Do none of the Khans care about quality anymore?

Jeevanjhandhai thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
#1
I think there have been posts about this already but i feel compelled to increase forums posts due to the sheer rubbish I watched yesterday called "Jai Ho"
In fact why just Salman, all, ALL the latest movies by the top three khans were beyond pathetic. Srk with Chennai Express, aamir with Dhoom, and now this. And though not a khan, even Hrithik's krrish was an absolute disaster.

Does no one in the industry make decent cinema anymore? All these "stars" care about is who made how much and how can i top that. Even fans seem to indulge in a war about box office figures. Hun? Why? Is anyone of you getting a percentage share in the earnings?

As somebody who used to love indian cinema, I hardly get to watch any decent movies these days. I don't like art cinema - it is mostly depressing and pretentious. I want to watch fun, mainstream, entertaining bollywood movies with songs and dances and all the hoopla. But this ? The kind of movies that made the Khans the big stars they are today. Instead all we are left with is this shetty/sajid brand of crass (non)humour or south style action with no plotline to speak of.


What the hell happened?


Created

Last reply

Replies

66

Views

6.2k

Users

39

Likes

140

Frequent Posters

Y7YDIVOAG62ZO7YP thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
#2
Depends on your definiton of quality😛
5ILJ4ALIWJQAI3K4 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
#3
Most dispointed with aamir ... For doing dhoom 3
rogerrocks thumbnail
13th Anniversary Thumbnail Trailblazer Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
#4
Lol i sorta agree with everything you said😆 So much so that i don even bother watching SRK or Salman movies anymore😆 I cringed watching CE and don ever plan to watch Jai Ho😆 Aamir is comparatively better though and i have high hopes from PK😆 Its not about masala movies tbh..The thing is even if its a commercial potboiler, it has to be entertaining..I still fail to see what was so entertaining about a Ready or CE..Am probably gonna be called delusional for this but at this point, Ranbir is infinite times better than both SRK and Salman..He is the better actor and chooses better scripts at this point..Besharam was an exception though but i hope he learnt his lesson..Now go ahead, call me delusional😆
lompatmape thumbnail
12th Anniversary Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
#5

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Lol i sorta agree with everything you said😆 So much so that i don even bother watching SRK or Salman movies anymore😆 I cringed watching CE and don ever plan to watch Jai Ho😆 Aamir is comparatively better though and i have high hopes from PK😆 Its not about masala movies tbh..The thing is even if its a commercial potboiler, it has to be entertaining..I still fail to see what was so entertaining about a Ready or CE..Am probably gonna be called delusional for this but at this point, Ranbir is infinite times better than both SRK and Salman..He is the better actor and chooses better scripts at this point..Besharam was an exception though but i hope he learnt his lesson..Now go ahead, call me delusional😆



👏👏👏👏😆
Jeevanjhandhai thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
#6

Originally posted by: _YoU_KnOw_WhO

Depends on your definiton of quality😛



I think by anyone's definition of quality, all the films fall short. i found Darr was quality, hum hain rahi pyaar ke was quality, hum aapke hain kaun was quality.

All mainstream, non intellectual, mass entertainment films. but quality
rogerrocks thumbnail
13th Anniversary Thumbnail Trailblazer Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
#7
😆 We are such hopeless fangirls😆
lompatmape thumbnail
12th Anniversary Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
#8

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

😆 We are such hopeless fangirls😆


#unpopularopinion FTW 😆
Jeevanjhandhai thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
#9

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Lol i sorta agree with everything you said😆 So much so that i don even bother watching SRK or Salman movies anymore😆 I cringed watching CE and don ever plan to watch Jai Ho😆 Aamir is comparatively better though and i have high hopes from PK😆 Its not about masala movies tbh..The thing is even if its a commercial potboiler, it has to be entertaining..I still fail to see what was so entertaining about a Ready or CE..Am probably gonna be called delusional for this but at this point, Ranbir is infinite times better than both SRK and Salman..He is the better actor and chooses better scripts at this point..Besharam was an exception though but i hope he learnt his lesson..Now go ahead, call me delusional😆



I actually don't like ranbir but i really enjoyed YJHD. I think it was pretty much the last decent entertaining film i saw.
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
13th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail Engager Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
#10


Related Topics

Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: mintyblue · 6 days ago

Vicky Kaushal, Ranbir Kapoor and Ranveer Singh are not the successors of the Khans. They are, in several respects, a more compelling proposition....

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: cougarTown · 3 months ago

I guess that is a well established fact now. Recent is cocktail 2 being declared a success at 150cr budget though let alone 150 even 100cr...

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: cougarTown · 4 months ago

...

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: cougarTown · 5 months ago

Leading A list actress who has given successes with all khans in pivotal roles. Not a single flop. Any guesses?

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: WhipCreamThong · 5 months ago

I am not talking about Kriti, or Deepika, or even Alia. I am referring to Rani, Tabu, Kajol, Madhuri, and even Sridevi. Today's actresses are...

Expand ▼
Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".