Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Parakh Madan and Usha Bacchani in Mahadev

kaatayani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Parakh replaces Ojaswi to play Mohini in Mahadev

Neha Maheshwri,TNN | Jan 18, 2014, 12.00 AM IST

Telly show 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has introduced many cameos, one of the most memorable being that of Mohini. The character was played by Ojaswi Oberoi during the Bhasmasur track. So, when a developing track required Mohini again, producer Nikhil Sinha contacted Ojaswi, only to be left surprised. He was told that Ojaswi had got married and shifted to Kolkata for good.

Nikhil was left with no choice but to look for her replacement and thus, finalised Parakh Madan. Says Parakh, "Mohini is the female avatar of Lord Vishnu. I was always keen on doing a mythological show. Also, my role has a dance sequence. Being a trained classical dancer, it's a good opportunity to showcase my talent." So, is she aware that the role was originally played by Ojaswi? "I am not aware of that," she says. 

Usha Bacchani to enter Mahadev

Tejashree Bhopatkar,TNN | Jan 17, 2014, 07.23 PM IST

Usha Bacchani to enter Mahadev
Usha Bacchani
Life OK's long running mythological show 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev' is ruling millions of heart since two years now and the show is leaving no stone unturned to keep the audiences glued with its engaging narration. 

After roping in talented actor Rahul Dev, the makers ( Nikhil Sinha) have now planned to introduce a new character with a new track. Accordingly, Television actress Usha Bacchanihas been roped in to play Mahishi in Mahadev.

"Usha Bacchani will portray Mahishi, Mahishasur's sister. As Mahishasur was killed by Parvati, Mahishi has now returned to take revenge from Parvati. With her utter devotion, she pleases Lord Brahma and in return she asks to bless her with a boon by which nobody, except the son created out of the union of Vishnu (Hari) and Shiva (Haran) would be able to kill her."

When contacted, Usha Bacchani confirms, "Yes I am entering the show and it's a great experience to work with such a good and co-operative production house. I had once done a costume drama but Mahadev is different."

Usha Bacchan has earlier acted in shows like Mata Ki Chowki and Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki.

Keep reading this space for more updates!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
i just posted these articles in FC & in Aiyappa thread...wht a timing..πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

nywz yaar am lookin forward to c all these..
kaatayani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
and we commented the same thing in the respective  threads..!!
Abhisheking thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing n it will be nice to see the two entries...πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Hari - Haran means Aiyappa track??

I don't know story of this track

And again proved ...this is show of replacementπŸ˜ƒ...In 2014 Replacement is continued πŸ˜†

New actress for Mohini.πŸ˜› I like her & looks better then Ojaswini

In every 1 month, atleast 1 actor is replaced in this show πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for sharing..

if you open the Parakh's link you will see her pic..I noticed her costume in the pic n it looks like Mahabharat...so is she in MB too?
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
rival site article on Parakh

Life OK's Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev (Triangle Films Company) has brought out the minute details from the happening in the life of Lord Shiva. And to add to the tales, various characters have been brought in regularly. The latest addition to the show is the very beautiful Parakh Madan.

The lovely girl who was last seen in Desh Ki Beti Nandini will be seen playing Mohini, the only female avatar of Vishnu who will combine her energy with Lord Shiva to beget a child, Lord Ayyapan. Lord Ayyapan was responsible of getting back Parvati to Shiva.

Parakh, who is a trained classical dancer, has two reasons to smile. This being her first mythological show and she secondly gets to perform a very beautiful dance sequence. It is said that Mohini and Lord Shiva's energy gets together through this dance thus forming the child.

We called up Parakh who confirmed the news and added, "I am really excited to be a part of a mythological show. It's really different from whatever work I have done earlier. Also in television you hardly get a chance to perform to classical dance forms, and I am really looking forward to it."

The actor is currently shooting for her part and her entry will be shown on Monday (20 January).

rishabgosavi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing n it will be really wonderful to watch it
Rishi_ thumbnail
looking forward to the interesting track.TFSπŸ˜ƒ

cant wait to see Swami Ayappa Mohini Mahishi.

Btw any news as to who will play the role of Ayappa?
Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing the news,Suchi.
I am eagerly waiting as I am willing to see how the CV's show the track