Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
She is half Brit. 6 years older than Farhan. Most of the Brits look older than the Indians of same age. Don't worry, within few years people will say the same about Katrina-ji; who is (probably) a full Brit.
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Btw, I saw one pic of her in an old mag. She was probably in her 20s. Not sure how she used to look those days, but in that pic she looked really pretty; she had very attractive eyes. Their younger daughter Akira has got those eyes.  

Originally posted by: Enycedoll

have there rumors of farhan cheating??? otherwise, why worry?? although he does look bored in the pic. Adhunas bold features make her come across as old. 

Flings with two of his assistant directors, besides sext story with Deepika.

There are more with star-wives, but those were not posted on reliable newspapers/mags.

Edited by eeyoretel - 10 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

No wonder he cheats on her
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
hmm she looks quite old!!!
swati1975us thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: eeyoretel

She is half Brit. 6 years older than Farhan. Most of the Brits look older than the Indians of same age. Don't worry, within few years people will say the same about Katrina-ji; who is (probably) a full Brit.

😆 Surprisingly her solid half-Bengali genes don't compensate for that. 

Has anyone here seen Adhuna's interview with Abu-Sandeep? She's an absolute sweetheart. It's clear why Farhan married her - she's very laid back, has no star wife airs and has an actual successful business she runs, unlike other star wives and their fake socialite "businesses". 

Also, this is Farhan's second marriage and her first. He was the divorcee here, she wasn't. 
UsernameLoading thumbnail
Mehr and Adhuna are my most favorite star wives..they have more personality than all the other women in bollywood..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wUMmiZq7bM[/YOUTUBE]

watch the last 5 minutes

I don't know what 'star wife' means: Farhan Akhtar's wife

Kritika Kapoor, TNN Aug 12, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Tags:
  • YES|
  • the script|
  • the rest|
  • journey|
  • Farhan Akhtar's wife|
  • Adhuna Akhtar
(Adhuna Akhtar )

Adhuna Akhtar doesn't come across as just another 'star wife'. Not only because it's hard to imagine her being catty to some A-list actress, or toting around a designer handbag at some la-di-dah fash bash, but because she comes across as someone fiercely independent.

The short 'don't-mess-with-me' haircut and the no-nonsense attitude contribute to the image. When you tell her as much, she replies, "Can I burst out laughing?" and proceeds to do just that.
"Everybody keeps using the term 'star wife', I don't know what it really means," she says. "I mean, I think I am independent in terms of my career. It's something I have been doing since I was 14 years old. I decided at a very young age what I wanted to do and whichever way I could, I pursued that. When I came to India, I was working independently. Then my brother and I set up a business and it was only after that that I met my husband. So, my business was already up and running, all throughout the journey my husband's been extremely supportive. From a professional point of view, he uses my salon for all his projects (laughs)," and adds jokingly, "We don't force him to do that - he has a choice."

She calls herself his lucky charm, since Farhan was still writing the script for Dil Chahta Haiwhen they first met. Since then, her husband has shot into the limelight not just as a director and writer, but as the quintessential A-list 'movie star'. Did she have to work especially hard at being the star wife? "No, I think it has been a natural progression of our lives together. I have not experienced any other way, so that's all I can say. We've both done the best we can in the fields we've chosen. Fortunately, we've both been successful at what we've done. We've supported each other through that. His role is much more open and in the public view that mine has ever been. And he's much better at handling that than me. So, it's best that it worked out that way."

When the subject of hairstyling comes up, she reveals her inner geek - shelling out scientific data, along with terms like 'education' and 'revolution'. "I don't know if you know this, but the hair growth pattern is as individual as a fingerprint. That's what makes everyone's hair unique," she says.

But does the rest of the world take hairstyling or hairstylists as seriously as she does? "When I was studying in the UK - that was a time when hairdressing, even there, was not looked upon as a profession. In India, we were a lot behind the West in terms of development of this industry. YES, it was hard to not be taken seriously as a professional, or as an artiste. But I think a lot of names in the hairdressing industry, myself included, have worked collectively to change that," she says.
"When I left the UK, there was a salon on every street corner and it has kind of lost its charm. We (in India) are a long way from reaching there. There was a revolution that had happened there. Vidal Sassoon is a very big inspiration for hairdressers worldwide. Because he focused on a very strong foundation of education and he revolutionized hairdressing in the UK. People were wearing their hair in bouffants then. He was the first guy who did a cut that could be washed and left. Since then, a revolution of that sort has never happened. That's something I'd like to create here," says the hairstylist, who is currently working on the show, "B Blunt" that will feature her giving makeovers to people.

Her love affair with hairstyling that began at 14, is still going strong and she assures us that they will never ever break up. In fact, when asked if she'd like to dabble in any other career after having dipped her toes in TV waters, she says, "There are a lot of things I'd like to do in life. I am very focused where my profession is concerned but outside of that... I don't think I will ever leave hairdressing. In some way, shape or form, I will be connected with it. There are many other things I'd like to explore, not as a profession, but things I'd like to do. Travel. Sketch. Sports. I like being outdoors. But professionally, I think it will always be related to hair."

Edited by Bagwati. - 10 years ago
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The pseudo-intellectual family. 
Sabina Azmi, Akhthar's take their vacations in Spain along with Kareena, Saif and Emraan! 
Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Based on her interviews, she seems pretty laid back, humble and grateful for the lifestyle they live, which is refreshing. Moreover Fahan did the pursuing in the relationship, she encouraged and had faith in his writing and talents when he wasn't at all established, so Farhan is the lucky one here.