Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ForeverSHINee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: bips

What is K-movies ? Nothing related to Kekta kapoor i hope ...

... I get that the media pressure is insane. Look at jai ho for instance. They are predicting that it will cross 100 crores in a week. That makes it profitable within a week!! ... but salman khan is giving interviews saying that he will take the blame. What blame ? ... the media has gone crazy.

But who started this trend ?... The stars. They take out full page ads claiming the film made x crores in y days. Now days watch any top star interview - they will mention the 100/200/300 cr club. Its the only thing on their mind.

That ways i agree, the younger lot is doing better films. I think the superstars don't even listen to the scripts anymore. They just sign on with people who they think will get them in the exclusive club.

I was talking about Korean movies😆Yeah I agree Khans these days only seem to bother about making their movies to 100/200/300 crore club these days -_-
LavaLips___ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am really looking forward to Raees and Fan in 2015...
The last time SRK truly acted was in 2007 or for some 2010!! It will be a good 5-8 yrs after which he will be in a performance oriented movie.Basically I am curious to know if he still has that VERY GOOD actor inside him who pulled out roles like Kabir Khan and Mohan Bhargava(which i think till date,is one of the best potrayal of a character in Indian Cinema)
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
No, not really. Their popularity is measured by the box office of their films, so that's all they care about. I can't remember the last Salman film I fully watched nor do I intend to watch anything else he does, Dhoom 3 was utter rubbish and Talaash wasn't all that either, and the thought of an SRK film simply makes me sick. Audience has a breaking point, which they seem close to reaching anyways. Its good, they need a wakeup call.

Edited by chocolover89 - 10 years ago
gilmores thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Lol i sorta agree with everything you said😆 So much so that i don even bother watching SRK or Salman movies anymore😆 I cringed watching CE and don ever plan to watch Jai Ho😆 Aamir is comparatively better though and i have high hopes from PK😆 Its not about masala movies tbh..The thing is even if its a commercial potboiler, it has to be entertaining..I still fail to see what was so entertaining about a Ready or CE..Am probably gonna be called delusional for this but at this point, Ranbir is infinite times better than both SRK and Salman..He is the better actor and chooses better scripts at this point..Besharam was an exception though but i hope he learnt his lesson..Now go ahead, call me delusional😆

You're not delusional. Ranbir is better. At least there's something to look forward to in his films, barring that Besharam which looked like flop from day 1.

Most of new folks are all better. I'd rather watch them than sit through SRK acting like a monkey anyways...heck I'd even watch Imran Khan bore me to tears more and that's saying something.
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: chocolover89

You're not delusional. Ranbir is better. At least there's something to look forward to in his films, barring that Besharam which looked like flop from day 1.

Most of new folks are all better. I'd rather watch them than sit through SRK acting like a monkey anyways...heck I'd even watch Imran Khan bore me to tears more and that's saying something.

Haha since am a Biru fan, i added that disclaimer so ppl don jump on me for saying Ranbir is better than the Khans😆 Heck, post Barfi, i thought he was a better actor than Aamir too😆
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Lol i sorta agree with everything you said😆 So much so that i don even bother watching SRK or Salman movies anymore😆 I cringed watching CE and don ever plan to watch Jai Ho😆 Aamir is comparatively better though and i have high hopes from PK😆 Its not about masala movies tbh..The thing is even if its a commercial potboiler, it has to be entertaining..I still fail to see what was so entertaining about a Ready or CE..Am probably gonna be called delusional for this but at this point, Ranbir is infinite times better than both SRK and Salman..He is the better actor and chooses better scripts at this point..Besharam was an exception though but i hope he learnt his lesson..Now go ahead, call me delusional😆

Delusional, what for? ðŸ˜•
This is the most sensible comment ever.
I am no Ranbir fan, so I speak from no previous bias or expectations, but I have gone to watch all his films in theatre itself. Because I have faith in him to make a good movie. That faith is significant. No other mainstream actor can ever aspire to achieve the faith that Ranbir has achieved. Maybe Amir. 
One Besharam does not change a single thing. 

niksidfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
the khans now makes films which the people like..they dont bother about much logic or good script...though aamir is bit diff but i fear he wud turn like da other two...
and the new one s really  have toy prove  demselves so dey cant  experiment much..dey had to go for best scripts ,best directors...dey had to be very choosy  whereas the khan already gained so much fandom which wont reduce so they get the liability to experiment themselves with anything.. and sadly ,for the people who looks for substance and contents  dont find dat in deir films
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Star_girl

I am no Ranbir fan, so I speak from no previous bias or expectations, but I have gone to watch all his films in theatre itself. Because I have faith in him to make a good movie. That faith is significant. No other mainstream actor can ever aspire to achieve the faith that Ranbir has achieved. Maybe Amir. 

Delusional to think that Ranbir is better than the Khans😆 And am biased when it comes to Ranbir, so i added that disclaimer😆
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Delusional to think that Ranbir is better than the Khans😆 And am biased when it comes to Ranbir, so i added that disclaimer😆

But that's the point.
He is.
Way better than the Khans, that is. 
And this coming from a non-fan. ðŸ˜‰
gilmores thumbnail

Originally posted by: Star_girl

I like Ranbir, but that's not true. Aamir has 100 times more goodwill than any other mainstream actor. Lagaan, 3 Idiots, and RDB. It'll override anything...then he has PK which is expected to be like 3 Idiots...and if it is, then people will forget something called Dhoom existed anyways. 😆 Ranbir has faith amongst audience too, but nowhere near as much. ...probably second most after Aamir though.