/daily/19980915/25850884.html
Originally posted by swati1975us

Irony of ironies - that film he acted in is apparently about smuggling πŸ˜†. Also if anyone remembers "Narang" was a pretty popular last name for smugglers in Hindi films in the 70s - the writers had a sense of humour. πŸ˜†

I had the same thoughtπŸ˜† Especially in AB's movies

But what a history!! Good detective work!

But how come Timmy and Ramona are left out? They can move court to get their share of the loot. Unless they blew up their share
thats why Timmy Narang took part in Survivor πŸ˜†
Originally posted by BullsEye777

I had the same thoughtπŸ˜† Especially in AB's movies

But what a history!! Good detective work!

But how come Timmy and Ramona are left out? They can move court to get their share of the loot. Unless they blew up their share

I know - the story is amazing - especially the intersection of Bollywood and underworld - this is totally like OUATIM in real life. Apparently the Narang brothers used to be invited to all the movie premieres back in the day and entirely possible that at least some of their money used to be invested in these films too. 

So apparently Timmy and Ramona and the rest of their branch of the Narang family is involved in a massive litigation. Of course the kids from Rama Narang's first marriage don't want to give a single penny to these guys. 

If anyone wonders where Kekta maiyya gets her plots - let me also say that Ramona Narang is on to her third marriage and her first husband had committed suicide. Some family drama this. 
Originally posted by TallyHo

thats why Timmy Narang took part in Survivor πŸ˜†

Precisely! Now it becomes clear how busy busy businessman has so much free time to just hang out in Survivor - it's because he's been kicked out of the businesses and has nothing.