Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Angels11

Call me dumb but sorry I really couldn't understand this OS. How can Rudra torture her yest & chg in just 1 day in the tomorrow section. Totally baffled or am I missing something?

Its not supposed to be a period of three days. Its not meant to be literally taken. Yesterday means the past, tomorrow means the future. No actual time line. 
Khushi_Dillse thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Fantastic...very nice updet...
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7

YESTERDAY AND TOMORROW: PRISONER (PART THREE) 

TOMORROW:  
"Bol diya tu pack kar, aur khud Aman bai-sa ke sath Officer's Mess pe chala gaya, madat bhi nahi kiya" 

(Eng: "He tells me to pack, and then leaves me here to go off with Aman to hang out at the Offier's Mess! Doesn't even bother to help me" ) 
pouted Paro, packing the suitcases with nimble, efficient fingers. The brightly decorated bedroom was a mess, covered with saris, shawls and dupattas, ghagras that caught the light as they hung limply over chairs and spilled out of drawers. The ever present constable tried to help his mistress by bringing armfuls of clothing to the bed, where she stood, packing.

"Aapka Major-sa ek number ke
kharoos hai, pata hai na, bai-sa?" continued Paro, as she finished her own bags and turned to the much less colorful corner of the wardrobe, pulling out khaki pants, sweaters and uniforms. "Kuch nahi bataya humne.  kuch dhang se karne nahi diya menno, uska General Saab-ji  ka orders aya , bas! Menne ko nahi pata uss ke liye kya pack karu, sub kapde  leke chale ka?"  

(Eng:"Your Major is completely awful, do you know that bhaiya? He never tells me anything. He doesn't even give me time do anything properly--his General's orders arrive, and that it! I don't even know what I should pack for him, do you think I should just take all his clothes?") 

Seeing Paro's new project, the constable spoke up. There was no reason to pack the Major's things, he told Paro. She was going alone, with the other officers' families to a secure location away from base camp. The Major was going on a raid. As Paro stared at him, her face bleached of all color, the constable tried to explain what little had he understood from Headquarters.

There was going to be a big mission at the border, with several different units coordinating an incursion style mission to deal with some border villages that had been identified as militant zones. Major Rudra Pratap Ranawat of course, would be leading the teams. The orders for moving his Paro from the less secure BSD Army camp to a fortified location in Jodpur had come from him, not the General.

The constable babbled on, talking about the mission, the danger, the potential for casualties. He was a kind man but even his own wife never claimed he was a particularly observant one, so he was quite startled when his Paro madam-sa turned and raced out of the bedroom.

Rudra put down his whiskey, leaning over the map Aman had spread over the table, and traced scout locations  for the force. He had just chosen the best outpost points when the door was wrenched open.

Paro stood before him, panting slightly. He took in her bare, dirty feet, her disheveled hair, the tears running down that lovely face. And it was because of those tears that his heart hammered in his chest. The table between them went flying as he launched across the room, his heated eyes intent on the beautiful woman in front of him. Before Aman could get out of the way, he was shoved aside by his frantic chief and landed in a heap on the floor.  "Paro, kya hua? Tuje koi kuch kaha kya? Kya tune..?"

(Eng: "Paro, whats wrong? Did someone say anything to you? Did you find out...?")

Paro threw herself into the arms that were desperately held open to her, and sobbed her eyes out on the chest that had taken so many wounds for her life and her country. She would not let him go, let him  face danger and injury without being right there to worry for him, to pray and cherish and heal him. She would not let him out of her sight, she would not! Let him be hurt, and not be there to soothe him? Never!

"Nahi jaana menne ko! Kahi nahi jaana! Aap jayenge uss harami  ko samne karne ke, aur menne bhej denge koi aour? Mein maar jaungi!  menne leke jao aap ke saath, agar app ko kuch ho gaya? Mei jaungi aap ke saath! Menne nahi jaana koi aour!"

(Eng:"I am not going anywhere! I'm not going! You think you'll go where those killers are, face them alone, and you'll send me somewhere else? I'll die! Take me with you, what if something happens to you? I'm going to go with you! I'm not going anywhere without you!")

The storm of tears would not stop. Paro, clutched her entire world in her arms as she held him close, as she felt him holding her. She begged and cried, scolded and screamed. She hadn't had him for long enough! It was not enough! It would never be enough! She would not let him leave her behind!

She would not listen to anything. Twice before, he had landed in the hospital, and Paro had fought with Death itself to get Rudra back. Every BSD unit under Major Ranawat's charge believed, secretly, that she was his lucky charm---but Rudra had tried, like he did every time, to get her to safety before his mission.  If anything happened to her, he knew he would truly turn into the Jallad she teasingly called him. And if that happened, there was no army, rule or regulation that would stop him. So he tried.

Aman, getting up from the ground, already knew what orders he was about to receive. He had warned Rudra that Parvati bai-sa would not leave him. She had not left Rudra's side ever since she had arrived into his life, not once, and even Rudra had accepted defeat when it came to this.

She would get her way this time as well. She would go along with them, staying in tents and caves, watching over her Rudra, not caring for the lack of supplies, the hardships, the terrible conditions of their camp. Aman sighed to himself. It had been worth the effort.  Their plan might have worked  if Parvati bai-sa hadn't  realized until it was too late that she was being sent to a secure location in the city by herself. But now that she knew- Rudra wouldn't stand a chance.

The Major, emerging from a dramatic scene that made Aman's hair stand on end, told Aman to make the arrangements, but only for the other officers' families. It seemed, Major Saab would be travelling with his own security detail/commanding officer once again, just like he ended up doing every single time--Paro.

YESTERDAY:  She thought she could hear the dogs. She wasn't sure, the wind, out here in the open desert whistled and moaned among the moonlit sands. Being from these dunes, she knew that strange sounds filled the air at night. But the howling sounded eerie, animalistic. It could be the dogs. Trembling, she struggled to her feet, looking wildly behind her.  No sign of HIM. Not yet. But she knew  that she was being hunted. Like an animal at bay, she stiffened, primitive senses awoke as she scented danger.

Flashes of light, there, in the distance. She wouldn't hear footsteps, they would be muffled by the sand. But sand, at night, would reflect the light from the torches, and throw up a glow into the sky. HE was coming. Her heart hammered in her chest, panic now coating her mouth with bitterness. She had thought she would have at least this entire night before they found the open cell door. Before HE came to hunt her down, take her away without questioning, even once, whether she was guilty.

She thought she'd have just a few hours more, and would escape from him forever, get to Birpur, get to help.

But of course not. HE would know. HE always knew, knew that she was finally at the point of collapse. HE knew that she was in so much pain she was almost ready to sell her own family for a moment of peace. And he knew that with one more day of his torture, she would be ready to sign anything, witness anything, admit to anything.

But knowing that, seeing her defeat in sight, HE had become just the tiniest bit relaxed, just a bit less alert. Tonight, a constable had come into her cell, with food. Real food. Hot, steaming rice, and savory curry. She knew, right away. She understood that HE thought that she was going to be broken tomorrow. She understood that he wanted her strong so she could betray Birpur to these monsters. It had taken her less than a second to hit the constable with the water jug. She sneaked out of the open door, avoiding hallways she knew so well from the nights she had been dragged through them to be interrogated by HIM. She had done all that, instinctively, as if she was led to freedom by Bholenath himself.  

As she had made her way across the back of the Army base, dodging behind trucks, hiding from lanterns and camp fires, she had prayed fiercely, to her God. Please, she had prayed...Hai  Bholenath, give me the strength to get across the dunes, to get home. Once I get home---she had prayed, sticking to the shadows like a wounded animal---once I get home, the men of Birpur will avenge this. They will show this Jallad what hell is, what they do to avenge the destruction of a woman who is their daughter, their sister and child. They will teach the Jallad what pain is, what loss is. They will destroy the Jallad, and I will watch. I will see him broken, Bholenath, and then at your feet I'll place any offering you ask. Just rescue me from HIM.

But Bholenath had not listened. A few more hours, and she would have been at the border, her feet on the soil of her home. Now, crashing through dunes, blindly trying to throw the dogs, and HIM, off her scent, she prayed again. This time, she prayed to Bholenath for death. But not because she was afraid.

This time, for the first time, she asked for the death of a martyr. She prayed for a swift death at HIS hands.  If she had to die out here in the open dunes, she prayed that HE would be the one to send a bullet through her heart. Because she would rather die before she broke, and took the lives of her village with her.

And if her death painted HIS hands red, if HE had to kill her as he chased her, to stop her from getting home---he would remember her death as his defeat. Birpur would be safe, and HE would remember her, as the only one in the world who had escaped his shackles.  Her death would haunt the Jallad, because it would take from him his ego, his pride and confidence. The Jallad would hurt.

And that would have to be enough.

I just came upon this one from you Napster !  Edited by Kishmish - 10 years ago
jayashreesbs thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This is the first time I am reading your work. I loved it

FascinatingSanz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
awesome ❤️
loved it 
but plz write the blue part in English 😳 plz, I am not Indian 😳 
Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Yet another write up, loves it! Amazing writer!
shree10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow!

For my own sanity, I read yesterday first and then tomorrow. 😃
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

OMG as usual simply BRILLIANT!! I just read all 3 in one go as soon as i saw ur username!! OMG just wow!!

I cannot wait for the next part and the next and the next!!

its so warm on one end, and the other end is so chilling and deadly.. how they meet is so far eluding me.. so waiting even more impatiently for this to unfold!!

sparikh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wow - every part is more powerful than before; u r on a roll girl - there is 180* degree diff b/w the aanewala kal  & ho gaya kal
can't wait to read the unspoken story b/w the kal & kal.

-Sona