Shruti Haasan turns down dad Kamal Haasan's movie offer due to date is

NancyAjram thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Leading ladies of South India may be tripping over one another to be paired with the indomitable Kamal Haasan.

Not Shruti Haasan.

The young pretty daughter of the legendary Kamal Haasan who is currently in a hospital in Hyderabad recuperating from an appendix operation, has opted out of her father's next bi-lingual film Uthama Villain for the lack of dates.

Shruti who is currently shooting films in three languages would now be replaced by a newcomer in Kamal Haasan's film.

Says the proud yet disappointed father, "Yes, our dates didn't work out. But in a way it's good. It's too early yet for Shruti and I to share screen space together. Too much pressure on both of us. Maybe later when she has more experience."

Shruti's role would now be taken up by a newcomer.

Says the ever-enterprising Kamal Haasan, "We've shortlisted three new girls for my daughter's role and some new actors for my son's role. There is so much acting talent around. But most of us like to be in our comfort zone, I guess."

Shruti seems to be going through a bit of a dark phase, what with a stalker troubling her just last month. Now it's a sudden attack of appendicitis.

Says the concerned father, "She was here in Chennai for the New Year, then she left for Hyderabad. She called to say she has a stomach pain. She thought she had eaten too much biryani. It turned out to be a troublesome appendix."

Shruti would have been in and out of the Hyderabad hospital quietly were it not for Telugu actor Uday Kiran's death.

Says Kamal Haasan, "They brought poor Uday to the same hospital where Shruti was to undergo surgery. That's how Shruti's ailment came out. But it's okay. All the negativity is being eliminated from her life. She will soon be fine."